Author Topic: Enforcing borders with NPR  (Read 3532 times)

Offline xeryon

• Captain
Re: Enforcing borders with NPR
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 03:33:51 PM »
I too, like this idea.  We should call it the projection of off-world power update, or POOP for short.

There are so many ways this could be calculated but the biggest hurdle seems like it would be the AI routine for the diplomacy score alteration avoidance.  Basically, how and when an alien power would decide to ignore an established border and it's decisions on how to proceed if it was covertly breaking that border and was discovered.   

Is there a features thread for version 6.x+ or is it just the bug thread?  The original 5.7 requested features thread is stupendously long so I would be loathe to place such an excellent bud of an idea in that thread only to be quickly lost in the horde of previous posts.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 03:49:54 PM »
POOP update seems reasonable, i think steve hasnt even included it , he seems to for 6.3 at least be moving more towards missile and precursor changes

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 03:53:12 PM »
I too, like this idea.  We should call it the projection of off-world power update, or POOP for short.

There are so many ways this could be calculated but the biggest hurdle seems like it would be the AI routine for the diplomacy score alteration avoidance.  Basically, how and when an alien power would decide to ignore an established border and it's decisions on how to proceed if it was covertly breaking that border and was discovered.   

Is there a features thread for version 6.x+ or is it just the bug thread?  The original 5.7 requested features thread is stupendously long so I would be loathe to place such an excellent bud of an idea in that thread only to be quickly lost in the horde of previous posts.

The 5.7 request thread does seem to be the current thread. I can create one for 6.x.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 04:10:56 PM »
alread being up to 6.21 call it the  2013 suggestion thread maybe

Offline Icecoon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 03:25:27 AM »
POOP for the People! I like the idea too. :)
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?