Author Topic: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition  (Read 73919 times)

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
Re: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2021, 09:14:18 PM »
No more flowing spice.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2021, 12:56:55 AM »
I name my capital ships after famous battles.

Looking forward to inaugurating and commissioning the UNS Bulge.

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42, nuclearslurpee

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2021, 04:58:44 AM »
Ohh my! This is going to take some time, 30ish planets and moons, ok thats fine, but 816 asteroids... :o
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2021, 02:58:55 PM »
Looking forward to inaugurating and commissioning the UNS Bulge.

I'm sure the enemy will take notice

The following users thanked this post: Borealis4x

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2021, 04:08:10 AM »
I have started a new game (1.13) and I have the very very very best start I ever have in Aurora 4x. The configuration is unknown systems, 5% survey, 15% research, 1 NPR, Spoilers on (except one). Some tech points and build points and 350 million of people.

I created a new system to start in a different system than Sol (I have named it, in a display of originality, Terra), then I created the race (same as human) and removed the original human. So I am somewhere in the galaxy. I have the system geosurvey completed to simulate the first stage of exploration and survey, so I directly moved onto the galactic exploration phase.

My five survey cruisers (they have both, geo and grav sensors) discovered two jump points (Levinor and Macharia).

The Levinor system has more than 1000 asteroids and some near habitable planets (the most important with more than 43 millions of tons of duranium acc. 0.8 + level 2 of geosurvey). So Levinor will be, for sure, one of the most important colonies in my empire. Now I'm surveying the rest of the system and I hope to find a good sorium source in one of the giant gas planets.

The Macharia system is.. well, simply amazing. When the survey cruiser entered it detected a 100% habitable planet!! Ok, red alerts, possibly spoilers ahead, so I approached cautious with all the pasive sensors at limit and, nothing! A free habitable system!!

I have surveyed it and found a Partially Intact Colony with a bunch low acc. minerals. Fortunately other planet has more low acc. minerals, not enough to be self suficent, but enough to make a good infraestructure around that colony.

I'm now roleplaying the news from Macharia (new alien colony, people eager to move there, military generals crazy to send a detachment..). Also, I'm playing a WH40k inspired game, so the randomly name of Macharia is perfect because there is an official medal for the Macharian Cross. I'm really excited to play with this empire!!

EDITED: The Macharian ruins were part of an ancient civilization named Ryerson Oligarchy (TL5 - Tech Level 5?). And they left 237 installations... wow.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 07:09:18 AM by idefelipe »

The following users thanked this post: Marski, nuclearslurpee

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2021, 09:58:51 AM »
Quick, go buy a lottery ticket!

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2021, 01:59:06 PM »
Gacutil

-Sir, we just received the Unex Report from Commander Blakeley.

-On screen.

A few quiet button clicks. Blakeley's well-worn face appears on the main screen of the command room at JumpOps HQ.

-Admiral, it is my pleasure to report that we have successfully transited JP GAB-2.
-The jump connects to a new single-star system with quite a bit of promise.
-By previous agreement, this system is now known as Gacutil.
-Good news: one habitable planet, terrestrial, with 91% water coverage. Just 10 degrees warmer than home, gravity 90% of nominal, covered in a thick jungle.
-And she's a big one--even accounting for all the water, we estimate the planet could safely hold five billion colonists.
-And more: there's another planet with nominal gravity, but needs a little work. Needs to warm up by ten degrees, and needs to lose half of her oxygen to be breathable. Surface is one third water, the rest mountains and forests.
-She's even bigger than the first. As in, half again the diameter. She'll hold more than 25 billion with plenty of leg room for everyone.
-Being that size, of course, means it will take a while to do the work. Not too bad, though. Three HoneyBees working together would be done in less than a century.
-Those are the highlights. There are also four gas balls: two of them are merely large, the other two are enormous. If any of the lot tests positive for fuel mats, we'll be having a jubilee.
-Two other small planets, low grav, very cold. One of them has a significant ice sheet. If she has minerals, we can park a single HoneyBee there for a couple decades and she'd be warm enough for standard LGI without any insulation. She'll hold near a billion herself. Wouldn't be the worst place for the Prospectors to have a little luck.
-We also count 131 asteroids, the large majority of them warm enough for single-insulated LGI. Most of the rest would need three extra layers or less. With any luck, we could end up with a dozen or two live-mining colonies out here. About a dozen are too far out, too cold. Half of those can be struck from orbit. If the larger ones need digging, we'd be doing it with bots.
-Oh, also: 89 moons, all told. Twelve of the fourteen around the gas ball closest in are suitable for LGI+1 or better. The largest of these has room for nearly two billion. The rest of them combined would hold maybe half that.
-So there you have it. One planet habitable as-is for five Bs. Another one can go domeless for a not-too-great investment, and hold 25 Bs. And a plethora of further possibilities for mines and colonies.
-We are now en route to the prime planet, to scan for thermal and EM signatures.
-You can expect our next report in--oh, that reminds me: the star is about twenty times the mass of our own, so everything is very spread out. The prime planet is second-closest in. From the JP, it's 50 billion clicks. So, we'll let you know what we find in about 18 months.
-Blakeley out.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2021, 03:06:18 PM »

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2021, 05:05:03 PM »
in about 18 months.

Oh dear!  ;D

Admiral Tamu was not amused.

Typical Blakeley, burying the lede.
At least he spared us his self-satisfied smirk as he fed us all those promising data points, knowing all the time that everything is just too far away to be useful.
Well, there's a reason he's still a survey commander. Always too interested in keeping himself amused, and less interested in being useful to others.

My god, that planet is 50bk from the JP? That makes it 58 from Thul.
That would be, what, 13, 14 months for a Collie. One way. Not that it has enough fuel. We'll need a new design with five, six times the fuel tanks.
Or build a bunch of those new Tankies and set up a couple refueling spots along the route. That way we don't spin up a yard for an over-fueled Collie offshoot that we won't ever use again. We'll find another use for a few dozen Tankies at some point. Or just leave those refueling spots there permanently.

But this is all beside the point.
A star this massive has an incredibly strong grav field.
We're talking ten or more jump points, almost certainly.
This system will probably connect us to completely new segments of the galaxy.
That's a much more important finding than a planet large enough to hold every single Thuldanin that has ever lived.

I should recommend to Fleet Ops that we reallocate all available MiniMap surveyors to this system.
It will take a long time to survey it all, of course.
1800 survey points per location? Incredible.
Times thirty locations. The combined grav sensors of the entire survey fleet would need...four plus years just to accumulate the data--nevermind the transit time between locations...my god, it's 9 billion klicks from each to each, and that's just the inner ring. A Mini needs nearly five months to cross that. And then a year and a half sitting there gathering the data. Longer if the commander is lackluster, like so many of the recent Academy products.
Hell, even if each Mini had a Blakeley in the big seat, by the time it travels to a JP from the closest garage, and then scans that JP, it will almost be time for the next overhaul.

Forget redesigning the Collies. We're gonna need an entirely new survey fleet doctrine.
Which means...Caroline.

-Ensign.
-Sir!
-Send a tight to Survey HQ, c/o Vice Admiral Muthee. Include the Gacutil report. Instruct to contact me ASAP. Route the reply to my quarters.
-Sir!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 05:54:11 PM by skoormit »

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2021, 07:44:02 PM »
My game has been pretty tame. 57 years in and the only thing that has happened on my end is a survey ship and a scout ship got blown up by probably spoilers. I ran out of Corundium very early, but the custom system I started in has a large 0.8 deposit on a nearby planet, so I've been carting mines over there. Someone is having more fun than me if the occasional bout of 5s increments are anything to go by.  :P

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2021, 08:06:15 PM »
Someone is having more fun than me if the occasional bout of 5s increments are anything to go by.  :P

Point a survey ship in the direction of the nearest thermonuclear explosion and go say hi.  :P

Offline stabliser

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2021, 10:29:14 AM »
I started as aliens in a binary system.  The game was slowing down after 50 years, I was blaming the civilian ships... until I switched on view mineral packets !

Doh! mineral packets dont use Lagrange points!!!

It'll be a few years before all these reach home.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2021, 11:26:40 AM »
I started as aliens in a binary system.  The game was slowing down after 50 years, I was blaming the civilian ships... until I switched on view mineral packets !

Doh! mineral packets dont use Lagrange points!!!

It'll be a few years before all these reach home.

As someone who also has a binary start this does not bode well in the slightest. How far is your secondary from the primary? For me its quite close at 1.8bn

Offline stabliser

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2021, 12:27:50 PM »
261bn  :'(

So quite far.

Only 5 days through fortuitous LPs but it might be 10 years for the slowest packet to arrive.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2021, 01:32:45 AM »
Ehhh, thanks for the target practice...  ::)

But jumping 6-8 000 000 tons of civilian ships into a warzone?? Oki, I know the computer isn't the best tactician. On the other hand my salvagers will be occupied for years to come ::)
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...