Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 85468 times)

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2011, 08:59:57 AM »
soemthing else ive noticed in 5. 52 ive constructed an asteroid miner moved it out to an asteroid have engines, cargo containers etc.   Has been geo surveyed. . . . .  no option in the orders or fallback orders menu to actually mine the asteroid wondering if this is a bug or a failed/yet to be implemented part of the game
You do not need to do anything for it to start mining.  Just like the terraformer modules if the ship has moved to the colony and is in orbit any modules will be counted in the colonies industry.  Take a look at the mining tab and you will see the asteroid miners contribution there.

Brian

Offline Tssha

• Petty Officer
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2011, 02:40:16 PM »
Quote from: ollobrains link=topic=3895. msg38428#msg38428 date=1313580768
soemthing else ive noticed in 5.  52 ive constructed an asteroid miner moved it out to an asteroid have engines, cargo containers etc.    Has been geo surveyed.  .  .  .  .   no option in the orders or fallback orders menu to actually mine the asteroid wondering if this is a bug or a failed/yet to be implemented part of the game
All you need to start asteroid mining is mining modules and a colony on the asteroid.   After all, the minerals have to go somewhere.

Cargo bays on asteroid miners aren't the default destination for minerals mined by an asteroid miner.   They go right to the surface, which is why you need a colony, because that's where the mining operation is calculated by the game and where the outputs are subsequently stored.   You can load them into the asteroid miner by ordering it to pick up minerals, but I usually prefer to land a mass driver and ship them back that way.   That way, my hungry industry gets the minerals right away.   Of course, transports can work too.   Any of these methods will do.

Offline Klapaucius87

• Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2011, 03:52:52 PM »
Quote from: Tssha link=topic=3895. msg38448#msg38448 date=1313610016
All you need to start asteroid mining is mining modules and a colony on the asteroid.    After all, the minerals have to go somewhere. 

Cargo bays on asteroid miners aren't the default destination for minerals mined by an asteroid miner.    They go right to the surface, which is why you need a colony, because that's where the mining operation is calculated by the game and where the outputs are subsequently stored.    You can load them into the asteroid miner by ordering it to pick up minerals, but I usually prefer to land a mass driver and ship them back that way.    That way, my hungry industry gets the minerals right away.    Of course, transports can work too.    Any of these methods will do. 

In the old version u had to have the colony there before the arrival of the mining ships, else they don't start mine.  If that happen simple move the ships away and back again and they should start .

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »
Ok thanks for clearing that up game has a bit of a learning curve to it.   Maybe at some point some tooltips or better UI or explanation for new players could be incorparated into the game world

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »
Ok thanks for clearing that up game has a bit of a learning curve to it.   Maybe at some point some tooltips or better UI or explanation for new players could be incorparated into the game world

The learning curve on this game is a brick wall ;)

That's why we all ask questions here and get answers.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2011, 08:07:34 PM »
Populate shipyard tasks error ( little bit above the error message im guessing the error spot in the databas)
error 94 generated by aurora
Invalid use of null please report to forum yadda yadda

5.    52 version

What i was doing is clicking on mars which has a colony but no population - one orbital platform doing terraforming also a gas solium harvester is with the fleet this is opening mars from the industry tab this also does it with earth

Not sure if this helps ill try and put population on the planet and see if that clears it

Quick edit does it on every turn after ( opening up industry) ill try to mvoe terra former off planet to see if it continues ( 30 days and 1 day as well as 1 hour) - moving the terraformer off mars removes the error but only for some turns.     Not sure i can be any more specific than that or if it is a known bug i gues a fix for 5.   53

Second thoughts it seems id built a ship that contained jump hole scanners and then cyro transporters on the same ship is this a known issue ( ship vanished after building finished and error messages stopped)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:44:41 PM by ollobrains »

Offline Echo35

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2011, 08:57:23 PM »
Error 6:

Overflow

Every time I try to modify orders for my Jump Exploration Fleet in the Task Groups window.  This fleet has one jump ship and 3 cruisers in it, in case that matters.  Quitting and restarting the game does nothing.
". . . and that is why Sir Issac Newton is the deadliest son of a b*#ch in space!"

Offline Tjolme

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2011, 04:28:53 AM »
I'm getting an error in a class II black hole system, whenever I zoom in far enough for the moons to start appearing.    It throws up the error message, clicking okay then draws one moon onto the system map and the error message pops up again for the next moon.    Have to repeat this quite a lot as there are over 200 moons in the system.    It doesn't affect the planets or asteroids, and if it's relevant the it's a binary system with two 'stars' Class II Black Hole A and B.    Some of the moons in system don't appear to have orbital paths around their planet, these appear to be the ones throwing up the errors.

The error message is:

Error in DisplaySystemBodies

Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or arguement
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:31:25 AM by Tjolme »

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2011, 06:21:30 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Colony on mars  - 2 million i have terra forming active.   Order cilivan production from earth to produce one terrraforming uni, mars was demanding one.   Civilian lines did the delivery but it has vanished into thin air not showing as an active terraforming module after that.

My terra forming ship is off doing its thing on the venus colony so im trying to setup a mars based terraforming planetside system by ordering from cilivian ( mass drivers, financial sectors all turn from cilivan earth to mars and show up but not the terraforming one) anyway something to look at

Offline Thibaut

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2011, 07:08:20 AM »
terraforming installations are moved in parts are they are too big for common cargos (i think it takes at least 100K space ?) look at the summary for mars if you don't have fractional in the number of terraforming installations

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2011, 02:40:20 PM »
checked that the convoys moved at lest 3 terraforming installations now but what im saying is they get delivered but they dont actually show up on the industry screen after that they get delivered and then poof vanish.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2011, 01:07:30 AM »
Error 6:

Overflow

Every time I try to modify orders for my Jump Exploration Fleet in the Task Groups window.  This fleet has one jump ship and 3 cruisers in it, in case that matters.  Quitting and restarting the game does nothing.

Check "SPEED",sometimes if your speed are low or 1,error be coming.

Otherwise u need DELETE every single ship.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2011, 06:16:02 AM »
ive got an strange (first time) bug : "Starswarm production" bug..

Same as "overflow" never gonna when click 1000000time..must reboot PC,entirely.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2011, 08:49:52 AM »
When i change the colonisation status of a planet it change back to dafult when i close the screen. 
It happen even if i change it, select another planet and get back to the first.

Small populations (under 10 million) cannot be a source of colonists, though you should be able to set any size population to neither source nor destination.

Offline Klapaucius87

• Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2011, 02:14:49 PM »
Small populations (under 10 million) cannot be a source of colonists, though you should be able to set any size population to neither source nor destination.

Can't change any planet: not earth with 1400m ppl, not mars with 240m, not venus with 1,5 m.
Whenever i change it it simple switch back to default once i change screen.