Author Topic: 3.0 Bugs  (Read 17399 times)

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
(No subject)
« Reply #165 on: July 01, 2008, 06:33:34 AM »
Quote from: "James Patten"
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
Fleet special orders "When fuel less than 20%" doesn't appear to kick in until fuel is at 10% or less.
I can't reproduce this one...
..just to be sure, I'll set up some situations where fuel is between 10 and 20% tonight when I play.

I set up a controlled condition, where I detached a parasite with 15% fuel and told it to join the mothership if fuel less than 20%.  In the turn afterward it joined the mothership's TG.

However, it seems when out in the field sailing from place to place, that it gets to where it wants to go before detecting the fuel situation and ordering a return home.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by James Patten »

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
(No subject)
« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2008, 07:00:43 AM »
This might sound completely unrelated but were there any sensor contacts in the system at the time you had the problem?

There were no sensor contacts; the only ships in system were mine. I have yet to find an inhabited planet, I usually manage to crash the game before I get that far :lol: .

Regards
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by IanD »
IanD

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #167 on: July 01, 2008, 08:25:19 AM »
Quote from: "IanD"
This might sound completely unrelated but were there any sensor contacts in the system at the time you had the problem?
There were no sensor contacts; the only ships in system were mine. I have yet to find an inhabited planet, I usually manage to crash the game before I get that far :lol: .

I managed to reproduce part of the bug where I ordered a ship in orbit of its homeworld to move to the planet and then begin overhaul. It started the overhaul without executing the move order first and then left the move order in the queue, causing repeated events stating it couldn't move while in overhaul. The cause of this problem was a contact in the system which caused an order delay. It turns out that order delays only affect the first order in the queue and the ship went straight to the next order and began an overhaul - oops! Normally this wouldn't be spotted because the second order will not usually be possible until the first order is completed. However in this case the ship was already in orbit so it was possible. I have fixed this for v3.1 but unfortunately I don't see how this could have caused the problem above, although it must be related in some way.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by SteveAlt »

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #168 on: July 01, 2008, 08:28:11 AM »
I set up a controlled condition, where I detached a parasite with 15% fuel and told it to join the mothership if fuel less than 20%.  In the turn afterward it joined the mothership's TG.

However, it seems when out in the field sailing from place to place, that it gets to where it wants to go before detecting the fuel situation and ordering a return home.

The conditional orders should override any existing order. Unlike default orders, they should also still be checked even if there are existing orders in the queue. I'll have to set this up and try and recreate the problem.

Steve

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #169 on: July 01, 2008, 02:12:56 PM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
While navigating the System Map window I had problems with displaying the third sytem I explored, eventually cumulating in a white screen which then reverted to blue with the error message  "Error 6 was generated by Aurora - Overflow - please report to etc. This then locked up the programme and some PC functions
Can you remember what you were doing and what problems you had before the white screen appeared? Were you zooming in or out for example?

Steve

This sounds like the condition that you get occasionally on the System view where it is max zoomed in on the star, which looks like a white screen. You zoom in again, and it errors out with the overflow.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #170 on: July 01, 2008, 09:58:23 PM »
I don't think anyone else are reported this one.  I've built a gunboat tender with hyper capable engines and placed 6 GB in the hanger that are not hyper capable.  Ship is in a binary system with the B component only accessible by hyperdrive.  Once the tender is outside the hyper limit it still is not allowed to engage the hyperdrive.  

I was trying to have a war between binary component races.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Charlie Beeler »
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2008, 06:20:57 AM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
I don't think anyone else are reported this one.  I've built a gunboat tender with hyper capable engines and placed 6 GB in the hanger that are not hyper capable.  Ship is in a binary system with the B component only accessible by hyperdrive.  Once the tender is outside the hyper limit it still is not allowed to engage the hyperdrive.  

I was trying to have a war between binary component races.

Fixed for v3.1. I didn't update the fleet hyper-capable check after I introduced parasites.

In v3.1 races in different components of a system may be able to fight over lagrange points as well (if they both have a superjovian).

Steve

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2008, 06:30:39 AM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
This sounds like the condition that you get occasionally on the System view where it is max zoomed in on the star, which looks like a white screen. You zoom in again, and it errors out with the overflow.

This should already be fixed for v3.1. You can zoom into 200 meters (!!) before you have a problem. In fact, I will block the zoom beyond a certain point (1 km zoomed in and about 5 LY zoomed out) to avoid the problem altogether.

Steve

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
(No subject)
« Reply #173 on: July 03, 2008, 05:04:23 PM »
I just had a geo survey squadron refuse to transit a jump point for no obvious reason. The squadron has a jump tender of 5200 tons while the two survey craft are 2900 tons. the only thing I can think of is that in the past the jump tender damaged its jump engine and had it repaired, there is no damage showing in the damage control display. Since I am expanding very slowly I have not used it as a jump ship since it was damaged. Somewhere the program still thinks the jump engine is off line!  :?

Is this a bug or have I missed something?

Regards
IanD

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
(No subject)
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2008, 07:52:26 AM »
I just had a geo survey squadron refuse to transit a jump point for no obvious reason. The squadron has a jump tender of 5200 tons while the two survey craft are 2900 tons. the only thing I can think of is that in the past the jump tender damaged its jump engine and had it repaired, there is no damage showing in the damage control display. Since I am expanding very slowly I have not used it as a jump ship since it was damaged. Somewhere the program still thinks the jump engine is off line!  :?

Is this a bug or have I missed something?

Regards

What error or event message is shown (if any)?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by ZimRathbone »
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
(No subject)
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2008, 08:33:35 AM »

Event screen showed "Transit Failure, One or more ships is larger than the capacity of the Jump Drive etc"

I tried the jump ship alone and it still wouldn't transit! :?

Regards
IanD

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
(No subject)
« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2008, 09:39:46 AM »

Event screen showed "Transit Failure, One or more ships is larger than the capacity of the Jump Drive etc"

Regards

Check the jump ship on the F6 screen. Make sure "Jump Active" is checked. Upper right area.

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2008, 09:58:41 AM »

Have a look at the F6 Ship window for the jump ship and see if the Jump Engine Active checkbox is checked. Its at the top, the right of the commander name.

Steve

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
(No subject)
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2008, 04:33:42 PM »
Have a look at the F6 Ship window for the jump ship and see if the Jump Engine Active checkbox is checked. Its at the top, the right of the commander name.

No the jump drive Active box was not ticked. Do you have to do this every time a jump drive is repaired?

Regards
IanD

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
(No subject)
« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2008, 10:37:58 AM »

No the jump drive Active box was not ticked. Do you have to do this every time a jump drive is repaired?

Regards

Not sure, Steve will correct me if I am wrong, but I think when the jump drive gets damaged/destroyed, that box gets unchecked to show that the ship is not jump capable. Maybe if the repair function turned it back on too.

C3P-O "What do you mean the hyperdrive is off?"