Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 365502 times)

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1260 on: January 26, 2021, 04:27:46 AM »
Well... you are lucky that Aurora is so forgiving with Gravity in the first place...
That's nearly the first I do, starting new campaign: set gravity tolerance at 0.4 and max pressure at 2 atm.

I just wish that Aurora C# would get genetic engineering to work again so we can use that to make people live in more places. I also like to reduce the gravity tolerance of humans in the game... certainly makes things a bit more difficult. The genetic engineering is especially useful in game if you don't like the high tolerances the game gives us for humans.

- Your probably in luck in that Steve will likely get that working at some point, he's good like that. :)

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #1261 on: January 26, 2021, 06:18:06 AM »
Can anyone tell me why this planet is uninhabitable despite everything looking good? Gravity is at the very edge, but not outside of tolerances. I don't see why its saying gravity is too much.

Simple... 1.99 is more than the 1.9 that is max gravity for humans in the game as standard.

Thats a real kick in the sack. Thats a great planet otherwise. Probably has all the elements as well...

But I'm sure humans in Aurora can deviate from ideal gravity by .99 from 1 last time I checked.

Unless there are great mineral ressources that planet isn't very good. Terraforming will take a long time, even with it being tidal locked, because it is so huge.

Regarding tolerances I am in the other camp. I increase them because I like to colonize more planets. It is just more fun for me that way, realism be dammed. Though I would like to have genetic engineering back as well.

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #1262 on: January 26, 2021, 06:30:03 AM »
Wondering, does Defense bases that are designed to never leave a colony needs magazines (suppose you use (non-box) missile launchers)? Defense bases could load ordnances from the colony?
Actually my understanding that it still need magazines because loading ordnances from colony is not going to keep up with missile launchers that are kept firing.

---

replying to above, yea I missed genetic engineering too...  ::)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 06:33:59 AM by pwhk »

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #1263 on: January 26, 2021, 06:37:23 AM »
Yes, correct. You need magazines as loading isn't instant anymore.

The following users thanked this post: pwhk

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1264 on: January 26, 2021, 07:14:00 AM »
Is it possible to rename the TN-Minerals in the DB or are those names hard coded?

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1265 on: January 26, 2021, 07:25:48 AM »
Is it possible to rename the TN-Minerals in the DB or are those names hard coded?

- It is very possible, AuroraMod even has an interface for it! However, AuroraMod isn't going to be supported past 1.12, sadly enough. But! If you're willing to edit the DB, they are not hardcoded, and so you can do so. :) I'd check with Steve on it though, just to be sure, as breaking things isn't very good. Also, know that by doing so I'm like 99.9% sure that you'll lose the option of submitting bug reports. :(

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1266 on: January 26, 2021, 07:29:23 AM »
Yes, no bug reports on modified DB's. I didn't use the modified version of Aurora a lot - but some of the tools would be nice to see in the base game. Modified buttons... yeah, the in game buttons don't come intuitive to understand - at least some don't.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1267 on: January 26, 2021, 07:42:37 AM »
Yes, no bug reports on modified DB's. I didn't use the modified version of Aurora a lot - but some of the tools would be nice to see in the base game. Modified buttons... yeah, the in game buttons don't come intuitive to understand - at least some don't.

- The Union Jack still throws me for a loop. ;D That or the different draftboards for the design screens, but the Star Destroyer is for the Fleet Organization... yet the turret, missile and AT-AT are all design screens too. Having HAL 9000 for the Technology Screen is pretty dope though, and the Calendar & Grey Alien are pretty spot on.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1268 on: January 26, 2021, 02:23:58 PM »
Does the AI ever use Ground Fighters against you either defensively or offensively?

Wouldn't Ground Fighters be destroyed by the time you get to sieging a planet anyways since they can't 'hide' on it from your fleet?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1269 on: January 26, 2021, 02:35:35 PM »
Does the AI ever use Ground Fighters against you either defensively or offensively?

No

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1270 on: January 26, 2021, 03:45:13 PM »

No

So anti-air is useless then...

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1271 on: January 26, 2021, 03:51:49 PM »

No

Yep

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1272 on: January 26, 2021, 03:53:39 PM »

No

Against the NPR yes, if you have multiple player races then it can be necessary. Also note that if you use AA for RP purposes as many do, they do still fire in ground combat just not that efficiently.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1273 on: January 27, 2021, 12:09:14 AM »

No
Didn't know that. Does Steve know and has he any plans to activate that feature for AI?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1274 on: January 27, 2021, 12:10:56 AM »

No
Didn't know that. Does Steve know and has he any plans to activate that feature for AI?

Right now the AI doesn't even know how to use fighters and carriers at all so...ummm...  :-\