Author Topic: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 20533 times)

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
Re: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2020, 10:12:21 PM »
Follow up to my last post: this is the longest streak of 5-sec increments I've seen so far in C# Aurora, and the #311 error is occuring once or twice each time. I don't know if there's an epic battle raging somewhere or if it's stuck in some kind of loop. Kinda getting tired of clicking through it.

The following users thanked this post: Ceebees

ElBagardo

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2020, 10:50:20 PM »
I am getting errors which I think may be related to missing entries in certain themeing files.

My themes are:
System: Ukranian Birds
Class: Trafalgar Order of Battle
Name: Zhodani

When I click "company name" in the "Create Project Window", it throws "Function #1652: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.  Parameter name: index"
It then throws a second error: "Function #2636: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. " At this point, the "company name" field above the research project name changes to read "error".

When I attempt to open the Colony Summary tab via the home icon, it throws "Function #1690: Value to add was out of range.  Parameter name: value" but otherwise opens the colony summary normally.

Progressing in 5 and 30 day increments, occasionally when a new civillian ship spawns I again receive "Function #1690: Value to add was out of range.  Parameter name: value" but on the tactical map. 

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2020, 11:03:27 PM »
I haven't deleted anything but ship fleets to see that.  How would I send that?
Zip the database (with Winzip or 7zip) and post it as an attachment.

I don't know if this is a bug or working as intended, but my survey ship left Sol and discovered the system of Proxima Centauri. After conducting a grav survey and finding new unexplored jump points, it went through one and found itself back in Sol. Not a new Sol like the other posters, but the original Sol with my homeworld in it, meaning both Sol and Proxima Centauri now each have two jump points linking to the same system.

Not like several systems making a triangle or anything, but two direct connections between one pair of systems.

Game created in 1.7.1, patched to 1.7.3.
This is WAI.  Jump points must be able to connect to existing systems or else you could never meet NPRs.  It is even possible for jump points in the same system to link to each other.

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2020, 11:28:01 PM »
I still have the bug where the MSP gets incorectly calculated when you add smaller Maintenance Storage Bays to a ship design that already had Larger versions then the one you try to add.
It existed since 1.7.0, i did not test 1.6.X (i played 1.5.1 until the now fixed bug in #15030~ Hardlocked my 80 Year game)

Gamestart 1.7.3
Windows
Real Stars

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2020, 11:54:57 PM »
Getting this error every time period even 5 seconds:

Attached is DB.

Brand new game on 1.73, 2 NPR's at start, 7 years in, other than that pretty default settings. Invaders on and NPR's activate non-NPR on.

Offline Bionic

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2020, 12:14:46 AM »
The function number: #2026.   
The complete error text: (All my error messages are in Swedish for some reason) Input string was not in a correct format.     
The window affected: Mineral Survey Window.   
What you were doing at the time: Trying to use the search function on the Mineral Survey Window.   
Conventional or TN start: Conventional.   
Random or Real Stars: Real.   
Is your decimal separator a comma?: Comma.   
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: It happens every time I click search, or if I click my faction or race in the drop down menus in the upper-right corner.     

Edit: Realized I was on 1. 7. 2.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 12:32:32 AM by Bionic »

Offline tapk

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2020, 12:21:32 AM »
Decimal separator bug in Open Minerals Survey Window.  My decimal separator is a comma (Russian regional settings), and when i open Minerals window, all minerals accessibility is written with a point, not comma, so i get an error (on pic).  When I'm changing points to commas, it works, but when I open Minerals window again, all accessibility values are with comma instead of point again.

(message above is about this bug too)

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2020, 12:51:30 AM »
The function number: #2026.   
The complete error text: (All my error messages are in Swedish for some reason) Input string was not in a correct format.     
The window affected: Mineral Survey Window.   
What you were doing at the time: Trying to use the search function on the Mineral Survey Window.   
Conventional or TN start: Conventional.   
Random or Real Stars: Real.   
Is your decimal separator a comma?: Comma.   
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: It happens every time I click search, or if I click my faction or race in the drop down menus in the upper-right corner.     

Edit: Realized I was on 1. 7. 2.
Decimal separator bug in Open Minerals Survey Window.  My decimal separator is a comma (Russian regional settings), and when i open Minerals window, all minerals accessibility is written with a point, not comma, so i get an error (on pic).  When I'm changing points to commas, it works, but when I open Minerals window again, all accessibility values are with comma instead of point again.

(message above is about this bug too)
Comma separator problems are listed under Known Issues.  You will need to change your region settings to use periods, the same as with VB Aurora.

The following users thanked this post: Bionic

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2020, 12:54:06 AM »
Thing I posted in the 1.7.0 thread is still a thing:

I created some classes (to cycle through the names list), changed one to Survey Ship (SS) class, then later built it and played for a few years.  I then went to change another class name to survey ship.  This caused the class to disappear and for an error to pop up to the effect of this: https://i.imgur.com/OxJbBku.png

However, the error refers to the previous class in the ship list.  So if classes A and B existed, and I tried to change B, the error would show up naming A instead.

Notably reloading the save caused the missing ships to re-appear as the correct category.  They were not visible prior to reloading.

Offline se5a

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2020, 12:54:20 AM »
There does not appear to be a way to overload crew quarters for rescue shuttles and carriers, unless I'm blind?.  I seem to remember an option for this in the VB version.

Offline tapk

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2020, 12:59:16 AM »
Quote from: SpikeTheHobbitMage link=topic=10968. msg126394#msg126394 date=1587448290
Comma separator problems are listed under Known Issues.   You will need to change your region settings to use periods, the same as with VB Aurora.
Oh, ok.

Offline Vivalas

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2020, 01:14:13 AM »
Welp,  there goes another game.

Dunno what's wrong, it just keeps hanging around April when I try to increment time. Happened consistently 5 times now.

EDIT: I sent you a message with more details, but it seems to be related to an infinite loop in officer assignment or promotion. Reassigning all officers seemed to fix it, gonna dig deeper and see if it was related to flag bridges or naval admin commands.

EDIT 2: Auto assign doesn't work for flag commanders, and when the current flag commander is getting removed due to promotion, it hangs infinitely. The flag commander was also the highest promotion score in his rank in my instance.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 02:16:13 AM by Vivalas »

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2020, 01:35:07 AM »
When military academy is upgraded all the way up to level 20, it can no longer be assigned academy commandants to, because the position completely disappears from the officer's menu.
This bug has been reproduced by other people playing aurora.

other information:
- 1.7.3 version
- conventional start
- two ranks additional ranks added to ground force ranks
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:38:37 AM by Marski »

Offline Aivaria

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2020, 01:48:41 AM »
ive posted my bug in 1. 7. 2 already, but its also in 1. 7. 3

The function number - none, as this doesnt throw an exception
    The complete error text - none
    The window affected - all?
    What you were doing at the time - building super fuel efficient egines, and then progess time
    Conventional or TN start - TN
    Random or Real Stars - Random
    Is your decimal separator a comma? - i use GB locale for aurora, so no, its a dot
    Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - easy

when an engine fuel usage gets below 1, the fuel reserve gets somewhat messed up

ive been playing arround with different engines ans ship, and tried building realy small ships

ive created an engine, which should have very low fuel usage, and created an fighter sized geo survey ship.    Ranges say 3294 days at full power, but in real game, this ships uses 11 fuel per day (1,000/11 = ~91 days fuel)

link to db: https://drive.   google.   com/open?id=1EL7ShOxJKOH6bIpiIIQ8ZHs8WjW1nj1F   
Its quite simple to review: ive created an "GeoSurvey Fleet", progress 1 day, and see fuel diff
(pls dont judge for cheating, im figuring arround with stuff, and trying to learn things :D)

Code: [Select]
Simmel Aero Engines Photonic Drive  EP1.00
Engine Power 1.00    Fuel Use Per Hour 0 litres    Fuel per EPH 0
Thermal Signature 1.00    Explosion Chance 1%
Military Engine
Cost 5   Size 5 tons   Crew 1   HTK 1
Base Change to hit 100%
Materials Required: Gallicite  5
Code: [Select]
Anyanwu class Geosurvey Ship      351 tons       16 Crew       365.4 BP       TCS 7    TH 4    EM 0
569 km/s      Armour 1-4       Shields 0-0       HTK 5      Sensors 7/7/0/5      DCR 0      PPV 0
Maint Life 8.33 Years     MSP 182    AFR 4%    IFR 0.1%    1YR 5    5YR 70    Max Repair 300 MSP
Kaptajnlojnant    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 24 months    Morale Check Required   

Simmel Aero Engines Photonic Drive  EP1.00 (4)    Power 4.0    Fuel Use 0.32%    Signature 1.00    Explosion 1%
Fuel Capacity 1,000 Litres    Range 161.9 billion km (3294 days at full power)

Bauersachs-Singer EM Sensor EM0.1-7 (5%) (1)     Sensitivity 7     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  20.9m km
Boehm-Brunner Thermal Sensor TH0.1-7 (5%) (1)     Sensitivity 7     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  20.9m km
Phased Geological Sensors (1)   5 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and planetary interaction

Offline Cocyte

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2020, 02:05:14 AM »
Quote from: cocyte
Got a strange bug related to officer ranks and administration positions... The game hangs while performing a specific sequence of operation with a specific officer.

First, here is the database

With this DB, perform the following actions :
- Open the commanders window
- Select Rear Admiral Abigail Clayton
- Select the Naval Admin Commands jobs. -> A list of all the various departments should appears. An admiral is required for the top most command, a Vice admiral for the Formation Department
- Demote Abigail to Commodore -> The ranks required for the TSDI Navy switch to Vice Admiral, the rank for the Formation Department switch to Rear Admiral
- Promote Abigail to Vice Admiral -> The rank required jumps to Sky Marshal for the TSDI Navy and to Admiral for the Formation Department
- Promote Abigail to Admiral -> Game hangs. Probably because it looks for a higher rank than Sky Marshal for the TSDI Navy command.

It also happens with most of the commodores when promoted.

Furthermore, there's no "rank jumping" with several of the other commanders. For example, promoting her fellow Rear Admiral Kate Herbert don't change the required ranks at all.

Important context for investigation : I messed with the ranks, adding a new bottom most level (Lieutenant) for all freshmen. As you can only create a new top most rank (as far as I know), I renamed all the ranks.

Reproduced it on 1.7.3 using the default game : It's obviously due to the automated required rank adjustement of Naval Admin Commands depending on the rank of ship commanders.

With the Federation Planet game, on the commander window :
- Assign one of the Rear Admiral (Upper half) to one of the two grav survey ship.
- Check Naval Admin Commands : Required ranks are Admiral for the FN Navy and Vice Admiral for the Survey Command
- Promote the previously assigned Rear Admiral -> Required ranks jumps to Fleet Admiral and Admiral
- Promote this commander again -> Game hangs.

The following users thanked this post: db48x