Author Topic: The Great Crusade - Discussion  (Read 9304 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: The Great Crusade - Discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 04:34:17 PM »
It's not a game breaking bug, it's a war between mirror universes!

(I kid. Sorry you had to restart, but better to catch it now than later I guess!)

You know a few times I have considered a campaign where all jump points lead to different versions of Sol :)

Offline Father Tim (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 10:04:17 PM »
You know a few times I have considered a campaign where all jump points lead to different versions of Sol :)

Nebula Sol is best Sol!

Offline Father Tim (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 10:23:08 PM »
Also, why does the (new) Terran Imperium have a Manufacturing Efficiency Modifier of 72.1%?  That seems like the number it had with the demand for 100 million Spaceport workers (277.4 million total) overloading the available 200 million workers (aka 72.098%).

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 02:52:38 AM »
Also, why does the (new) Terran Imperium have a Manufacturing Efficiency Modifier of 72.1%?  That seems like the number it had with the demand for 100 million Spaceport workers (277.4 million total) overloading the available 200 million workers (aka 72.098%).

I probably removed the spaceports and redid the screenshot without running a construction phase, which is when the efficiency is calculated.

It will replaced by the new campaign screenshot. I generated the campaign last night and did not roll well on naval shipyards - 7000 tons, 5000 tons and 2000 tons, so I will be redoing the ship designs as well.

Offline The Forbidden

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 05:11:25 AM »
Let's call it an extra early game challenge (the shipyards, not the restart).

Also are you planning to do some ground combat during this game ?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 07:49:41 AM »
Let's call it an extra early game challenge (the shipyards, not the restart).

Also are you planning to do some ground combat during this game ?

The NPRs, Precursors and Swarm all have ground forces so assuming I run into them, there should be some ground combat.

Offline The Forbidden

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 09:10:28 AM »
Nice.  I didn't even knew the swarms had soldiers to begin with so that's a nice thing to know.  Good luck then and have a nice game !

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 12:23:01 PM »
Screenshots redone. The Cerberus class ships are jump tenders that have a second role as tankers.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 03:27:16 PM »
Screenshots redone. The Cerberus class ships are jump tenders that have a second role as tankers.

And redone again :)

A couple more bugs, plus endless red dwarf stars, plus I think I may be bitten by the restart bug. Anyway, this restart had good shipyards, reasonable scientists and OK minerals so I decided to allocate tech differently and go beam-first with no missile tech as yet. Updates to follow (assuming I don't restart again).

Offline King-Salomon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 04:20:42 PM »
narf.. feeling with you  :)

Question about your "Tempest Jump Frigate":

the exact size is slightly heavier than 6000t (120.03 HS = 6001,5t - will the jump drive use the 6000t shown or the 6001t the ship is really using as the ship speed is doing?

EDIT: OK, seems it should be using the exact size as you got an error message for the design because of it... maybe the 6000t shown should be rounded up to 6002 so the player does not have to check ton-size and exact size parallel if it is nearing the limit...  ???

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 04:23:27 PM by King-Salomon »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 05:55:25 PM »
narf.. feeling with you  :)

Question about your "Tempest Jump Frigate":

the exact size is slightly heavier than 6000t (120.03 HS = 6001,5t - will the jump drive use the 6000t shown or the 6001t the ship is really using as the ship speed is doing?

EDIT: OK, seems it should be using the exact size as you got an error message for the design because of it... maybe the 6000t shown should be rounded up to 6002 so the player does not have to check ton-size and exact size parallel if it is nearing the limit...  ???

lol it was fine before the screenshot. It seems that if I set the deployment time it is dead on 120. Then if I click somewhere else and then click back, it changes to 120.03. I'll class that as a bug :)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 10:40:49 PM »
This is why test campaigns exist, so steve can save us from the frustrating new game restartitus bugs. :p
I'm liking the setting so far, but the low range of those secondary firecontrols (64k) compared to the lasers (90k) ( irks me :p
Though I see theres another turret called Twin GL10-NU with a 64k range so it makes sense to reuse the firecons of slightly less capable ships rather than waste RP for small gains at this stage.
Weird though they both have the same name but different ranges. An artifact of the restart?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline dag0net

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2019, 06:08:00 AM »
And there was me thinking they were just for my reading pleasure.   

It means that closing to 90000km a tg still has some point defence capability without having to manually configure anything and/or delve into other pd mechanisms.  In vb6 you'd be almost guaranteed to get hit by any missiles launched that close.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:10:59 AM by dag0net »
People blame god for making life worth living, in the same vein. . . "Work harder Steve!"

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2019, 12:55:23 PM »
It's not a game breaking bug, it's a war between mirror universes!

(I kid. Sorry you had to restart, but better to catch it now than later I guess!)

OMG!  A campaign where the jumps lead to all of the home worlds from all of your campaigns.  Instant all out war, the strongest survive!

Kurt

Offline King-Salomon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2019, 03:40:20 PM »
I was thinking about the starting installations again...

the player got 1 Spaceport and 1 Cargo Shuttle Station, 1 Refuelling Station, 1 Ordnance Transfer Station

As the Spaceport has the same capacities (and more, I got it now :) ) as the stations AND they don't stack - wouldn't it be better to just give him a spaceport?

If I am not wrong, the 3 stations at gamestart would be only good for "kickstart a colony" when colonizing and moving them to the new colony or am I missing something again?