Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 365489 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #3705 on: February 03, 2024, 03:52:19 PM »
Civvies will only use stabilized jump points as well, so without it you can't use them to help you bring stuff to extrasolar colonies.

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #3706 on: February 03, 2024, 04:55:07 PM »
Thank you all of the hints!
Very helpful!

For unfriendly aliens: all the NPRs I met in my games had jump engines, so unstabilise a JP would not be effective.   :o

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3707 on: February 03, 2024, 05:01:54 PM »
For unfriendly aliens: all the NPRs I met in my games had jump engines, so unstabilise a JP would not be effective.   :o
If you blow up the jump ship(s) without stabilizing the jump point, the rest of 'em can't escape. 

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #3708 on: February 04, 2024, 09:16:41 AM »
One of my ships is in danger, because of engine and crew modules failure and low remaining MSP to repair it.
I would like to recover the crew somehow, before they die.
In a salvaging ship, I don't remember which module I need (if any) to transfer the crew from one ship to another one, and which module for keeping the salvaged people. Can I use extra crew modules or passengers/colonists ones?
Or can I transfer MSP to the damaged ship, and let the crew repair it? Again using which module to transfer the materials?
Thank you for the help!!!   :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 09:55:10 AM by paolot »

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #3709 on: February 04, 2024, 01:02:23 PM »
One of my ships is in danger, because of engine and crew modules failure and low remaining MSP to repair it.
I would like to recover the crew somehow, before they die.
In a salvaging ship, I don't remember which module I need (if any) to transfer the crew from one ship to another one, and which module for keeping the salvaged people. Can I use extra crew modules or passengers/colonists ones?
Or can I transfer MSP to the damaged ship, and let the crew repair it? Again using which module to transfer the materials?
Thank you for the help!!!   :)
you can either:
1. Select the ship in the fleet tab, and go to the Miscellaneous tab. There is an abandon ship button. Pressing that will have all the crew and officers evacuate via escape pods then destroy the ship, at which point any ship can pick up the life pods. Fastest option and ensures the crew won't die as long as you pick them up before the life pods expire in two weeks
2. A ship set as a supply ship can transfer MSP using a cargo shuttle module.

- There is no way to transfer crew between ships, aside from picking up life pods. Rescued crew can be kept in colonist modules, or having extra crew modules works too, but is less space-efficient.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 01:05:38 PM by captainwolfer »

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #3710 on: February 04, 2024, 02:21:26 PM »
Thank you, captainwolfer!
Really appreciated!   :) :) :)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3711 on: February 04, 2024, 06:24:27 PM »
Cryo Module - Emergency is the one you want on your rescue shuttle/lifeboat.

Offline Mr_yourface13

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #3712 on: February 04, 2024, 08:10:14 PM »
What does the Auto Fleet FC button on the Naval Organization page do? Trying to figure out a one-click option for auto-assigning commanders to ships without having to enable auto-assign for all ships as well.  <3

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #3713 on: February 04, 2024, 09:02:06 PM »
What does the Auto Fleet FC button on the Naval Organization page do? Trying to figure out a one-click option for auto-assigning commanders to ships without having to enable auto-assign for all ships as well.  <3
That automatically assigns fire controls for ships

I dont think there is a button that does what you want, just the normal auto-assignment that applies to all ships. Maybe marking ship designs as "No officers" or whatever?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 09:06:36 PM by captainwolfer »

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #3714 on: February 05, 2024, 01:16:27 PM »
Does make any difference to have a beam fire control of 6400km of range or 10000(or more) if we speak about PD against missiles? As far as I remember laser in PD fires in the last 10000km before the missile hits, so, is ineffective a laser that fires at 6400km?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3715 on: February 05, 2024, 01:33:52 PM »
Does make any difference to have a beam fire control of 6400km of range or 10000(or more) if we speak about PD against missiles? As far as I remember laser in PD fires in the last 10000km before the missile hits, so, is ineffective a laser that fires at 6400km?

A BFC with less than 10,000 km range will not be able to fire at 10,000 km, thus no PD fire. Additionally, the longer the BFC range is, the better the accuracy at 10,000 km will be, scaling as (10,000 km / BFC range in km). In fact, a BFC with exactly 10,000 km range should have 0% accuracy for PD fire.

As long as the weapon has at least 10,000 km range (which I think all of them do unless you're screwing around with the DB), weapon range will not affect the accuracy for PD fire, only the BFC matters. Though particularly with lasers you may want added range to deal with stand-off/laser warheads.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #3716 on: February 05, 2024, 01:48:01 PM »

A BFC with less than 10,000 km range will not be able to fire at 10,000 km, thus no PD fire. Additionally, the longer the BFC range is, the better the accuracy at 10,000 km will be, scaling as (10,000 km / BFC range in km). In fact, a BFC with exactly 10,000 km range should have 0% accuracy for PD fire.

As long as the weapon has at least 10,000 km range (which I think all of them do unless you're screwing around with the DB), weapon range will not affect the accuracy for PD fire, only the BFC matters. Though particularly with lasers you may want added range to deal with stand-off/laser warheads.

Thanks a lot NS, so for a turret laser of max 30000km designed for PD, I may want a BFC for at least 30000km to maximize chance of hit.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3717 on: February 05, 2024, 02:45:30 PM »
Thanks a lot NS, so for a turret laser of max 30000km designed for PD, I may want a BFC for at least 30000km to maximize chance of hit.

Personally, depending on your BFC tech I would go for a longer range. If you set it to 48,000 km (1x base range at the 4,000 RP tech level) you'll have about 80% accuracy (before accounting for other factors like speed, missile tracking bonus, etc.) and if you set it to 96,000 km (2x base range, or 1.5x base range at 8,000 RP) you'll get close to 90%. At some point you reach diminishing returns with the BFC in terms of cost/tonnage vs range but I think 80% to 90% is a good target.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #3718 on: February 06, 2024, 01:30:44 AM »
Is there a jump shock after a Squadron Jump?

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #3719 on: February 06, 2024, 01:38:27 AM »
Is there a jump shock after a Squadron Jump?
AIUI Yes, but less of it.