Author Topic: Overhaul question  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Geezer (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
Overhaul question
« on: May 05, 2020, 03:38:44 PM »
I deleted a ship class that still has 5 active ships of that class.  They all have an MSP of 37%, are in orbit at Sol, and I have more maintenance facilities and supplies than the size of the fleet.  However, I can't overhaul them.  Setting the Standing Orders to Overhaul with no conditions does nothing.  Is that because I deleted their ship class, or am I just forgetting how to do an overhaul?
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
Re: Overhaul question
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 05:27:05 PM »
I deleted a ship class that still has 5 active ships of that class.  They all have an MSP of 37%, are in orbit at Sol, and I have more maintenance facilities and supplies than the size of the fleet.  However, I can't overhaul them.  Setting the Standing Orders to Overhaul with no conditions does nothing.  Is that because I deleted their ship class, or am I just forgetting how to do an overhaul?
Overhaul should be a movement order, not a standing order.  Edit: I am curious as to how you set Overhaul as a standing order.  There is a conditional order for it, but I'm not certain if it is working yet.  Conditionals are still WIP last I checked.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 05:29:58 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

The following users thanked this post: Geezer

Offline Geezer (OP)

• G
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 05:41:41 PM »
Somehow I kept missing the movement order to start the overhaul?!  Found it after your reply.  Thanks!  Attached is how I was trying to make it happen with standing orders.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 05:57:40 PM »
Conditional orders only trigger if the condition they are associated with is met. If there is no condition, the order will never trigger.

The following users thanked this post: Geezer

Offline Geezer (OP)

• G
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 06:56:07 PM »
If Spike hadn't mentioned movement orders I was going to try taking all the fuel off the ships and using that condition.  Since they were parked in orbit I probably could have also tried using the max speed condition since that should work as well I would guess.