Author Topic: Moving ships between fleets  (Read 375 times)

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Moving ships between fleets
« on: May 08, 2024, 01:30:32 AM »
It's basic, but I admit I don't know if there is a solution. Is it possible to move several ships at once from one fleet to another? Ctrl-click does not work for multi-selection, but I can't imagine that after all these years Steve is still moving 36 fighters, one click at a time, from one fleet to another (fighters, FACs, or whatever; you get the idea!).

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Moving ships between fleets
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 04:31:00 AM »
It's basic, but I admit I don't know if there is a solution. Is it possible to move several ships at once from one fleet to another? Ctrl-click does not work for multi-selection, but I can't imagine that after all these years Steve is still moving 36 fighters, one click at a time, from one fleet to another (fighters, FACs, or whatever; you get the idea!).

Multi-select works on the ship list for each fleet. Use shift-click or ctrl-click to select, then detach and drag to target.

Or set your fighters up in a strikegroup using squadrons and then detach that.

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 11:22:32 AM »
Oh I see, in the RIGHT hand list! It never occurred to me to test multi-detach from there, thanks!

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 01:01:05 PM »
Oh I see, in the RIGHT hand list! It never occurred to me to test multi-detach from there, thanks!

Yes, the tree view is a Microsoft control and it doesn't allow multi-select.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5, boolybooly, BigBacon

Offline jamesbolt

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Data Analyst
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:53:06 PM »
Quote from: vorpal+5 link=topic=13551. msg169653#msg169653 date=1715149832
It's basic, but I admit I don't know if there is a solution.  Is it possible to move several ships at once from one fleet to another? Ctrl-click does not work for multi-selection, but I can't imagine that after all these years Steve is still moving 36 fighters, one click at a time, from one fleet to another (fighters, FACs, or whatever; you get the idea!).

Hey vorpal,

If you want to move multiple ships between fleets in Aurora 4X.  You can try to hold down the Shift key and click on each ship you want to move to select them then right-click on one of the selected ships to open the context menu after this you can choose the "Move To Fleet" option from the context menu and select the destination fleet for the selected ships.

If this method is not useful let me know.

Thanks,
James