Author Topic: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 16117 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #150 on: Yesterday at 11:59:33 AM »
Hi All,

I've encountered a weird issue with the game which started this morning

When opening Aurora I'm getting error pop-ups, the first one is '2. 5. 1 Function #1170: Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types'.  This is then followed by hundreds of '2. 5. 1 Function #3040: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I can click through the pop-ups and eventually the game will load, but I've saved and exited and tried again and the errors simply start again.

I have no idea what the cause might be as I haven't done anything unusual in my playthrough and don't really know what it might be.  I'm wondering whether it's an NPR issue?

Any advice would be really appreciated as my current game has been working brilliantly until now and I've been really enjoying it so I'm desperate to save it!

#1170 is the function that loads system bodies. If that fails, the game won't work. If you know how to look at the database file, you can check for a null value in FCT_SystemBody.

Are you definitely on v2.5.1, as I recall something on these lines in an earlier version?

Offline Skip121

• Leading Rate
  • S
Re: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #151 on: Today at 02:46:06 AM »
Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for this, the game is now working perfectly!

I'm definitely running v2. 5. 1, it's the first time this has happened and I'm about 85 years into the game roughly.

Thanks again!