Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 70787 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #315 on: December 25, 2020, 11:23:09 AM »
I don't follow how that makes it impossible. The infrastructure comes free doesn't it?
I think he means Orbital Habitat Only = Impossible, which is true.

Oh I thought he meant it as in the colony is unviable, that makes more sense.

Offline ivangorin21

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #316 on: December 25, 2020, 11:50:31 AM »
In a game with Rakhas disabled they still generate for a period of time, long enough to destroy a ship.

My exploration ship got destroyed by ground based defences and I decided to check the database. There is a Rakha race generated with a population on that planet and ground units stationed there. Rakhas were turned off from the very creation of the game.
GameID: 38
RaceID: 220
PopulationID: 5602
Ground Formation IDs: 5313 - 5321

After a 5 second skip and save the population is removed and the formations remain with no PopulationID assigned. I don't think they can be detected on the planet after that. The race is not removed, but I guess its dead without any populations.

Here is the link to the db right after ship destruction, when the population is still there: https://gofile.io/d/BOxJOQ

Edit: I continued exploring and noticed another 2 Rakha races generating in two new systems.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 01:50:47 PM by ivangorin21 »

Offline Tikhun

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #317 on: December 25, 2020, 01:20:28 PM »
I have found two bugs related to the new Death Spiral cataclysm.   Both happen once Earth is destroyed by tidal stress.   

1) Luna stays in orbit around empty space where Earth used to be, gets very low temperature (-269C) even though it is very close to the sun, and doesn't seem to move on the orbit.   I removed it in SM mode soon after that, so there might be other consequences for the game flow.   

2) All comanders who were graduated from Earth academy, are unavailable in Commanders tab and throw an error "1.  12 Function #384 Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when attempting to choose them in Commanders tab; they are impossible to assign to any position, and left-most part of their dossier is not shown.   

Start is conventional
Known stars
Dot decimal separator
The campaign is 100 years in.   

SJW: Both fixed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:11:44 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: db48x, StarshipCactus

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #318 on: December 25, 2020, 01:56:00 PM »
2) All comanders who were graduated from Earth academy, are unavailable in Commanders tab and throw an error "1.  12 Function #384 Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when attempting to choose them in Commanders tab; they are impossible to assign to any position, and left-most part of their dossier is not shown.

I get that too whenever I delete the Earth colony of an empire, for any commander that has Earth as it's homeworld or academy.

SJW: Fixed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:13:25 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline papent

• Lieutenant
  • Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder
« Reply #319 on: December 25, 2020, 02:10:17 PM »

Previously reported on versions 1.9.4 & 1.9.3
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11231.msg130424#msg130424

The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Naval Org. Ship overview on Supply ship
What you were doing at the time: Setting ships to Auto Resupply closing windows moving forward time or saving, exit, and then reload game. it reverts.
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? decimal
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy

Supply ship "resupply own fleet" setting reverting to "no auto resupply".

Possible solution: have supply ships, Tankers, And Coilers work like carriers where it defaults to automatic supply, refuel, and replace armaments.
In my humble opinion anything that could be considered a balance issue is a moot point unless the AI utilize it against you because otherwise it's an exploit you willing choose to use to game the system. 
Rule 0 Is effect : "The SM is always right/ What SM Says Goes."

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #320 on: December 26, 2020, 04:27:10 PM »
Version 1.12 - Vanilla tech only

This might not be the correct thread but are there plans to fix naval mines / blind fired active missiles for 1.13?

What is the problem with them? I haven't used them in any of my C# campaigns.

I just did my own test, I threw together a test with active sensor missiles.

The missile ship was to attack a group of freighters without using its own active sensor. Since I cannot target the thermal contacts directly I elected to use a named waypoint and fired the missiles at with that waypoint as the target. The missiles can see 2m km with RES 100. The freighters were HS 500.

The missiles reached the waypoint ahead of time and waited there for a while. Two things happened which I think are suspect:
1 - Despite standing still at the waypoint, the missiles expire after a while - seems like they still consume fuel when stationary (might be WAI for missiles but is a problem for naval mines)
2 - When the freighters entered the sensor range of the missiles, the contact information was updated confirming that the missiles detected their targets. However they did not attempt to intercept. (again might be WAI for guided missiles but massive issue for any naval mine that will almost certainly be dropped at some sort of waypoint)

Ill continue testing with the ships actives and try to make the missiles "lose" their target mid flight and see what happens

UPDATE: I can confirm that in this second test everything went fine missiles lost contact but kept flying to last known location. Not only did they successfully reacquire their target, once it was destroyed they moved on to the next until there were no salvos left. Some missiles stopped after the first target went down but immediately fired back up when the freighters entered active range.
Note: Its worth noting that the salvos did not all arrive at the same time. Ill test this next.

I just confirmed that active missiles DO NOT prevent overkill like they used to if all the salvos arrive at the same time. Although the combat summary only reported 8 hits I had 40 nuclear impacts register. 4 out of 5 salvos were wasted despite them having active sensors to seek something else. (maybe this is WAI?)

However there were 2 salvos trailing behind the target - These salvos DID re-target something else. So the corollary is that when using active sensor missiles - stagger your launches.
IMO this makes active sensor missiles useless against anything that has a modicum of gauss PD.

Naval mines seem to stay put if you use "launch ready ordnance" and don't target a waypoint with them. The problem I have found regarding naval mines is that when an enemy fleet enters their sensor range they seek like they are supposed to. But the fact that all "salvos" of mines arrive at the same time means that they can at most destroy one ship as they tend to target the same vessel. This is the same problem that active missiles have.

The above post details my experimentation with naval mines/missiles and I've concluded that they are unuseable in their current state.

Even if they have re-targeting capability missiles/naval mines do not avoid overkill situations IF the salvos all arrive during the same time increment. This means that active missiles can only be used if their launches are staggered - making them useless/incredibly weak against PD. Naval mines also suffer from this problem, allowing a single enemy ship to soak the entire minefield regardless of how much overkill there is.

Attached is my DB file - you want to look at the game called "test" and not the one with the hegemony. Its a basic test rig, use SM to design your own naval mines but the active missiles I used are there already. Action happens at mars where the "Americas" have some missile ships with "Asia" having a bunch of blind freighters on their way to mars.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 04:35:56 PM by Droll »

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #321 on: December 27, 2020, 11:12:47 AM »
Bug in 1.12.0

When designing a BFC and you pick the 1.25x range & 1.25x size option you end up with a .25x range and .25x size BFC. 

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #322 on: December 27, 2020, 11:15:06 AM »
Bug in 1.12.0

When designing a BFC and you pick the 1.25x range & 1.25x size option you end up with a .25x range and .25x size BFC.

This has been fixed for 1.13

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2020, 10:58:50 AM »
The "Range Bands" field on the class design display accepts the return key/new line characters as input. If you accidentally enter one and then try to modify the design or open a different class design, you'll now constantly get the error "1.12.0 Function #237: Input string was not in a correct format."

Depending on where it's put, the user may not know that this is the problem. The range band by default has a value of "10000" I had clicked into the range band field and entered 40000, but thinking I needed to confirm it I hit return with the cursor just after the 4, which changed the displayed value in the field to "0000." I entered 4 again and clicked out, with range bands now showing "40000," but constantly getting the above error no matter where I tried to navigate. I had to go back into the Range Bands field, and delete back to the beginning to clear the newline character out; the field accepts multi-line inputs but only ever displays a single line, so the user can't tell by looking that the new line is the problem if they hit enter a few times.

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #324 on: January 02, 2021, 04:07:04 PM »
Some more bugs...:

The function number: #2123
The complete error text: The sequence contains no elements (roughly translated)
The window affected: Ground forces window, order of battle tab.
What you were doing at the time: I conquered a planet of an NPR (Sjofn A2). They had a garrison on the planet, but nothing else. I had dumped 200 Infrastructure on the planet years earlier, but those were conquered by the aliens and were still there. Otherwise the alien colony is completely empty. On all relevant windows, I have 2 colonies on Sjofn A2 (both named Sjofn A2), 1 colony where I dropped my invasion troops and one that was conquered by the aliens. My colony is also empty, except for invasion troops. Other weird things that are going on are, that unrest is rising in the alien colony, even though no one lives there.
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: dot
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: always reproducible
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: nope

Steps to reproduce:
  • Load the attached DB. Open the Ground forces window, OOB tab.
  • There are 2 Sjofn A2 colonies. Select the one without ground forces (green text).
DB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1naOBYHPgHU0-NeiUnGL5AtjrI_tA55Va/view?usp=sharing

Offline Cosinus

• C
« Reply #325 on: January 02, 2021, 04:10:18 PM »
Scrapped carriers destroy their parasites:

The window affected: Economics window/Shipyards tab
What you were doing at the time: See steps to reproduce
Conventional or TN start: doesn't matter
Random or Real Stars: doesn't matter
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: always reproducible
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: doesn't matter

Steps to reproduce:
  • Open a new TN game. SM research hangar decks, some other tech, design a fighter and a carrier. Research Shipbuilding speed 9000 to get things done faster.
  • Instant build a carrier with some fighters. Land the fighters on the carrier.
  • Scrap the carrier at a shipyard and advance time.
  • The fighters will explode as if the carrier was destroyed by enemy fire. Crew on the fighters will perish.
Expected behaviour: Fuel, Ordnance and crew are recovered when a ship is scrapped. It seems unreasonable that the shipyard workers would just kill any fighter crews in the carrier. Parasites should be ejected into their own fleet just before the ship is finally scrapped.

SJW: Fixed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:24:44 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Cosinus

• C
« Reply #326 on: January 02, 2021, 04:17:04 PM »
You can obsolete basic components like Engineering spaces, Crew quarters and the Bridge. Engineering spaces, bridges, crew quarters, Hangar bays, etc. are never replaced by newer tech and thus should never be obsolete. This also leads to a lot of confusion among newer players, who accidentally do this and don't find a way to switch it back (see reddit.com/kn6wff/ which caused this investigation).

The window affected: Class design
What you were doing at the time: See steps to reproduce
Conventional or TN start: doesn't matter
Random or Real Stars: doesn't matter
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: doesn't matter

Steps to reproduce:
  • Go into the class design window. Select "Bridge".
  • Hit "Obso Comp". Bridge is now hidden until you show obsolete components or de-obsolete it.

Expected behaviour: When designing ships, clicking the "Obso comp" while an evergreen component is selected should either:
  • Do nothing (least preferred)
  • Show and error message that tells you you can't obsolete the bridge (meh)
  • Be disabled and not clickable when selecting components like the bridge (strongly preferred).

SJW: The Obso Comp button is now only displayed for race tech, not for basic components
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:30:34 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #327 on: January 02, 2021, 10:41:11 PM »
Minor bug/ gripe.

When you capture a NPR ship or a ship from another empire the design is unlocked. This means you can add whatever you want to it without SM. Captured designs should be locked.

SJW: Fixed
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:38:52 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #328 on: January 03, 2021, 03:23:11 AM »
Possible deployment time bug and survivors.

I have a  build a cruiser fleet with two cruisers, which carry one rescue craft with 2000 cryo crew berth each. They rescued 138 and 233 survivors respectively and landed back on their assigned ships. Now one of the Cls appears to have insufficient crew accommodation.

SJW: When parasites land on a carrier, any survivors are transferred to the mothership.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:43:51 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline tobijon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
« Reply #329 on: January 05, 2021, 03:24:22 AM »
When trying to change the order in which components are repaired after combat I got an error message: 1.12.0 Function #991: unable to cast object of type 'fr' to type 'ay'.