Author Topic: Traffic control  (Read 1018 times)

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Traffic control
« on: December 18, 2020, 12:55:42 AM »
When you play with several neutral or friendly races (multi-nations Sol start) then you can't really leave the contact display ON, just too much traffic.

But often you would like to monitor specific systems, see if a given nation is moving into it or transiting through it. So the idea of adding a new conditional order, that would trigger when a ship of a specific nation is spotted. That would be a modification or generalization of the current order "Hostile ship contact in the system", although as it asks for an additional parameter, the nation, it might be tricky code-wise to pull out.

As a consequence you can move into a RDV point, which will trigger a message when reached. Ideally, adding as a consequence "issue text message" would be ideal and flavorful, as you could type smth like "Sir, we have spotted Russian ships in Gliese 1" or whatever.

The following users thanked this post: BAGrimm

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Traffic control
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 01:14:58 AM »
I for one thing this sounds kindof fun.  I want more traffic control tools in general far beyond what currently exist and I see this as a step in that direction.

The following users thanked this post: BAGrimm

Offline Zap0

• Captain
Re: Traffic control
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 06:44:58 AM »
I have much the same problem in my game. When you control all the empires involved it's not too bad since you know when they should detect each other somewhere they're not supposed to be, at least when you do it intentionally. But there's a big difference between missing that you detected a neutral alien/npr scout with your own survey ships or a neutral npr combat fleet approaching your core worlds.