Author Topic: Reasonable discussion about mods  (Read 2500 times)

Offline rato

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • r
Re: Reasonable discussion about mods
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 11:12:47 AM »
censoring polemic discussion is only going to radicalize people into partisans, it's going to be even worse because modding supporters and modding non-supporters are going to be in their own bubble

Offline Franss22 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 11:15:15 AM »
Quote from: Silverkeeper link=topic=10789. msg123977#msg123977 date=1587053180
We should definitely respect steves wishes.  He has chosen to share his hobby project with the world and I just hope it stays that way.  Don´t bring mod discussions here because they are a waste of everyones time.

I am doing that.  Respecting Steve's wishes.  He said he doesnt want people to mod his game.  I havent really seen him wish that we dont TALK about mods.  I can respect his wishes while disagreeing on the motives.
If he has said he doesnt want people talking about mods, then ill shut up, but i dont understand why people are so against other people talking about it.  If you truly believe there's no point  in it, then dont  come reply, i wont fault you, its your opinion and you can have it, but when most of the replies on a post to talk about ods are "stop talking" it confuses me

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2020, 11:16:22 AM »
censoring polemic discussion is only going to radicalize people into partisans, it's going to be even worse because modding supporters and modding non-supporters are going to be in their own bubble

TBF its already happened - people here on the aurora forms are overall more supportive on steve. On reddit he has become the devil himself for daring to exhibit control over his own project.

Offline Franss22 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 11:18:37 AM »
Quote from: Franss22 link=topic=10789. msg123991#msg123991 date=1587053715

If he has said he doesnt want people talking about mods, then ill shut up

hahahaha he just said it in the updates thread.  I guess i wont talk then.  in a forum made for talking.

I  sorry if i sound salty but it just frustrates me that we cant even talk about it without a bunch of people just shutting you down.

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2020, 11:38:13 AM »

TBF its already happened - people here on the aurora forms are overall more supportive on steve. On reddit he has become the devil himself for daring to exhibit control over his own project.
Well reddit in general is a cesspool of entitled neckbeards...

The following users thanked this post: ral02

Offline prophetical

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2020, 12:00:34 PM »
Quote from: Franss22 link=topic=10789. msg123996#msg123996 date=1587053917
Quote from: Franss22 link=topic=10789.  msg123991#msg123991 date=1587053715

If he has said he doesnt want people talking about mods, then ill shut up

hahahaha he just said it in the updates thread.   I guess i wont talk then.   in a forum made for talking. 

I  sorry if i sound salty but it just frustrates me that we cant even talk about it without a bunch of people just shutting you down.

Because it HAS been talked about.  A lot.  There are answers to your questions that have been hashed and rehashed over and over again.  You are making this argument that if only someone said the right combination of words then Steve would agree to modding the game.  He has said no, repeatedly.  And yet you are still pushing this and still trying to bring it up under the guise of "discussion".  It isn't.  It is a distraction, reeks of entitlement, and risks our access to Aurora being shut off totally.  I don't think a lot of people would disagree with you that mods have the potential to enhance the game, but since the matter has been settled, it's time to stop.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2020, 12:06:15 PM »
Next person to make a thread about mods will get a timeout.