Author Topic: v1.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 13511 times)

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
Re: v1.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2020, 01:49:10 PM »
Ships don't overhaul if they have 0 MSP. Description of the resulting behaviour (copied from the 1.40 bug report thread):
If I sent the GEV Ferdinand Magellan from the standard game to overhaul at the Home World then its maintenance clock just keeps increasing, even though there is sufficient maintenance capacity and MSP available. Its possible orders also continue to show "Begin overhaul" (not "Abandon overhaul") but if I select that again I get the error "Orders cannot be assigned to fleet which has ships undergoing overhaul."

To reproduce, set the Ferdinand Magellan to a supply ship in the class design window, order it to transfer its MSP to Home World and then order it to overhaul at Home World.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour, but it seems that if the overhaul takes MSP from the population first then either a ship with 0 MSP should be able to be overhauled or an overhaul should automatically resupply the ships as part of its task.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:01:58 PM by 01010100 »

Offline sctjkc01

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2020, 01:56:44 PM »
Holdover bug from v1.  4:

Create Research Project, of type Engine (Ion Drive, 100%, 0.  8L/h, 100%, 10HS).    Go to Research section of Economics, and delete the newly created project.    Attempt recreation of project in the Create Research Project Window (Ion Drive, 100%, 0.  8L/h, 100%, 25HS), receive error on Function #1051: An item with the same key has already been added. 

After starting a new game where you get Instant Research Points, the "Instant" button in the Research section of Economics doesn't disappear once you run out of Instant RP.     And there's no check to ensure you have sufficient Instant RP to research a tech. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 01:59:18 PM by sctjkc01 »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2020, 01:58:02 PM »

Holdover bug from v1. 4:

After starting a new game where you get Instant Research Points, the "Instant" button doesn't disappear once you run out of Instant RP.    And there's no check to ensure you have sufficient Instant RP to research a tech.

Is SM mode on?

Offline Saquenay

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2020, 01:58:33 PM »
Quote from: Doren link=topic=10741. msg123416#msg123416 date=1586976159
Quote from: Saquenay link=topic=10741. msg123411#msg123411 date=1586975670
My "obsolete" button for ship classes has disappeared!  I know it was present in one of the early builds, but I noticed it was missing in 1.  4, and is still missing in 1.  5.    I can still access the functionality by navigating the checkboxes with 'tab' and 'space'.    After I posted a screenshot in the discord, somebody pointed out that my font looked weird.    To the best of my knowledge, my system font settings are normal, but the font used in aurora does seem a bit janky.    There are also some buttons whose text does not align properly, presumably because the whole text is wrapping onto a second line due to the strange font.    (ex: the 'New Ship' button on this screenshot is probably 'new ship class')

Where exactly does Aurora get it's font choice from?  Perhaps there is a specific registry key or something I could inspect to see what the problem is in more detail?
The font looks really weird

The obsolete thing is not a button but a checkbox below "No Armour" check box but it seems to be missing in the screenshot.  Maybe it will appear if you select an actual design?

Edit.  Is the exe marked as a run in compatibility mode or anything of sort? What is your OS?

Sorry I should have said the checkbox has disappeared!  My OS is windows 10.   The exe is not running in any special compatibility mode, though just now I tried running it in win7 and win8 compatibility just for fun (also ran as administrator) and it did not change the font.

The checkbox does not appear if a new design is selected.   Note however that when a design is selected, the font of the ship description is "normal".   (if anything else, the 'weirdness' of the font is that it is not using kerning, so the spacing is uniform and probably wider, hence the wraparound for some buttons).

Offline Vivalas

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2020, 01:59:10 PM »
Here's a couple combat bugs:

1. Auto-assign BFC doesn't seem to work, and haven't tested MFC. Can reproduce by using the attached DB and trying to fly to Mars and auto assign with the battle fleet to try to kill aliens.

2. Moving to a contact seems bugged, at least for the situation I have the DB saved at where there is a battle fleet at Earth and a NPR survey fleet at luna. Giving a move order to battle fleet to move to Garf 001 the fleet at Luna then moving in 5s intervals causes the battle fleet to take a wierd parabolic trajectory and then not actually "go" to where the alien fleet is, stopping about 10000 to 50000 km out. I was even able to make it move away from the fleet in some circumstances.

EDIT: Here is a gif of it in action:
https://i.gyazo.com/7f922e3fb39e1032fc1c9759b6f435a7.mp4
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:02:33 PM by Vivalas »

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2020, 02:00:14 PM »
Saquenay

What is you locale? I sometimes run a Japanese locale, and it messes stuff up.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2020, 02:00:26 PM »
After I posted a screenshot in the discord, somebody pointed out that my font looked weird.   To the best of my knowledge, my system font settings are normal, but the font used in aurora does seem a bit janky.   There are also some buttons whose text does not align properly, presumably because the whole text is wrapping onto a second line due to the strange font.   (ex: the 'New Ship' button on this screenshot is probably 'new ship class')

Where exactly does Aurora get it's font choice from?  Perhaps there is a specific registry key or something I could inspect to see what the problem is in more detail?

It uses a sans-serif font on my computer:

I also have problems with button labels and other things wrapping and becoming misaligned or invisible. Do you ever get a number after the Exact Size at the top-left corner of the class design window?

Offline sctjkc01

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2020, 02:00:50 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=10741. msg123430#msg123430 date=1586977082
Quote from: sctjkc01 link=topic=10741. msg123429#msg123429 date=1586977004

After starting a new game where you get Instant Research Points, the "Instant" button doesn't disappear once you run out of Instant RP.     And there's no check to ensure you have sufficient Instant RP to research a tech.

Is SM mode on?

Spacemaster mode was OFF when it occurred.   The only way to remove the button after emptying your available points is to close the window and reopen it.

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2020, 02:08:50 PM »
Sorry I should have said the checkbox has disappeared!  My OS is windows 10.   The exe is not running in any special compatibility mode, though just now I tried running it in win7 and win8 compatibility just for fun (also ran as administrator) and it did not change the font.

The checkbox does not appear if a new design is selected.   Note however that when a design is selected, the font of the ship description is "normal".   (if anything else, the 'weirdness' of the font is that it is not using kerning, so the spacing is uniform and probably wider, hence the wraparound for some buttons).
The font also looks weird this is how it looks for me. It is using the same font as on the window title. For you it seems to have same font on the window title but the game itself is using different font all together like the letter-r in the game VS in the title.

Honestly have no idea what could cause this issue.  :-\

Offline Yonder

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2020, 02:15:14 PM »
I've got a 1.3 bug and database, but I've looked through the 1.4 and 1.5 changelogs and don't see anything related.

My civ shipping is giving me a large number of "Pickup Failed" errors, "unable to load Infrastructure from Raleigh Prime as nothing was available for pickup".

I believe this started happening right around when they finished a (matched) Supply/Demand contract for Infrastructure on my Home World and Luna, but I can't be sure about that. Even when they started sending this error there was infrastructure available (something like 230). I checked and the Supply and Demand contracts were definitely done and gone. I churned out another couple thousand Infrastructure, so there is now quite a lot available, and finally I made a new Supply contract of around 500 infrastructure without making a matched Demand, to see if the excess Supply would make them happy. Nothing had any affect and I'm still getting the errors every several days.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2020, 02:16:56 PM »
Ground Forces window > Unit Class Design tab

Clicking the column heading "Base Unit Type" in the upper left panel gives:
Function #2608: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   
Function #1838: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   

Yeah I know, just don't click it.   .   .      :)

Edit: When this is selected, the same errors are thrown when selecting any of the components in the bottom left panel.   Error is not thrown when no component is selected in bottom left panel and Base Unity Type is clicked.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:20:57 PM by mike2R »

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2020, 02:21:57 PM »
In the Class Design window, Miscellaneous tab, Total Crew HS Required is listed as 9.81, Crew HS Available is listed as  9.8.  Crew Berths is 135 (matching the Class Design tab of 135 crew listed), but spare berths is listed as -1.  No errors popping up that I can see, so possibly just a rounding display error?

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2020, 02:25:19 PM »
1.4 not 1.5, but it seems you can unlock ships that are currently in use in the design window, change the components and lock it again, all without using the Space Master mode. Ships automatically update to include the new components.

Offline Caplin

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2020, 02:30:37 PM »
I've got a 1.3 bug and database, but I've looked through the 1.4 and 1.5 changelogs and don't see anything related.

My civ shipping is giving me a large number of "Pickup Failed" errors, "unable to load Infrastructure from Raleigh Prime as nothing was available for pickup".

I believe this started happening right around when they finished a (matched) Supply/Demand contract for Infrastructure on my Home World and Luna, but I can't be sure about that. Even when they started sending this error there was infrastructure available (something like 230). I checked and the Supply and Demand contracts were definitely done and gone. I churned out another couple thousand Infrastructure, so there is now quite a lot available, and finally I made a new Supply contract of around 500 infrastructure without making a matched Demand, to see if the excess Supply would make them happy. Nothing had any affect and I'm still getting the errors every several days.

Can you reproduce it on 1.5? There was a civi infrastructure bug fix in 1.4.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:32:22 PM by Caplin »

The following users thanked this post: Yonder

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2020, 02:32:26 PM »
If I copy a design, I am able to select the design from the 'Refit From' dropdown menu, even if there aren't any ships build of it. If I select refit, it creates a 'divide by zero' error for function #2185. This is repeated every time I enter the economics window and when I pass time I get a 'divide by zero' error for function #2097.

Furthermore, I can't see built ships, orbiting Earth, in the dropdown menu for refitting.

The following users thanked this post: The_Seeker