Author Topic: v1.9.2 Bugs Thread  (Read 8847 times)

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: v1.9.2 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2020, 05:58:49 AM »
Since v1.9.0 I am getting "Error #1617 object not set to an instance of an object" every time I load/start game. It started on v1.9.0 and I got same in v1.9.2 here is screen shot. and DBs, (DB copy is V1.90) second is V1.9.2   Game plays okay after I press okay and have found no issues yet.

#1617 just converts a number into a string. What is your decimal separator?
 full stop .

Offline lipton

• Leading Rate
  • l
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2020, 06:12:09 AM »
V 1. 9. 2
Conventional Start
Real Star
Windows Format changed to U. K. -> Decimal Seperator ". "

Calculation Bug Mining Tab/Production

In the bottom list, where all mines are displayed, the mining output of 1 Conventional Industry is equal to 0. 1 Mines.
But in the Mining Output per mineral in the top of the mining tab 1 Conventional Industry is equal to 0. 15 Mines. 

Example from a fresh con.  Start game:
The bottom list shows: (No Governor/10 Tons Mining Tech)
800 Con.  Industries => Total mining output 800 tons/year (800 * 10 * 0. 1)

And in the Top:
Total Mining Output for Duranium, Acc.  1. 0 => 1,200 tons/year (800 * 10 * 0. 15)

Offline roug

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2020, 06:43:15 AM »
I dont know if this is a bug, but i just lost all my military ships to maintenance failure, there maint clock was going down, so i did a overhaul on the ships but the problem was that there clock dident go down and they did use up all there MSPs and since they are overhauling i cannot resupply them, and there are no oway to cancel the overhaul.. so bang...

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2020, 06:50:17 AM »
There seems to be a new issue with the troop Transport capacity.

started in 1.90, updated to 1.92, 3 years into the campaign

Troop carrier with 10x Standard Troop bays = Troop Capacity 10,000 tons
wants to load a size 9,872 Formation ->
"TT X unable to load Ground Units from Terra as the available capacity was insufficent for the target Formation"

and i just tested loading a size 937 formation, same error - the TT design does not look too wrong to me and should be able to handle this:

Code: [Select]
TT Austria  (Zambia class Troop Transport)      29,624 tons       186 Crew       687.7 BP       TCS 592    TH 750    EM 0
1265 km/s    JR 2-25(C)      Armour 1-85       Shields 0-0       HTK 68      Sensors 6/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 14    Max Repair 54.9 MSP
Troop Capacity 10,000 tons     Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 2   
Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 9 months   

Fuchida-O'Brien JC30K Commercial Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 30000 tons    Distance 25k km     Squadron Size 2

Airbus/ESA Commercial Improved Nuclear Pulse Engine  EP125.0 (6)    Power 750    Fuel Use 7.83%    Signature 125    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 500,000 Litres    Range 38.8 billion km (354 days at full power)

Philips Active Search Sensor AS30-R160 (1)     GPS 2560     Range 30m km    Resolution 160
Philips Thermal Sensor TH1.0-6 (1)     Sensitivity 6     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  19.4m km

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

Addendum: I just noticed the formation is loaded into the Transports but still gave that error. Maybe queuing 2 load orders for the 2-ship Transport fleet was the error?
Addendum 2: unloading both formations from the 2 ship fleet and loading 1 back in produces the pickup failed message again, but the TT has the formation loaded afterwards.
Addendum 3: My empire only has these 2 sub-10k formations (pic5) and the Troop Transport fleet states the capacity of 20k (pic6), and I know I moved a 50kt Brigade (a 10kt Brigade HQ, 3 10kt Regiments and 2 5kt support batallions) with 5 similar ships in 1.80, so I kinda wonder what is going wrong here.

The issue is that each ship is checking the load for every formation and creating events independently, resulting in events that are true but misleading. Ship B can't collect because Ship A already did, etc. I've changed the checks to the fleet level so an event will only be created if a formation is due for pickup and no ship can load it.

The same problem affects installations as well so I have made similar changes.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Eretzu

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2020, 06:52:03 AM »
I dont know if this is a bug, but i just lost all my military ships to maintenance failure, there maint clock was going down, so i did a overhaul on the ships but the problem was that there clock dident go down and they did use up all there MSPs and since they are overhauling i cannot resupply them, and there are no oway to cancel the overhaul.. so bang...

You were probably lacking maintenance space for the whole armada. Otherwise the maintenance failures should not happen.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2020, 06:52:26 AM »

Overhaul requires MSP, so without MSP at the pop the ships will use their own. You can cancel overhauls at the ship level. Click on the ship and then click the Leave Overhaul button.

Offline DoctorDanny

• D
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2020, 07:03:32 AM »
There's still something fishy going on with tankers.

1.9.3 Known stars decimal symbol=.

Gave this fleet the order to refuel from a fuel hub and transfer all fuel to colony.

Ended up with 5 tankers with 102% fuel and one empty.
Couldn't complete the order to transfer to colony, because the empty ship couldn't move.

Additional info. The tankers completely drained the fuel hub. Might be important.
Included screenshot and DB.

Edit: I didn't save before zipping the DB. Is it still useful then?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 07:28:56 AM by DoctorDanny »

Offline roug

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2020, 07:19:23 AM »

Overhaul requires MSP, so without MSP at the pop the ships will use their own. You can cancel overhauls at the ship level. Click on the ship and then click the Leave Overhaul button.

Ok, i think i start over :P i tought i had alot of maintenance supplies 50000 but it was nothing.. so i guess thats whats wrong.

Offline Darknote

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2020, 07:42:46 AM »
Aurora 1.   9.   2 Patch.   
Problem: Encountered 2 NPR's in the first JP explored (They are in the same system).    Game slowed down immensely taking 5 seconds per day.   It was 5-6 days per second before I generated the System. 
Construction Cycle Time = 86400
Random Star Systems (Not Known Stars)
Tactical Window Affected.   

Details:
What you were doing at the time? --> Nothing, just looking at the Tactical Map as my ships explored the system.   
Conventional or TN start? --? Conventional.   
Random or Real Stars? --> Random.   
Is your decimal separator a comma? --> No.   
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? --> One-off I presume? Attached DB to test (It's the game called united Nations of Earth 4)
If this is a long campaign? --> 40 years in.   
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 07:48:27 AM by Darknote »

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2020, 08:02:27 AM »
Looks like 1.9.2 got memory leaks in the NPR/System generation code.

To test I created a new game with 100 NPR:s, all other settings default. RAM use went up to 1.1GB and not going down with increments. After a save/reload it was using <600MB and staying there.

Not much to worry about. Taking a guess just being more careful to Dispose() disposable objects or even better use using would improve this.

Btw 100 NPR:s take you back to VB days in turn time so don't do that :)

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2020, 08:23:55 AM »
Since v1.9.0 I am getting "Error #1617 object not set to an instance of an object" every time I load/start game. It started on v1.9.0 and I got same in v1.9.2 here is screen shot. and DBs, (DB copy is V1.90) second is V1.9.2   Game plays okay after I press okay and have found no issues yet.

#1617 just converts a number into a string. What is your decimal separator?
 full stop .

v1.9.2
I can confirm this too. But only in certain save files apparently. Decimal separator "."
Attached is a DB to trigger the error.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 08:37:20 AM by pwhk »

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2020, 08:42:00 AM »
v1.9.2

With option "All Windows Linked to Race" checked on tactical map. If I change the Empire/Race drop down on the tactical map, Events window sometimes does not update until I change it a few more times. Not sure how to reliably reproduce however, but happen to me a lot.
Also, said option "All Windows Linked to Race" are not persisted within the save (i.e. if I save with the option on, and then close Aurora and restart, the option goes off.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 08:44:21 AM by pwhk »

Offline Yonder

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2020, 09:47:32 AM »

To test I created a new game with 100 NPR:s, all other settings default. RAM use went up to 1.1GB and not going down with increments. After a save/reload it was using <600MB and staying there.

Not much to worry about. Taking a guess just being more careful to Dispose() disposable objects or even better use using would improve this.

I highly recommend a static code analysis tool to help track down things like this, they'll be much, much more effective for finding this and a variety of other errors than looking manually.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2020, 09:53:07 AM »

The fact that you can have 100 NPRs and the game is no worse than it was in VB6 with one or two is really cool to me, though.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2020, 09:55:54 AM »
v1.9.2
Minor thing, looks like under the "Commanders" window, you can still find "Xenoarchaeology" filter in the drop down under Naval Officer search, despite I don't think it is used anymore (or will any Naval Officer have the skill)

Fixed, as well as one or two other similar problems. Will be available in the next db update release.

The following users thanked this post: pwhk