Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 39206 times)

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #330 on: May 25, 2020, 07:05:46 PM »
Something is definitely buggy about how the game reports lost contacts.

I have had (and lost) contacts with several ships of the Swale Empire over the last year or two.
Recently, I explored a JP and discovered a new system, Cestus.
In this system, I see three "Lost" contacts at one of the planets.
The contacts are all for Swale ships that I had seen before (Braxen 001 and 002, and Bavern 002).
But, as I had never before been in this system, there is no way that I could have lost the contacts here.

Attached is the current save, at the time of first entering Cestus (reported as Battlaxe in the event log; I renamed it to Cestus).

I've had NPR ships seemingly jump locations for where I "lost" contact with them as well. And I just had a NPR ship capable of only going 78m Km in the 6 hr time increment move ~12billion km in that 6 hrs.
Is it possible that they moved through a JP or LP?
Doesn't look it. Ship showed approx at POI #5 in Merga, 6 hrs later, was at the location in Achemar with a really long movement trail from a totally different direction than the supposed entry JP.

1.9.5 Fresh, period, ~104 years in
After posting the screenshots & db, I advanced time 5 sec, and the ship appeared on the WP to Merga in Achemar where I would have expected it to be. The ships jumping around appears to be a display issue.
What I suspect is that the long tail is from the coordinates of the JP in the other system, and yes that is a display issue.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #331 on: May 25, 2020, 07:44:33 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: None
The window affected: Economics/Stockpiles
What you were doing at the time: Disassembling components
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy

If you disassemble a partial ship component then you can get negative remaining components.  You also get full credit for the disassembly.  Partial components happens when a freighter moves a component without enough room in the hold for the whole thing.

Recommendation: Disallow disassembling partial components.

Addendum:  Scrapping a partial component can give negative minerals and wealth but correctly leaves you with 0 components remaining.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 09:45:50 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline Kelewan

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #332 on: May 26, 2020, 01:26:39 AM »
Reposting bug report as it has not been marked as confirmed or WAI

The function number N/A
The complete error text N/A
The window affected Main Window, Singapore System
What you were doing at the time Point Defence with reduced chance-to-hit twin guas-turrets
Conventional or TN start TN
Random or Real Stars Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? dot
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy with the db
If this is a long campaign Year 8

There was a forum thread  suggesting that more weapons with reduced size
would be more effective as PD than fewer normal sized.
So i build a 0.6 HS (10% chance to hit)  gauss cannon and build twin turrets with an TS of 16000 km/s

My Napoleon failed to hit any of the alien missiles (35,200 km/s )

I know that the chance to hit is low, but event log indicates that it is still 1%.
As i did not safe at this point, I recreated this with SM created/moved ships.

10 ships fire each 180 shots at 7 missile salvos = 126000 shots and hit 0

- So either the chance to hit is much lower and the event log is showing the wrong number,
- there is a bug (rounding error)
- or my fleet is very very ..... very unlucky

AuroraDB-test-low-to-hit-1 .db is a few seconds before the first impact,
AuroraDB-test-low-to-hit-2 .db after 7 salvos engaged

Iceranger was able to reproduce the problem an added some additional informations

I setup some scenarios to replicate your bug in the bug thread, and I think I figure out what went wrong.

In short, if the final hit chance is between 0.5% and 1%, the display will round it to 1, but the actual hit chance will be rounded down to 0. If the final hit chance is slightly higher than 1%, it seem to be working as expected.

My setup: incoming missiles at 100kkm/s, turret tracking speed 40kkm/s, missiles have ECM 6, BFC has ECCM 2, BFC 10kkm accuracy 98%, 10% size gauss

Test 1: Active range against 6MSP is 14,419,238 km, the missiles can traverse this distance in less than 29 ticks, so the final tracking bonus is 28%. In this case, hit chance can be calculated as:
Code: [Select]
( (40000*1.28/100000)*0.98 - (0.6-0.2) ) * 0.1 * 100% = ( 0.50176 - 0.4 ) * 10% = 1.0176%
The displayed interception chance is 1%. The interception used 16650 shots out of 18000 available shots to intercept 180 incoming missiles, which gives an accuracy of 1.081%

Test 2: Active range against 6MSP is 13,894,726 km, the missiles will spend less than 28 ticks in this range, so the final tracking bonus is 27%. In this case, hit chance can be calculated as:
( (40000*1.27/100000)*0.98 - (0.6-0.2) ) * 0.1 * 100% = ( 0.49784 - 0.4 ) * 10% = 0.9784%
The displayed interception chance is still 1%, however the interception hits 0 out of 18000 available shots.

Have look at it before and confirmed it now. Thanks for this but try to keep reposting to a minimum.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 04:53:31 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #333 on: May 26, 2020, 10:44:16 AM »
I've conquered a neutral race I've created in my starting system, now the civilians are trying to ferry the neutral colonists from the conquered colony to other colonies in the same system, spamming me with events that neutral colonists cannot be unloaded in the same system.

This might not be game breaking, but it basically interrupts the game all the time.

EDIT: I'll attach the DB, it'll be easier to test that way.

Sounds like a bug but I'm not seeing it here, all your colonies are imperial population. What are the steps to trigger it from this save?

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #334 on: May 26, 2020, 10:45:46 AM »
Units in boarding combat do not use supplies.

I had formations with no supply units board an enemy ship and their supply never falls from 100 percent. After 10 round of combat they still fire 100 percent of the time.

Not sure if WAI as boarding combat is already a "dumbed" down version of ground combat but I thought supplies would matter at least.

Please ask Steve if this is WAI.

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #335 on: May 26, 2020, 10:48:51 AM »
@Bughunter would you mind checking if this one has been reported/confirmed/WAI? Thanks.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11298.msg133819#msg133819

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #336 on: May 26, 2020, 11:10:51 AM »
It is possible for a ship to launch negative amounts of crew into lifepods.

I just captured a ship in boarding combat, then the enemy ships fired and destroyed it, -38 have survived from the original crew of 139.

I have attached db.

1.9.5. Periods. 70 Year long campaign, conventional start, Real stars.

The event with the negative crew is in the most recent tick in the event log.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 01:27:25 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #337 on: May 26, 2020, 01:20:30 PM »
@Bughunter would you mind checking if this one has been reported/confirmed/WAI? Thanks.

Not handled yet. I went up to just before it on that page, but looks like one that deserves attention.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #338 on: May 26, 2020, 01:38:09 PM »
The function number - N/A
The complete error text - N/A
The window affected - Intelligence window
What you were doing at the time - N/A
Conventional or TN start - Conventional
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - Yes
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Not sure.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - Around 120 years in.

I have this ship:

IS Psicodaemon  (Astradaemon class Intelligence Ship)      2,066 tons       62 Crew       474.7 BP       TCS 4    TH 10    EM 0
1452 km/s    JR 1-50      Armour 1-14       Shields 0-0       HTK 16      Sensors 0/14/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
Maint Life 5.56 Years     MSP 265    AFR 18%    IFR 0.3%    1YR 14    5YR 216    Max Repair 280 MSP
Captain of the List    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 60 months    Morale Check Required   

Antimachus-Galenus JD-ELINT-001     Max Ship Size 2250 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 1

Agemman Aeromarine MCFD-ELINT-001 (2)    Power 60    Fuel Use 7.39%    Signature 4.80    Explosion 4%
Fuel Capacity 93,000 Litres    Range 109.6 billion km (873 days at full power)

ELINT Module (1)     Sensitivity 14     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  29.6m km
Cloaking Device: Class cross-section reduced to 10.0% of normal

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

It is 22m km away from a NPR population with a EM signature of 1,275.  However, on the intelligence screen, current intel and maximum intel points are both 0. They have remained at 0 for over a year. Communications have been established with the NPR.

It appears I am not gaining any intel on the pop at the target yet cannot find a reason why. I bounced it off folks in Discord and no one was able to come up with any ideas as to why this might be.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but I'm not 100% sure!

I just had this happen to me as well.
I SM added a 1-HS EM sensor to the ship design (the same specs as the ELINT module's built-in scanner), and then I started gaining intel points.
So, it appears that the ELINT module is not actually working as an EM scanner, despite the text that indicates it does.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #339 on: May 26, 2020, 02:05:25 PM »

I'm getting another strange effect, seeing the earthling FC when opening up the martian fleet by right-click. So far I have only been able to confirm the impacts shown in the wrong place.

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #340 on: May 26, 2020, 02:27:43 PM »

I'm getting another strange effect, seeing the earthling FC when opening up the martian fleet by right-click. So far I have only been able to confirm the impacts shown in the wrong place.

Hmm, interesting, I tested with the same DB but it reproduced the bug as when I set it up.

Another potential bug is area PD won't fire unless the BFC is manually targeted and order to open fire.

And, yes, I can somehow see earthling's FC when selecting martian ships... Reselecting the ship again seems to fix it

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 02:37:28 PM by Iceranger »

Offline Zeebie

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #341 on: May 26, 2020, 03:32:03 PM »
The function number: Function # 3040
The complete error text: Value was either too large or too small for a decimal.
The window affected: Tactical
What you were doing at the time: happens at the end of every interval, no matter how long. The error appears four times in succession.
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Happens every turn.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: started less than a year in.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 03:35:18 PM by Zeebie »

Offline Lightning

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #342 on: May 26, 2020, 04:15:04 PM »
The window affected - Intelligence window
What you were doing at the time - N/A
Conventional or TN start - Conventional
Is your decimal separator a comma? - Yes
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Not sure.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - Around 120 years in.

I have this ship:

IS Psicodaemon  (Astradaemon class Intelligence Ship)      2,066 tons       62 Crew       474.7 BP       TCS 4    TH 10    EM 0
1452 km/s    JR 1-50      Armour 1-14       Shields 0-0       HTK 16      Sensors 0/14/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
Maint Life 5.56 Years     MSP 265    AFR 18%    IFR 0.3%    1YR 14    5YR 216    Max Repair 280 MSP
Captain of the List    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 60 months    Morale Check Required   

Antimachus-Galenus JD-ELINT-001     Max Ship Size 2250 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 1

Agemman Aeromarine MCFD-ELINT-001 (2)    Power 60    Fuel Use 7.39%    Signature 4.80    Explosion 4%
Fuel Capacity 93,000 Litres    Range 109.6 billion km (873 days at full power)

ELINT Module (1)     Sensitivity 14     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  29.6m km
Cloaking Device: Class cross-section reduced to 10.0% of normal

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

It is 22m km away from a NPR population with a EM signature of 1,275.  However, on the intelligence screen, current intel and maximum intel points are both 0. They have remained at 0 for over a year. Communications have been established with the NPR.

It appears I am not gaining any intel on the pop at the target yet cannot find a reason why. I bounced it off folks in Discord and no one was able to come up with any ideas as to why this might be.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but I'm not 100% sure!

I just had this happen to me as well.
I SM added a 1-HS EM sensor to the ship design (the same specs as the ELINT module's built-in scanner), and then I started gaining intel points.
So, it appears that the ELINT module is not actually working as an EM scanner, despite the text that indicates it does.
Me too... Had started a question about it in the mechanics to make sure I was understanding right, seemed like I was, & was in the process of getting an ELINT only ship back into range so I could post a DB to the bug thread... However, the NPR is being pig headed as combat has broken out on the JP leading into their system so can't sneak the ship back in.

Offline roug

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #343 on: May 26, 2020, 04:56:39 PM »
The function number - 1.9.5 #1531
The complete error text - 1.9.5 Function#1531(translatet to English) Object reference is not set to object instance.
The window affected - All
What you were doing at the time - playing
Conventional or TN start - conventional
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Easily reproduced

If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - N/AI am just in the middle of a game, i just pushed the 5 day turn as i always do, suddenly i get 1.9.5 Function #1531 error, but it seem the turn goes, i have tried to save and restart the game, its still the same..
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 02:01:16 AM by roug »

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2020, 08:51:35 PM »
Old bug from VB6: cloaking device does not check ship size.

The window affected - Ship class design window
What you were doing at the time - testing
Conventional or TN start - TN
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Easily reproduced
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - N/A

In the design below, the cloaking device is rated for 40HS, and this design is obvisously above 40HS, but its TCS is still reduced.

To reproduce, research any cloaking device, put on a ship larger than the device's rated size, and profit :)