Author Topic: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 13723 times)

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2024, 05:04:02 AM »
A quirk or a bug?

I somehow managed to load then lose 0.2 auto-mines somewhere, perhaps I dumped them in the wrong place.
So Earth now has 8.8 auto-mines.
I tell myself, ok no worries, I'll adjust my ongoing order and add +0.2 to "complete back" my current amount.
I did nothing, even when the order was finished. I ended up with 8.8 AM on Earth.
Then I issued a new order, to specifically order 0.2 AM only.
Guess what, no change, the order was finished and I was still with 8.8 AM on Earth.

Online skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2024, 07:28:34 AM »
A quirk or a bug?

I somehow managed to load then lose 0.2 auto-mines somewhere, perhaps I dumped them in the wrong place.
So Earth now has 8.8 auto-mines.
I tell myself, ok no worries, I'll adjust my ongoing order and add +0.2 to "complete back" my current amount.
I did nothing, even when the order was finished. I ended up with 8.8 AM on Earth.
Then I issued a new order, to specifically order 0.2 AM only.
Guess what, no change, the order was finished and I was still with 8.8 AM on Earth.

Check your civ ships and see if the final 0.2 is actually on the way.
I have noticed that sometimes the order "finishes" according to the order list, even though some freighters are still en route.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2024, 07:54:39 AM »
I can check, but it was more than one year ago and the longest travel time is 4 months. And still, it would not explain the 'freeze' on current AM count when producing an extra 0.2

Online skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2024, 10:05:07 AM »
I can check, but it was more than one year ago and the longest travel time is 4 months. And still, it would not explain the 'freeze' on current AM count when producing an extra 0.2

Attach your DB if you like. I'll send my SQL Raiders to find the missing 0.2 automines.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2024, 02:26:47 PM »
SQL Raiders

Instead of railguns and slave ships, they just use queries to place your population in their home system while you shake your fist impotently. Truly Steve's most diabolical creation yet.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Jeltz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2024, 04:03:34 PM »
Aurora 2.5.1 "vanilla" or not (I usually play with Deep Blue mod), conventional start

Easily reproducible:

- Economics window
- Civilian/Flags tab
- Select the central title row "Installation Type Demanded - Amount - Assigned"
- Press "Edit Demand" button[/li][/list]

a message will be generated: "2.5.1 Function #608: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

same behaviour if it is selected the empty row below title row

click on OK button: message close and nothing seem wrong but...

.... but after few in game-day I recieved 10 (!) Research Lab without apparently reason (se Event log in attach)

I dont' know if this two things are linked or not, I would tend not to believe it, but it is a quite strange coincidence...

And for me those 10 Reserch Lab are a real mistery...

-J-

Offline pedter

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2024, 06:53:12 PM »
When toggling the Lifepods checkbox on in the Naval Organization view, an error pops up and must be cleared in triplicate. I suspect it is attached to a couple of maybe-broken 0-crew lifepods in the same system as the fleet is trying to view (the two lifepods do not show up on the list of contacts, left-hand column, despite Lifepods being checked on). I generated these two lifepods unintentionally when I deleted a test (SM) fleet that contained one carrier and two hangared parasites; while the carrier was deleted, both parasites left a lifepod and a wreck instead of being properly removed.

Edit: the error no longer generates after those two lifepods expired. My money's still on something wrong with those two in particular.

Info dump:
- "2.5.1 Function #773: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
- Generates from the Naval Organization window in triplicate when checking Lifepods on
- Possibly connected to a pair of empty life pods; see above description and below attached screenshot
- Conventional start
- Real stars
- US decimal and time formats (I have not reconfigured for UK standards)
- Approximately 83 years into the campaign
- Campaign started and running on v2.5.1
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 07:47:18 PM by pedter »

Offline Oafsalot

• Petty Officer
« Reply #142 on: Yesterday at 05:52:09 PM »
Just had a Stablization Ship fly through to a system with a different flag controlled race with the exclude alian controlled flag ticked on the ship.

This had happned before in this game, but I thought I had made a mistake. Seems this bug is still turning up somehow.

Doesn't help they let Swarm out of the system.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #143 on: Yesterday at 10:24:27 PM »
Just had a Stablization Ship fly through to a system with a different flag controlled race with the exclude alian controlled flag ticked on the ship.

This had happned before in this game, but I thought I had made a mistake. Seems this bug is still turning up somehow.

Doesn't help they let Swarm out of the system.

The "Exclude Alien Controlled" toggle only affects autoroute orders, it will not influence standing orders nor will it prevent the player from issuing an order which would send the ship into alien-controlled systems.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #144 on: Today at 08:02:40 AM »

Attach your DB if you like. I'll send my SQL Raiders to find the missing 0.2 automines.
Thanks, but it's okay. No fuss, I moved past this point. I edited the database to change the 8.8 facilities on Earth to 9, and everything is happily humming along now.