Author Topic: Ruined Settlements and Alien Installations  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Roblakov (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • R
Ruined Settlements and Alien Installations
« on: April 22, 2020, 01:22:54 PM »
Another question for the magnanimous Aurora following. I found a planet with both a ruined settlement and an alien installation (defense 70%). I don't really know how to interact with these items. I've got troops on the planet which include Xenoarcheology units. How do I get them to investigate the ruins?

And what do I do with an alien installation? I haven't found information googling...

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Ruined Settlements and Alien Installations
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 01:34:12 PM »
Xenoarchaeology units study the ruins for some time automatically until they identify them. Then the number of facilities will be shown. Those can be restored with engineers units.

As for the anomaly, if you have research labs on planet that work on project that match the anomaly, you get the bonus. In your case that is Defense field technologies.

The following users thanked this post: alex842, Roblakov

Offline Roblakov (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 01:46:10 PM »
Xenoarchaeology units study the ruins for some time automatically until they identify them. Then the number of facilities will be shown. Those can be restored with engineers units.

As for the anomaly, if you have research labs on planet that work on project that match the anomaly, you get the bonus. In your case that is Defense field technologies.

Thank you for the information! So a unit on the planet with Xeno capabilities will begin automatically studying the ruins? Any idea how long that takes? I have had the unit there for a while and haven't seen any changes anywhere.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 01:51:42 PM »
Steve explained it in one of his post during development:

The annual chance for a race to successfully translate the alien language and symbology is equal to the xenoarchaeology points on the planet. For example, a Xenoarchaeology Vehicle is created with 2 components, giving it 1 xenoarchaeology point (cost about 9 BP). If a formation has forty such vehicles, the annual chance would be 40%. The chance in any given construction phase is equal to the annual chance * (construction phase length / year).

The following users thanked this post: Roblakov

Offline Roblakov (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 02:19:41 PM »

The annual chance for a race to successfully translate the alien language and symbology is equal to the xenoarchaeology points on the planet. For example, a Xenoarchaeology Vehicle is created with 2 components, giving it 1 xenoarchaeology point (cost about 9 BP). If a formation has forty such vehicles, the annual chance would be 40%. The chance in any given construction phase is equal to the annual chance * (construction phase length / year).

That is very helpful to know!

Any idea what this cutoff message is telling me?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 02:28:49 PM »
It informs you, that the ruins are not explored yet and that you need xenoarcheology team to do it, or something like that. I have the message cut off as well.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 02:29:08 PM »

That is very helpful to know!

Any idea what this cutoff message is telling me?

It's telling you the xeno team is not done yet. Once it is complete you will have a race and TL shown. Like "Crimson Empire - TL3"

The following users thanked this post: alex842, Roblakov