Author Topic: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 65540 times)

Offline SpecialK

• Petty Officer
  • S
Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 01:52:48 AM »
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.  Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSystem'.
Please report to hxxp: aurora2.  pentarch.  org/viewforum.  php?f=11

Hi, running 5.  55.  

This error appeared following an error with freighters.   I had them picking up mines at earth and transporting them to a nearby mining colony.   I got a little overzealous and possibly lazy, and instead of entering  a number in the repeat section I simply mashed repeat about 20 times.   This froze the entire window followed by Aurora and I was forced to close it.   It started back up fine and let me progress approximately 15 in-game days, but when the freighters arrived at the planet it would give me an error 6 overflow.   I tried a few things but got fed up and spacemaster'd into deleting the ships, completely erasing them.   Now when I try to do turns, it does this.  .  .  

EDIT: Running in administrator does NOT solve this issue.

I ran into the above problem after the program locked up solid -- I let it run for about 10 minutes and then CTRL-ALT-DEL'd it. The problem didn't repeat.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:32:52 PM by SpecialK »

Offline SpecialK

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 02:41:36 AM »
When you have a task group in orbit of an asteroid, and you issue an order for a ship with Asteroid Mining Modules to move from your shipyard to the task group, with an order of 'join', the number of mining modules listed in orbit of that asteroid (and the resulting increase in mining output) does not register until you issue an order for the entire task group to 'move' to the asteroid that it's already at.

It works fine if you tell the new ship (to be joined to the task group) to it, and then use another method to join it to the larger (eventual) task group.

Offline dotdotdot

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 02:54:27 PM »
I ran into an obnoxious but not game breaking error.       

Error in NPRPopPlanning.
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.      Field
No current record.     
Please report to hxxp: aurora2.      pentarch.      org/index.      php/board,11.      0.      html

This message appears between 2 to 2,100 times after at least five days pass.       I can just hold down enter until it disappears, but I figured I might as well point it out.       It started appearing after my computer came unplugged while the game was in the process of adding an extra NPR via the space master.       

I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit Home Premium.   Playing version 5.  60.   
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:57:04 PM by dotdotdot »

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 11:41:07 PM »
v5.  60:
Error 30009 was generated by MSFlexGrid
Invalid Row Value

On the Leaders screen. 
Sorted list of naval commanders by terraforming bonus
1 captain in the middle of a bunch of commanders and LT commanders on the list to the right. 
Clicking on said captain via the list on the right while on the LT commander(or commander) list to the left generates this error consistently. 

hxxp: img341.  imageshack.  us/img341/4673/error30009.  jpg

reading through the 5. 50 thread it looks like this is a similar error to one present there.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:14:19 AM by Nathan_ »

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 05:21:02 AM »
This may not be a bug, but...

conventional start, Low-Tech Infantry and Low-Tech Armor are not selectable units to build in the ground forces panel, and cannot be researched. Which means it's also impossible to set up the ground forces of the empires the way I wished to. I'll step back to an older version (probably prior to the overhaul of ground forces that required new types to be researched.)

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 10:15:28 AM »
In 5.60, the Economics Screen's tree view does not update, even when you click "Refresh All". The only way to get it to refresh is to close and reload the economics screen.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »
In 5.60, the Economics Screen's tree view does not update, even when you click "Refresh All". The only way to get it to refresh is to close and reload the economics screen.

Or select the race from the drop list at the top.

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 03:21:53 PM »
Or select the race from the drop list at the top.

A handy workaround, thanks!

Offline Larsaal

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 04:14:15 AM »
All of my civilian freighters decided to park over one of my colonies. .
They only move out if they can load something there and ignore all contracts and trade goods on other worlds.   I tried to clear orders more than once, no improvement.  I think had a problem like this once before but dropped that game.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 08:20:01 AM »
All of my civilian freighters decided to park over one of my colonies. .
They only move out if they can load something there and ignore all contracts and trade goods on other worlds.   I tried to clear orders more than once, no improvement.  I think had a problem like this once before but dropped that game.

This is probably a dumb question but are there jump gates on the route along which they would have to move to carry out the contracts?

Steve

Offline Larsaal

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 12:28:06 PM »
Yeah there are, everything worked fine for my little patch of galaxy, jumpgates etc.  all in place.  The colony ships still move happily around and once a freighter gets something from the on planet they choose to sit on it also does the delivery. 
They just pick up nothing from anywhere else. .

Offline georgiaboy1966

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 02:48:07 PM »
Having a problem with fleet freighters.
They are loading or unloading cargo, then in the Events report, it reports an error in load/unload and erases all orders. Even if on repeat orders it is overrides the repeat button and erases orders.

The problem with the repeat button only happens with the cargo/freighter ships. not with my military ships.
Glen

Been a player since the Beta of SA, 1993?

"Constructive criticism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Offline SpecialK

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 03:03:55 PM »
Having a problem with fleet freighters.
They are loading or unloading cargo, then in the Events report, it reports an error in load/unload and erases all orders. Even if on repeat orders it is overrides the repeat button and erases orders.

The problem with the repeat button only happens with the cargo/freighter ships. not with my military ships.
Is there enough freight, and are they cycling less often than 5 days? (If you're in a 30 day run, and your mines only produce every 5 days, and the ship only takes three days to cycle back to a place where it was picking up something, then the mines won't have produced by the time the ship gets there and tries to load. The solution is to give your ships a longer circuit. Aurora doesn't like JIT logistics.)

Offline georgiaboy1966

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 03:37:30 PM »
Is there enough freight, and are they cycling less often than 5 days? (If you're in a 30 day run, and your mines only produce every 5 days, and the ship only takes three days to cycle back to a place where it was picking up something, then the mines won't have produced by the time the ship gets there and tries to load. The solution is to give your ships a longer circuit. Aurora doesn't like JIT logistics.)

Am using 10 freighters with 10 cargo holds (500000), am transporting a research center, and have a stockpile of 100 centers to move.
the cargo fleet has enough room to carry 1 RC at a time.

am tring changing pulses and increment times now
Glen

Been a player since the Beta of SA, 1993?

"Constructive criticism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Offline SpecialK

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 05:45:31 PM »
Ok, that's way different than what I was seeing (which is apparently expected behavior) while moving minerals.