Author Topic: Admin Commands  (Read 3019 times)

Offline smoelf (OP)

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Admin Commands
« on: April 13, 2020, 08:49:38 AM »
Has anyone gotten admin commands to work with the proper bonuses? I can't seem to figure out how to set up a proper command chain for a survey ship. The ship itself has 3 geo survey sensors for 3 points. The commander has a bonus of 20%, but since there is no science module, the bonus is halved, which gives a geo survey rate of 3,3, which is consistent with what the fleet shows.

BUT, I have placed the fleet under a survey admin command, where the commander has a survey bonus of 30%, which would give 7,5% bonus to the fleet under it. Furthermore the top admin command had a survey bonus of 40, so it should increase even further by 2%. I believe that I have the correct rankings ordered, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I don't remember reading anything in the bug thread about it, so I assume there is just something I have forgotten as this is entirely new.

Here is a link with screenshots of the four levels of organiztion: https://imgur.com/a/UQQRT16

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Re: Admin Commands
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 08:59:14 AM »
Huh, never checked, but completely agree.

I'm also just seeing the 1/2 bonus from the captain, nothing from higher up in the command structure  :(

Tried checking loading/unloading to. Can't see any stats on the fleet, but when I tried load something it took longer then the ship class window indicated it would.
Not by much, couple of %.

I'm probably missing something, but since I got 3 levels of admin command it should be quite a bit faster I would think, not slower
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:13:29 AM by Resand »
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 10:15:22 AM »
Looks like you're in the same system, so that's not it.  Might be related to the "survey next five system bodies" bug.

Just to confirm, your officers are all of appropriate ranks for their jobs?  Try putting an extra rank between each of them (most easily done by SM adding new ranks to your officer structure), or replacing them with other officers of higher ranks.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:38:47 AM by Father Tim »

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 10:23:42 AM »
My surveys aren't doing anything atm. Just waiting on Jump Tech.

"Correct level" leaders are one higher then the one below right?
My current structure:

Commander -> ship captain
Captain
Rear Admiral (lower) > Survey Command
Rear Admiral (upper) > Commercial Command
Vice Admiral
Admiral > Top level command

So got a couple of jumps in there too
Beside, the game are supposed to tell you if there's a problem with the structure right?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:26:10 AM by Resand »
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 10:42:25 AM »

This may very well be the answer -- that the display is showing the amount of survey points generated the last time it was actively surveying.

"Correct level" leaders are one higher then the one below right?

Dunno.  That's why I asked.  You'd have to search the Changes thread for the post.

My current structure:

Commander -> ship captain
Captain
Rear Admiral (lower) > Survey Command
Rear Admiral (upper) > Commercial Command
Vice Admiral
Admiral > Top level command

So got a couple of jumps in there too
Beside, the game are supposed to tell you if there's a problem with the structure right?

Yeah, looks good.

Offline smoelf (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 11:35:26 AM »

This may very well be the answer -- that the display is showing the amount of survey points generated the last time it was actively surveying.

I tried passing time to allow for surveys to happen, but the Geo bonus remains the same.
I also a structure similar to Resand:

Vice Admiral -> General Admin
Rear Admiral
Commodore -> Survey Admin
Captain
Commander -> Survey Ship Commander

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 03:30:07 PM »
Just for completeness sake.

From 1.1 bug thread: "The Admin command bonus isn't shown on the fleet window." - Steve W

So I found two bodies in system with same grav survey points. Had one fleet 3 levels down in the admin command hierarchy the other right under top level command.
They where just 8 point bodies, so perhaps not perfect test, but still.

The one under all levels of command finished 45min before the one with just one command above it. So seems like this actually is working.

Offline smoelf (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 03:36:14 PM »
Just for completeness sake.

From 1.1 bug thread: "The Admin command bonus isn't shown on the fleet window." - Steve W

So I found two bodies in system with same grav survey points. Had one fleet 3 levels down in the admin command hierarchy the other right under top level command.
They where just 8 point bodies, so perhaps not perfect test, but still.

The one under all levels of command finished 45min before the one with just one command above it. So seems like this actually is working.

Excellent. Thanks for testing it!
Let's hope that it is just one of those things that will be added as "quality of life" improvements, once the bugs are out of the way. Otherwise it will be difficult to test, if there are errors in the command structure.