Author Topic: Aurora II  (Read 161564 times)

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
Re: Aurora II
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2010, 08:16:33 AM »
Quote from: UncleBob link=topic=3011. msg29859#msg29859 date=1289212117
I second that.  I hope the Orbitel paths of the planets won't get abolished.  Maybe, if it doesn't take too much of re-structuring, even add eccentricity to the orbital elements and go for eliptic orbits.  But that would probably need some new code in the planet generator, since you have to take the eccentricity into account when checking for habitability, at least if the eccentricity is significant.

3rd'd Op and second bobs idea as well  :D

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2010, 08:48:42 AM »
Maybe it's what were used to, but those new pics feel incredibly detailed. ;D
Looking awesome so far.

Second with u Unlimited...

slurp..slurp..i CANT wait for V2...slurp...

ok seriously.
Go Steve Go!!!

Offline Five

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • F
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2010, 10:49:04 AM »
Steve,

Looks amazing so far and you have me pumped about this.  I would like to second though having the option to turn on orbital rings too.

Looks great keep up the great work.

-Five

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2010, 12:01:48 PM »
Another thing I'd like is proper binary orbits, it feels weird that when you have two stars of near equal mass the jump points are all arbitrarily aligned to one of them. Simply creating an invisible ghost star at the centre and having the other two orbit around that with equal periods should do the trick.

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2010, 04:09:39 PM »
Well, considering jump points will be no more, does that still make a difference?

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2010, 05:00:16 PM »
It matters for orbits and system the new warp limit, I guess, but you have a point.

Offline Five

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • F
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »
I would like to see an expansion on ground combat, not sure how exactly. . . maybe some representaion of the ground and your forces pushing across it. . . for 2d planes working from one side to the other i guess.  or you could go all out and it can be two games in one.  Space game with a ground game tucked inside for those times.

Also i would like a way were populations(along with their buildings) of the same race on the same planet can be combined if you wanted to.

Offline Xkill

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2010, 08:16:17 PM »
Hello everyone joined the forum today nice to meet you all.

Anyways, there is something wrong with this forum, as I can't see images.

Sorry if my English is bad, I'm Brazilian.

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2010, 05:01:04 AM »
Another possibility, multiple races living in one population. Due to different environment tolerances population numbers would have to be counted seperatly, but I don't think it makes sense that you have to move a factory to the other side of a planet just so that Cetans can work in it instead of Terrans.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2010, 12:34:21 AM »
My suggestion would be a random race setup without going into SM to do it. I find if I start a race I keep going till I get a more then optimum outcome.

On that note also races which have need of different environmental factors.

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2010, 05:26:45 AM »
Variations on hydrospheres: Oceans are all nice and well, but some planets would have oceans not made of water, and some species might need those liquids to survive. It might be a nice touch to add.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2010, 05:55:13 AM »
I would like to see an expansion on ground combat, not sure how exactly. . . maybe some representaion of the ground and your forces pushing across it. . . for 2d planes working from one side to the other i guess.  or you could go all out and it can be two games in one.  Space game with a ground game tucked inside for those times.

Also i would like a way were populations(along with their buildings) of the same race on the same planet can be combined if you wanted to.

Steve love too TROOP features (as "Fading Sun" like..but much less complex hope.-.:D) so am think Steve r thinking how put them inside game.

apologize my english:)

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2010, 02:08:40 PM »
Oh, something I thought of yesterday:
In any kind of non-strategy game to the topic, theres always equipment from different companies, with various advantages etc.

How about a system that mimics that, with an actual economy that might be able to produce stuff for or research through civilian contract.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2010, 05:49:18 AM »
Oh, something I thought of yesterday:
In any kind of non-strategy game to the topic, theres always equipment from different companies, with various advantages etc.

How about a system that mimics that, with an actual economy that might be able to produce stuff for or research through civilian contract.
Interesting idea. I was considering having actual civilian shipyards rather than abstract it and having civilian companies build some warships for the government. I guess civilians could also handle some government-funded research as well.

Steve

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2010, 06:31:45 AM »
You even do it that you give out a contract for a new weapon, like "20cm laser", and then various companies randomly generate a design, and some of those might have serious flaws, but be cheaper for the player, so you get a weapon needing 5 energy, but getting 8, with not the highest possible RM, but hey, it's 20% off, I'm going to buy from those guys.
Or as a military joke says; "Your equipment was always made by the lowest bidder."  ;D