Author Topic: Critique My Ground Elements  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
Re: Critique My Ground Elements
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2020, 01:28:19 AM »
The one environmental capability I think offensive troops really should have is Extreme Temperature Combat. Nearly every planet you haven't already terraformed is going to be an extreme temperature planet. You'll be getting what you paid for pretty much any time you drop troops with that.

All the other conditions are relatively rare, except low gravity which is extremely common in the galaxy but is significantly less likely to be an important invasion target.
I also use FFD modules as secondary for my command vehicles, because I think it's awfull idea to combine command vehicle with heavy artillery or AA (though Aurora does not penalize for this - shots are not attracting enemy fire), and there is no other sensible option - you cannot select HQ module as secondary one, and construction modules are too heavy, that's substationally increasing both cost and transport size / chances of being destroyed.
AA is supposed to attract enemy fire...when the enemy is conducting an AA-hunting mission with their ground-attack fighters.

Since AFAIK the AI currently doesn't use ground-attack fighters, AA's inability to draw their fire is counterbalanced by its inability to serve any real purpose...

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Critique My Ground Elements
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2020, 09:43:23 AM »
Since AFAIK the AI currently doesn't use ground-attack fighters, AA's inability to draw their fire is counterbalanced by its inability to serve any real purpose...

AA tends to make decent AT. Same damage half pen. Ofc why use an AA weapon for AT when you can use AT for AT but still worth knowing.