Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 70788 times)

Offline ivangorin21

• Leading Rate
  • i
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #285 on: December 20, 2020, 02:03:00 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, because I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.   I think my ship disappeared without any messages about it in the event log. 

As you can see in the image, I had GSV Astrakhan 001 go through a jump point and discover a new system, then ordered it to go to Proxima Centauri-A I.   After that I saved and closed the game.   A couple days later I open the game and see that the ship is gone, you can see that its fleet is empty.   Also, the design for the ship has disappeared from class design.   The later orders you see in the event log is me trying to order the empty fleet.   Maybe it got destroyed by an unknown enemy ship? Would I get any message then?

Edit: actually I remembered that I have a save before the jump, so I opened it and the ship is gone there too, so I guess the problem is that the ship did not save in the . db?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 02:13:16 PM by ivangorin21 »

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #286 on: December 20, 2020, 02:15:31 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, because I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.   I think my ship disappeared without any messages about it in the event log. 

As you can see in the image, I had GSV Astrakhan 001 go through a jump point and discover a new system, then ordered it to go to Proxima Centauri-A I.   After that I saved and closed the game.   A couple days later I open the game and see that the ship is gone, you can see that its fleet is empty.   Also, the design for the ship has disappeared from class design.   The later orders you see in the event log is me trying to order the empty fleet.   Maybe it got destroyed by an unknown enemy ship? Would I get any message then?

Edit: actually I remembered that I have a save before the jump, so I opened it and the ship is gone there too, so I guess the problem is that the ship did not save in the . db?

Ship destruction by enemy action would definitely show in the log. There would also be a wreck displayed on the tactical map.

Did you accidentally click the delete button with the class design selected? That would delete the ship as well.

Offline ivangorin21

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #287 on: December 20, 2020, 02:21:12 PM »
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945. msg144873#msg144873 date=1608495331
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945. msg144872#msg144872 date=1608494580
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, because I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.    I think my ship disappeared without any messages about it in the event log.   

As you can see in the image, I had GSV Astrakhan 001 go through a jump point and discover a new system, then ordered it to go to Proxima Centauri-A I.    After that I saved and closed the game.    A couple days later I open the game and see that the ship is gone, you can see that its fleet is empty.    Also, the design for the ship has disappeared from class design.    The later orders you see in the event log is me trying to order the empty fleet.    Maybe it got destroyed by an unknown enemy ship? Would I get any message then?

Edit: actually I remembered that I have a save before the jump, so I opened it and the ship is gone there too, so I guess the problem is that the ship did not save in the .  db?

Ship destruction by enemy action would definitely show in the log.  There would also be a wreck displayed on the tactical map.

Did you accidentally click the delete button with the class design selected? That would delete the ship as well.

In the save before the jump the ship is missing too, so even if I deleted the ship from class design in the latest save, it should still appear in the previous save? Or does the ship disappear when deleted from class design only after a save and restart of the game?

Offline ivangorin21

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #288 on: December 20, 2020, 02:25:57 PM »
Also, I noticed that there is a bunch of empty subfleets in civilian shipping lines.  Is this normal? Maybe they just scrapped the ships and didn't delete the subfleets.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #289 on: December 20, 2020, 02:51:03 PM »
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945. msg144873#msg144873 date=1608495331
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945. msg144872#msg144872 date=1608494580
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, because I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.    I think my ship disappeared without any messages about it in the event log.   

As you can see in the image, I had GSV Astrakhan 001 go through a jump point and discover a new system, then ordered it to go to Proxima Centauri-A I.    After that I saved and closed the game.    A couple days later I open the game and see that the ship is gone, you can see that its fleet is empty.    Also, the design for the ship has disappeared from class design.    The later orders you see in the event log is me trying to order the empty fleet.    Maybe it got destroyed by an unknown enemy ship? Would I get any message then?

Edit: actually I remembered that I have a save before the jump, so I opened it and the ship is gone there too, so I guess the problem is that the ship did not save in the .  db?

Ship destruction by enemy action would definitely show in the log.  There would also be a wreck displayed on the tactical map.

In the save before the jump the ship is missing too, so even if I deleted the ship from class design in the latest save, it should still appear in the previous save? Or does the ship disappear when deleted from class design only after a save and restart of the game?

Ship disappearing because the class design got deleted would likely cause errors (I've never done it), but the disappearing after a reload would not be a surprising effect.

Can you open up the database and look for the ship, class design, etc?

Offline ivangorin21

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #290 on: December 20, 2020, 02:55:06 PM »
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945. msg144879#msg144879 date=1608497463
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945. msg144874#msg144874 date=1608495672
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945.  msg144873#msg144873 date=1608495331
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945.  msg144872#msg144872 date=1608494580
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, because I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.     I think my ship disappeared without any messages about it in the event log.   

As you can see in the image, I had GSV Astrakhan 001 go through a jump point and discover a new system, then ordered it to go to Proxima Centauri-A I.     After that I saved and closed the game.     A couple days later I open the game and see that the ship is gone, you can see that its fleet is empty.     Also, the design for the ship has disappeared from class design.     The later orders you see in the event log is me trying to order the empty fleet.     Maybe it got destroyed by an unknown enemy ship? Would I get any message then?

Edit: actually I remembered that I have a save before the jump, so I opened it and the ship is gone there too, so I guess the problem is that the ship did not save in the .   db?

Ship destruction by enemy action would definitely show in the log.   There would also be a wreck displayed on the tactical map. 

Ship disappearing because the class design got deleted would likely cause errors (I've never done it), but the disappearing after a reload would not be a surprising effect.

Sure, can you explain how to open it? I thought there was some secret key that only a few of the moderators knew.

Offline ivangorin21

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #291 on: December 20, 2020, 02:57:36 PM »
Nevermind, I think I figured it out using DB browser

Offline ivangorin21

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #292 on: December 20, 2020, 03:35:11 PM »
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945.  msg144879#msg144879 date=1608497463
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945.  msg144874#msg144874 date=1608495672
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945.   msg144873#msg144873 date=1608495331
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945.   msg144872#msg144872 date=1608494580
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, because I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.      I think my ship disappeared without any messages about it in the event log.     

As you can see in the image, I had GSV Astrakhan 001 go through a jump point and discover a new system, then ordered it to go to Proxima Centauri-A I.      After that I saved and closed the game.      A couple days later I open the game and see that the ship is gone, you can see that its fleet is empty.      Also, the design for the ship has disappeared from class design.      The later orders you see in the event log is me trying to order the empty fleet.      Maybe it got destroyed by an unknown enemy ship? Would I get any message then?

Edit: actually I remembered that I have a save before the jump, so I opened it and the ship is gone there too, so I guess the problem is that the ship did not save in the .    db?

Ship destruction by enemy action would definitely show in the log.    There would also be a wreck displayed on the tactical map.   

I looked into the database, the ship is there with ShipID 13462, ShipClassID 10412.   But the ship class with that ID is missing.   I also checked for one of the empty civilian subfleets (Ectelion Small F7 001).   The ship is there, but its ship design is missing.  Do you know if there is a way to see deleted classes or events like "class deleted"? Also, since almost all of the civilian classes are missing too, I don't think I could accidentally delete them all.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 03:37:25 PM by ivangorin21 »

Offline Potat999

• Chief Petty Officer
  • P
« Reply #293 on: December 20, 2020, 03:44:19 PM »
I'm playing a game with two player races, which have neutral but overall positive relations (~500) and a trade agreement.

I just finished researching Microwave Focusing 5 with Race #1. 
Race#2 received Microwave Focusing Technology 1 from Race #1.

These two races do not have a research data agreement.  It shows as "Not Available" on both races. 

Is this an intended feature - ideas slowly spreading between friendly races via trade?  Or just a bug that should not have happened without research data sharing?

Someone else who knows better can chime in, but I remember as far back as VB6 there was a mechanic for which races that were far behind in the tech tree could passively receive outdated techs from other races just by being generally aware of each other. The case I remember is a player-created race spawned in the middle of the game received low-tier armor tech from another player race that had a higher level of armor tech. I don't know the detailed mechanics but it sounds like this is what happened.
Races/factions that share a planet will "bleed" non-cutting edge tech to each other.

I guess that's probably it, thanks. In retrospect I think this started occurring after one dropped some AMs on an asteroid where the other had a CMC. 

I was thrown off by the message stating "xyz tech was provided to us by Faction" which didn't sound like passive bleed.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #294 on: December 20, 2020, 09:28:03 PM »
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945.  msg144879#msg144879 date=1608497463
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945.  msg144874#msg144874 date=1608495672
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945.   msg144873#msg144873 date=1608495331
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945.   msg144872#msg144872 date=1608494580
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, because I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.      I think my ship disappeared without any messages about it in the event log.     

As you can see in the image, I had GSV Astrakhan 001 go through a jump point and discover a new system, then ordered it to go to Proxima Centauri-A I.      After that I saved and closed the game.      A couple days later I open the game and see that the ship is gone, you can see that its fleet is empty.      Also, the design for the ship has disappeared from class design.      The later orders you see in the event log is me trying to order the empty fleet.      Maybe it got destroyed by an unknown enemy ship? Would I get any message then?

Edit: actually I remembered that I have a save before the jump, so I opened it and the ship is gone there too, so I guess the problem is that the ship did not save in the .    db?

Ship destruction by enemy action would definitely show in the log.    There would also be a wreck displayed on the tactical map.   

I looked into the database, the ship is there with ShipID 13462, ShipClassID 10412.   But the ship class with that ID is missing.   I also checked for one of the empty civilian subfleets (Ectelion Small F7 001).   The ship is there, but its ship design is missing.  Do you know if there is a way to see deleted classes or events like "class deleted"? Also, since almost all of the civilian classes are missing too, I don't think I could accidentally delete them all.

I don't think that is logged. But you can see the entire event log in the GameLog table.

This is very strange.Have you had any error messages during the game, either before or after this happened?

The following users thanked this post: ivangorin21

Offline ivangorin21

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #295 on: December 21, 2020, 01:22:49 PM »
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945. msg144893#msg144893 date=1608521283
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945. msg144883#msg144883 date=1608500111
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945.   msg144879#msg144879 date=1608497463
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945.   msg144874#msg144874 date=1608495672
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945.    msg144873#msg144873 date=1608495331
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945.    msg144872#msg144872 date=1608494580
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, because I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.       I think my ship disappeared without any messages about it in the event log.     

As you can see in the image, I had GSV Astrakhan 001 go through a jump point and discover a new system, then ordered it to go to Proxima Centauri-A I.       After that I saved and closed the game.       A couple days later I open the game and see that the ship is gone, you can see that its fleet is empty.       Also, the design for the ship has disappeared from class design.       The later orders you see in the event log is me trying to order the empty fleet.       Maybe it got destroyed by an unknown enemy ship? Would I get any message then?

Edit: actually I remembered that I have a save before the jump, so I opened it and the ship is gone there too, so I guess the problem is that the ship did not save in the .     db?

Ship destruction by enemy action would definitely show in the log.     There would also be a wreck displayed on the tactical map.   

I looked into the database, the ship is there with ShipID 13462, ShipClassID 10412.    But the ship class with that ID is missing.    I also checked for one of the empty civilian subfleets (Ectelion Small F7 001).    The ship is there, but its ship design is missing.   Do you know if there is a way to see deleted classes or events like "class deleted"? Also, since almost all of the civilian classes are missing too, I don't think I could accidentally delete them all.

I don't think that is logged.  But you can see the entire event log in the GameLog table.

This is very strange. Have you had any error messages during the game, either before or after this happened?

I think there was a warning when I was saving, but it saved successfully.  I don’t remember what it was exactly, is there a log or warnings/errors?

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #296 on: December 21, 2020, 01:29:55 PM »
I think there was a warning when I was saving, but it saved successfully.  I don’t remember what it was exactly, is there a log or warnings/errors?

I don't think errors are logged anywhere.

If there was an error message while saving, that was probably related to whatever weirdness deleted all these ship classes.

Does the game give an error if you try to save again?

Offline n01487477

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • n
« Reply #297 on: December 21, 2020, 08:04:19 PM »
Quote from: Kev link=topic=11945. msg141517#msg141517 date=1602565883
Hi, everybody! New adept here. 
Decided to finally try Aurora after 1.  12 came out. 

But I've stumbled on some issues almost immediately.   I use system-wide font scaling because i can't see anything on 4k screen otherwise.   For Aurora I've set system scaling override so it looks sharp.   But some windows (Class Design and Game Information) don't scale properly - some controls go out of "client" area of form.   I've attached two screenshots. 
It should be an easy fix (I'm c# dev myself).   So i hope it will be fixed.   I really like the idea of this game. 

Thanks.   Apologies for bad English. 

Working as intended, not a bug.  -Garfunkel
Hi - I'm having the same problem and no matter what I do to the font scaling I can't get the information within these 2 windows.   Win10 OS with 2 monitor setup (2560x1440 & 1920x1080) & scaling set to the lowest 100%.  Custom scaling didn't seem to anything.  Nor did changing DPI settings in a shortcut to the EXE. 

If it is WAI - then can someone please point me in the general direction of a fix.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #298 on: December 21, 2020, 08:10:42 PM »
Quote from: Kev link=topic=11945. msg141517#msg141517 date=1602565883
Hi, everybody! New adept here. 
Decided to finally try Aurora after 1.  12 came out. 

But I've stumbled on some issues almost immediately.   I use system-wide font scaling because i can't see anything on 4k screen otherwise.   For Aurora I've set system scaling override so it looks sharp.   But some windows (Class Design and Game Information) don't scale properly - some controls go out of "client" area of form.   I've attached two screenshots. 
It should be an easy fix (I'm c# dev myself).   So i hope it will be fixed.   I really like the idea of this game. 

Thanks.   Apologies for bad English. 

Working as intended, not a bug.  -Garfunkel
Hi - I'm having the same problem and no matter what I do to the font scaling I can't get the information within these 2 windows.   Win10 OS with 2 monitor setup (2560x1440 & 1920x1080) & scaling set to the lowest 100%.  Custom scaling didn't seem to anything.  Nor did changing DPI settings in a shortcut to the EXE. 

If it is WAI - then can someone please point me in the general direction of a fix.

As stated in the quoted post it is WAI. A possible fix would be to use AuroraMod which may or may not be able to address this.

Offline ivangorin21

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #299 on: December 22, 2020, 12:48:14 AM »
Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth link=topic=11945. msg144947#msg144947 date=1608578995
Quote from: ivangorin21 link=topic=11945. msg144945#msg144945 date=1608578569
I think there was a warning when I was saving, but it saved successfully.   I don’t remember what it was exactly, is there a log or warnings/errors?

I don't think errors are logged anywhere.

If there was an error message while saving, that was probably related to whatever weirdness deleted all these ship classes.

Does the game give an error if you try to save again?

No, saves without warnings/errors now