Author Topic: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread  (Read 69921 times)

Offline LtWarhound

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
Re: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2011, 12:15:34 PM »
Intermittant problem with launchers not remaining assigned to the selected fire control.

Note: This problem happened on the Battle Control screen (F8?) workaround was to go to the Individual Ships and manually fire each ship, one at a time.  Fortunately a small battle, so this was feasible.

Missiles on ship, check.
Missiles loaded in launchers, check.
Launchers assigned to fire control, check.
ECCM assigned to fire control, check.
Target assigned, check.
Target in range (FC has range of 35m, targets at range 10m. and it only has ECM-4, so yep, in range).  Check.

Click the button to have all ships fire, and the launchers are no longer assigned to the fire control. "Assigned Missiles/Buoys without Shipboard Fire Control" is now all of them.

Reassign launchers to the fire control (only one on the ship), verify everything else is still set, click button to fire the launchers assigned to the selected fire control, and the launchers are now unassigned.

Reassign launchers, try again, same results.  Try the next ship, same problem, try a third ship in the task group, same problem.  Shut down Aurora, reopen, verify everything, same problem.

Go to the Individual ships window, combat tab, set everything up again just to be sure, fire, go to the next ship, repeat 19 times (gunboats, they run in packs). 

And the missiles fire.

Combats prior and after that one, worked as expected.  No clue.

Gunboat, 20 size 2 box launchers, one firecontrol, one compact eccm-1, target on active sensors provided by fleet scout (hanging back 400m km).  The gunboats already had a kill from a previous fight, different star system a few jumps back, so I know they worked.  Same gunboats, the next day (real time, years later game time) worked properly, no problems.  Good luck tracking this down.

Offline Narmio

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »
So, I'm now getting one I haven't seen before.  From the short interrupts I assume it's two NPRs fighting. I got these in a big bunch, several dozen errors, I just held Enter until they stopped popping up.  Then several intervals later (about 60s) I'm getting them again.

Error in ApplyShapedDamage
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow.

OK, in the same game as this a few days later I'm now getting this:

Error in CheckSpecialOrders
Error 3167 was generated by DAO.Database
Record is deleted.

Followed by:

Error 3420 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set.

And that second one flashed up a bunch of times.

EDIT:  And now a day or so later we've changed to:

Error in WormholeMoves
Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection.

EDIT again:  And now about five days after that I've got:

Error in LoadOrders
Error 84 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null.

That one popped up three times.

Then a few days later I went back to the first one:

Error 3167 was generated by DAO.Database
Record is deleted.

followed again by:

I then went to compact my database so I could email it to Steve, but got:

Error in CompactDB
Error 429 was generated by Aurora
ActiveX component can't create object.

followed by a seemingly huge number of:

Error in UpdateGameLog

So I'll RAR the database and send that, I think.

I *think* this game might be shot. :)  My guess is that everybody's favourite intergalactic party-crashers have gone astray somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:26:39 PM by Narmio »

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #227 on: May 07, 2011, 12:06:20 AM »
Are your invaders on?  Wormhole travel is a clue there.  Maybe a wormhole is opened to an undefined location, or ships that don't exist are trying to move through it?

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »
Got a BIG problem, first all goes white, no problem there, but when its still white after an hour I ended Aurora and started it again, some 30 new enemy ships were reported but I cant see them... Well sooner or later they will be seen...  :)
Let the time begin, the same problem happens, now I notices that time does not move, the same ships are shown as new ships...
After several tries some are updated and some are new ones... Still cant see them so I cant destroy them...
Anyone knows whats going on??

Presume that its a bug... :'(
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2011, 02:17:34 AM »
So, I'm now getting one I haven't seen before.  From the short interrupts I assume it's two NPRs fighting. I got these in a big bunch, several dozen errors, I just held Enter until they stopped popping up.  Then several intervals later (about 60s) I'm getting them again.

Error in ApplyShapedDamage
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow.

Most likely a very small ship (such as a fighter) is being hit by a very wide weapon (a large plasma torpedo, perhaps) causing the damage template to 'wrap around' the ship twice.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2011, 08:39:08 AM »
Someone pointed out in The Academy that Maintenance Storage Bays cost no minerals, even though their build cost is 15.  I noticed that Command Modules cost 3 minerals, even though their build cost is 2.5.  My understanding is that build cost == mineral cost on a 1-for-1 basis, hence this bug report.

John

PS - Have you thought about writing a little DB validation tool that would run over the DB and make self-consistency checks on things like this?  That would be the way to catch all of these....

Offline Peter Rhodan

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #231 on: May 11, 2011, 01:31:28 AM »
I have a simple one Steve
Gleise 542

Should be Gliese 542

:)

Offline stamasd

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #232 on: May 11, 2011, 06:11:26 PM »
Error 381

Built ship with 2x size8 missile launchers and a missile fire control FC15-R100
Stocked magazine with size8 missiles
Individual ship settings > combat settings, select missile fire control FC15-R100 then select both size8 launchers, click "assign" generates error 381 twice, every single time.

Offline Vicarrah

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Just call me Vic
« Reply #233 on: May 12, 2011, 02:38:25 PM »
Total newb here, want to play this, but can't even get through the tutorial.  when I try to design the first sensor package, size 2, resolution 100(2HS), it crashes with a 381 error, invalid property array index.

I'm on a 64bit vista, have checked the msstdfmt. dll and it seems fine, so I don't think that's the problem.
Just call me Vic, everyone else does.

Offline Dragon

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #234 on: May 13, 2011, 01:49:20 AM »
I have read in a couple of places on this forum that the Low Tech Infantry and Armour units were supposed to be pre-TN and the other units were supposed to be post TN; however, even on a conventional start, I can build every unit type before I even research Trans-Newtonian Technology.

Shouldn't most of the ground units have a Trans-Newtonian Technology prerequisite?

Offline stamasd

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2011, 10:13:38 AM »
Aurora 5.42 on Win XP SP1, installed through 4.91 complete, 5.40 upgrade then 5.42 upgrade.

From "system map" clicking on "system information" generates the following error, every time:

"Error in LaunchSystemWindow. Error 713 was generated by Aurora.exe. Class not registered. You need the following file to be installed on the machine: MSSTDFMT.DLL. Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/viewforum.php?f=11"

I looked in windows/system32 and indeed there is no msstdfmt.dll - looks like Aurora didn't install it. The file is present on my Win7 machine (where I don't get this error). I don't know whether the file (which is part of VB6) comes by default on win7 but not on XP, or if the Aurora installer has it or not (and if it does, why the install fails silently on XP).

(edit) the error is corrected by downloading the msstdfmt.dll file and registering it with regsvr32. Suggest including it in the distribution package for those OS that don't have it by default.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 10:27:20 AM by stamasd »

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2011, 12:24:35 PM »
getting
"Error in OrbitalMovment
Error 11
Division by Zero"

similar to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,1422. 0. html

5. 4. 2

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2011, 08:17:05 AM »
I got another bug. Civilians ships are trying to go into Kapteyns Star from 40 Eridani. Now, I get the message saying that they cannot transit since at least one ship is larger than the ship with the higher jump rating. Now, the problem is that I've got Jump Gate on both side of the jump point.

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2011, 08:27:54 AM »
Actually, the bug seems to be that the civies attempt to do squadron transit rather than regular one.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2011, 04:15:43 PM »
'Conditional' type events are interrupting the increments but are not being displayed on the system screen. They are being displayed in the Events window though.