Author Topic: Help with Specialty Weapons (Particle Beams/Plasma Carronades/Ect.)  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
I guess I'm still a little unsure how to put stuff in orbit and around jump points. My plan was to have a "starbase" for each of my fleets, which would contain command and control facilities as well as tons of those mammajamma-sized laser systems. Also luxury passenger accommodations, for the aristocracy to hold deep space tactical conferences from the comfort of their own personal solarium.

Is the idea to build a PDC on earth and then have it towed to a location? Is there any way to make it follow a planet but be outside the atmsophere?
Can anything tow anything?
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Oops, my post above regarded beam weapons. Missiles are not affected by atmosphere.

Just to make this clear (I have also edited my post).

As for starbases:

They are just ships without engines and will stay in orbit over the planet they are build.
The only way to move them is with tugs (ships with a tractor beam). You select the target they should pull from a drop-down on the individual ship screen (F6, I think), miscelaneous tab.

PDCs are _not_ movable, after being build (they are supposed to be deep underground (think cheyenne mountain) but can be pre-constructed in parts. Those parts can be transported to the planet/moon/asteroid you want them to be and assembled there (some factory capacity, either actual factories or engineer brigades, _and_ some minerals are needed for this). After assembling them, they can not be moved again, just like a regular PDC
Ralph Hoenig, Germany