Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 85473 times)

Offline deoved

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • d
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2011, 04:16:47 PM »
Capturing a spawned robotic colony will hand control of a large number of precursor vessels.  I could imagine that this is essentially finding a subspace control module that granted ship control, but somehow I doubt its working as intended.  Most of these ships are being obliterated, but at least this one honking anti-missile missile base they gave me won't be defending the offensive missile base it co-orbits with.

Seconded. I have this too by only capturing robotic listening post. But... solved it by transfering those ships back to Precursors

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #211 on: September 02, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »
Okay, step by step guide for how I fudged the game.

1. Click create new class button or whatever it was called to design a new ship
2.Try to add components
3. select any component
4. The description window says Text1 and nothing else
5. Try to add any amount of said component
6. Get errors previously mentioned

And i'll have to check my locale settings, actually. Quite unsure as to what they currently are.

Actually, I tried to quickly change my location setting to US incase that would help but no dice. And I checked the decimal separator and it's a . and not a ,

EDIT: Wait just a gosh darned minute. Apparently Alt N fixed it. Who knew? (Sloshmonger obviously)

From the screenshots, it appeared that you were adding a component to a non-existant ship.

It still might be a bug that pressing the New button doesn't actually create a new class.

Offline user-unknown

« Reply #212 on: September 02, 2011, 05:51:29 PM »
Capturing a spawned robotic colony will hand control of a large number of precursor vessels.  I could imagine that this is essentially finding a subspace control module that granted ship control, but somehow I doubt its working as intended.  Most of these ships are being obliterated, but at least this one honking anti-missile missile base they gave me won't be defending the offensive missile base it co-orbits with.

I think I had the same thing - landed troops and engaged in combat with a precursor ground unit thing.  When the colony was captured, I was now the proud owner of two Troop Transport type ships each with 7 marine companies loaded into drop pods.  Not complaining though as the scientists back at Earth found their subsystems extremely interesting...

Offline Thibaut

• T
« Reply #213 on: September 03, 2011, 02:53:04 AM »
Capturing a spawned robotic colony will hand control of a large number of precursor vessels.  I could imagine that this is essentially finding a subspace control module that granted ship control, but somehow I doubt its working as intended.  Most of these ships are being obliterated, but at least this one honking anti-missile missile base they gave me won't be defending the offensive missile base it co-orbits with.

see http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,4040.0.html

In my case, i recaptured a colony that I lost to them

Offline Waffles

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #214 on: September 03, 2011, 05:20:36 AM »
I get an error simply by advancing the time by any increment. It doesn't always happen, but somehow I think this is a bad thign to happen regardless.

Error in GetCommanderName
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid us of Null

No idea what causes this, though I use Elemental as my main Empire Theme and Alien #1, I think, as my commander theme

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #215 on: September 03, 2011, 05:33:20 AM »
At the ship design screen, when you check the commercial only box you won't see the Maint Storage Bay. But if you add it (when the box is unchecked) it won't make your ship a military design,

EDIT: another bug:
I ordered one of my ship to enter an unexplored JP. I first got a error (division by zero) and than I discovered TWO systems at once. The first one (Temple Cloud) was normal, and my ship was in there. The other one (Temple Dinsley) didn't had a ship or an JP in it had 4 stars. B and C were orbiting A. And D was at the SAME spot as A.
Also: on the galactic map they are on the same spot and when I move one, the other one also moves.

wuuuut?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 06:47:41 AM by Dutchling »

Offline MattyD

« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2011, 07:13:07 AM »
Available Colony Analysis Screen

Population totals for human are given for genetically modified populations.

On 'Conversion' I have 0.34m Humans and 2.4m Icemen, the Human figure is retained when I change the species on the environmental dropdown.
My Newbie AAR

Offline Waffles

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2011, 09:52:43 AM »
Every now and then all the advance time buttons spazz out. The 5 Days button starts working as a 5 Sec button and the 30 Days button only does 30 Sec. I tried to click the 5 Seconds button incase they switched order out of nowhere but such was not the case. I tried to close the game, wait a bit and then restart it but no dice.

Offline deoved

• d
« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2011, 09:54:28 AM »
Every now and then all the advance time buttons spazz out. The 5 Days button starts working as a 5 Sec button and the 30 Days button only does 30 Sec. I tried to click the 5 Seconds button incase they switched order out of nowhere but such was not the case. I tried to close the game, wait a bit and then restart it but no dice.

Maybe it is NPR interruptions?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2011, 10:54:26 AM »

Check the event log under SM mode.

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2011, 02:41:17 PM »
Hi. I found this error infinitely looping:

Error in SwarmColonyProduction

Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
<something in Polish>

If i close Aurora i get this also infinitely looping:

Error in UpdateGameLog

Error 3420 was generated by DAO.Database
<something in Polish>

If i terminate process i am able to start game again, time is set some hours + and i can play normally till i click long turn - like 5 days. Then again :/

I don't have save file for some 2 days so shame :(
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:07:25 PM by orfeusz »
Only in Death does Duty End

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »
Uh oh, sounds to me like the swarm have a problem, and the problem is hitting at that particular cycle.   Since its swarm production, its not your fault.

Is this a case where it might be prudent to delete the offendending race?  Perhaps a pro will be able to open your database and fix it for you...

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »
Hi. I found this error infinitely looping:

Error in SwarmColonyProduction

Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
<something in Polish>

If i close Aurora i get this also infinitely looping:

Error in UpdateGameLog

Error 3420 was generated by DAO.Database
<something in Polish>

If i terminate process i am able to start game again, time is set some hours + and i can play normally till i click long turn - like 5 days. Then again :/

I don't have save file for some 2 days so shame :(

I think I have found the problem but it will require a DB fix :(. I may get away with some form of DB update option as it is fairly minor. I'll see what else is required for the next version before I decide one way or the other.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2011, 03:26:55 PM »
Uh oh, sounds to me like the swarm have a problem, and the problem is hitting at that particular cycle.   Since its swarm production, its not your fault.

Is this a case where it might be prudent to delete the offendending race?  Perhaps a pro will be able to open your database and fix it for you...

Absolutely don't delete one of the special NPRs or you will destroy your game. This is one of the main reasons I don't publish the database and designer mode passwords :)

In fact, someone on another forum has offered to give out the designer mode password to anyone who wants it so I will have to change that for the next edition and I will have to be a lot more careful about giving it out in future :(

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »
At the ship design screen, when you check the commercial only box you won't see the Maint Storage Bay. But if you add it (when the box is unchecked) it won't make your ship a military design,

It should be a military design. Fixed for the next version.

EDIT: another bug:
I ordered one of my ships to enter an unexplored JP. I first got a error (division by zero) and than I discovered TWO systems at once. The first one (Temple Cloud) was normal, and my ship was in there. The other one (Temple Dinsley) didn't had a ship or an JP in it had 4 stars. B and C were orbiting A. And D was at the SAME spot as A.
Also: on the galactic map they are on the same spot and when I move one, the other one also moves.

wuuuut?

That sounds extremely weird. Given the number of jumps points explored by players over the years it must be an extremely rare problem for it to have not appeared previously. Have you modified the database in any way or changed anything in designer mode?

Steve