Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 70666 times)

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #495 on: March 19, 2021, 03:45:25 PM »
2nd screen shot looks like you've successfully changed numbers like starting military academies. Does the error happen when you click create race?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #496 on: March 19, 2021, 03:50:21 PM »
Thank You.     I've keep both the commas and periods were appropriate and still have the problems:

You have Minimum NPR Distance set to 75 LY and Maximum NPR Distance set to 50 LY. Try switching those around so they're in the correct order (Min < Max) and see if that solves it.

Offline wilhecomp2

• Leading Rate
  • Death B4 Dishonor
« Reply #497 on: March 19, 2021, 05:12:55 PM »
nuclearslurpee

Opps. . . .

You were right. . . .     I switched the 75 to Max and 60 to Min. . . . .

Thank you

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #498 on: March 22, 2021, 12:09:02 PM »
Changing a cycle command: A command chain set on cycle leads to an interesting effect when one changes the last command. I had exchanged a fuel depot fleet with a new fuel depot because the old one didn't work - I had to add a refueling hub. So I thought I could simply change the refuel fleets when that command is at the last position in the queue. But that somehow garbles the flight direction of the refueling fleet. They simply go off into space not flying towards the target planet anymore.

A bit strange and I cannot pinpoint it exactly but this is at close as I could get to the bottom of some fleets flying off into the distance.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #499 on: March 22, 2021, 12:20:21 PM »
Changing a cycle command: A command chain set on cycle leads to an interesting effect when one changes the last command. I had exchanged a fuel depot fleet with a new fuel depot because the old one didn't work - I had to add a refueling hub. So I thought I could simply change the refuel fleets when that command is at the last position in the queue. But that somehow garbles the flight direction of the refueling fleet. They simply go off into space not flying towards the target planet anymore.

A bit strange and I cannot pinpoint it exactly but this is at close as I could get to the bottom of some fleets flying off into the distance.

Does this happen if you turn off order cycling, make the change, and turn cycling back on? If nothing else knowing a workaround will help anyone else with the same bug.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #500 on: March 22, 2021, 12:37:13 PM »
Haven't checked if the error occurs this way also... . I'll check.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #501 on: March 22, 2021, 03:08:27 PM »
V1.12
====

After a fuel transfer to a fuel hub, the fuel ship has a negative value of -137.150. Attached is a zip that contains the DB before and after the transaction. Before is a little time before it happens (29-Aug) and after is on (15-Oct).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UIPtHpLrSnK-Url5uYs5WsSaxl6V0DZx/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Also the Fuel Depot with the refuel hub is loaded over its maximum. Somehow this over amount of fuel is added beyond the capacity of the fuel depot.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 01:58:12 PM by TMaekler »

Offline bsh

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
« Reply #502 on: March 24, 2021, 07:31:27 AM »
So I tried to use the advanced search to look these up on the bugs thread, but didn't quite found this, but it can be my fault. Probably used wrong search terms.

Bug #1: combo grav+geo survey ship standing orders: survey next body, survey next survey location, if fuel less than 30% - refuel and resupply at colony or hub (all), if deployment exceeded - refuel, resupply and overhaul. Whenever deployment time is exceeded, I get two error messages (I'll look up the function number when I'm at home) in a row, then the ship goes to overhaul site, but does not refuel or resupply.

#2: survey ship standing orders: survey next three bodies or survey locations, move to system requiring grav survey (the rest is as above). when all known systems are fully surveyed, some ships still decide to move to a specific system (there's nothing there to survey), and then jump back through the entry jump point, then again to the system, forever. sometimes even if not all systems are surveyed, it still chooses some random system (relative nearby) instead of one that actually needs survey, and goes there and does the back and forth jumping.

#3: when an allied race gives me grav survey information, the log says something like "blah blah blah data provided by" - I guess it should be followed by the race's name or maybe their ship's name, but nothing.

#4: i think this is already reported: when transporting multiple installations with own freighters, they only unload some fraction of it at the target. sometimes a fraction even gets lost.

The function number: - will look this up if needed.
The complete error text: - will look up.
The window affected: - all
What you were doing at the time: - probably smoking.
Conventional or TN start: - TN
Random or Real Stars: - real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - normally yes but changed it
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: - roughly 200 years but it was happening in the beginning too

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #503 on: March 24, 2021, 09:37:19 AM »
Bug #1: combo grav+geo survey ship standing orders: survey next body, survey next survey location, if fuel less than 30% - refuel and resupply at colony or hub (all), if deployment exceeded - refuel, resupply and overhaul. Whenever deployment time is exceeded, I get two error messages (I'll look up the function number when I'm at home) in a row, then the ship goes to overhaul site, but does not refuel or resupply.
Known and fixed in upcoming 1.13. Rest of your list never heard of...

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #504 on: March 30, 2021, 04:54:51 PM »
A refuel fleet with two tankers inside when added as a sub-fleet and both ships set to "refuel own fleet tankers" to refuel the fuel depot will lead to one of the two tankers emptied and the other one will never be touched. They are two different classes of tankers (one older class with a slower FPH transfer volume). Maybe it is caused by that?
Also, if I set only one of them to refuel the base fleet it automatically refuels the other tanker and no fuel goes to the base fleet.

Offline Needler

• Leading Rate
  • N
Missile Bug
« Reply #505 on: March 31, 2021, 10:25:56 PM »
Having an issue with my missile pod fleets.  I like to group missile pods in large bunches of say 100 and detach smaller bunches to deal with individual targets.  I had a pair of spoiler ships squadron transit in and begin a run back out the warp point.  I detached 2 groups of 10 and 15 at the same time and fired.  Both launched correctly but failed to kill either ship.  I then detached 2 more groups of 10 and fired.  Both groups reported successful launches and the missiles were gone from the magazines, but the missiles never appeared on the tactical screen.  I detached more groups over several more pulses, varying the names and double checking target and launch settings.  Those missiles disappeared too.  After the enemy escaped (should have been dead 3 times over. . . ) I went back over the pods and could find nothing amiss.  There were some beam warships also shooting, they showed no abnormal behavior.  This has happened before, but that game bugdeathed shortly after, so I chalked it up to that.  Will add DB when I have more time.     

The function number: No error
The complete error text: n/a
The window affected: Tactical
What you were doing at the time: Missile Combat
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: Yes
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Has happened Twice, am Reloading and waiting. . .
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 25 years

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Missile Bug
« Reply #506 on: March 31, 2021, 10:33:56 PM »
Having an issue with my missile pod fleets.  I like to group missile pods in large bunches of say 100 and detach smaller bunches to deal with individual targets.  I had a pair of spoiler ships squadron transit in and begin a run back out the warp point.  I detached 2 groups of 10 and 15 at the same time and fired.  Both launched correctly but failed to kill either ship.  I then detached 2 more groups of 10 and fired.  Both groups reported successful launches and the missiles were gone from the magazines, but the missiles never appeared on the tactical screen.  I detached more groups over several more pulses, varying the names and double checking target and launch settings.  Those missiles disappeared too.  After the enemy escaped (should have been dead 3 times over. . . ) I went back over the pods and could find nothing amiss.  There were some beam warships also shooting, they showed no abnormal behavior.  This has happened before, but that game bugdeathed shortly after, so I chalked it up to that.  Will add DB when I have more time.     

The function number: No error
The complete error text: n/a
The window affected: Tactical
What you were doing at the time: Missile Combat
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: Yes
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Has happened Twice, am Reloading and waiting. . .
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 25 years

Can you confirm that your version number is 1.12? I'm not sure but this sounds like something I remember seeing attributed as a bug in 1.5 that was later patched out.

Offline Needler

• Leading Rate
  • N
Missile Bug
« Reply #507 on: March 31, 2021, 10:35:09 PM »
Yes, version 1. 12

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #508 on: April 01, 2021, 09:57:51 AM »
What was the cause of the bugdeath? Did this save come with the cardinal sin of DB editing at any point? If yes, what did you edit?

Offline Pesinario

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • P
  • I am not the greatest aurora player out there
  • Discord Username: Pesinario#8142
« Reply #509 on: April 01, 2021, 04:57:29 PM »
TL;DR: Mass drivers with only restricted minerals to send seem to be buggy.
  • The function number: 1412
  • The complete error text: 1. 12. 0 Function #1412: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.
  • The window affected: Tactical
  • What you were doing at the time: Passing time
  • Conventional start
  • Real stars
  • Decimal separator is a period
  • Is the bug easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Somewhat consistent, read below
  • 35 years in (1000->1035)
So, i ran into this bug (Image attached) while passing time (Anywhere from 2-100 times that error message), started after i created a couple of new ships, three at a time, one was able to get fueled completely, one partially and the last one not at all, this may be related or not.  (I added this here because the situation described below is a common occurrence in my games and never had any issues before)
The cause seems to be related to this other bug report from v1. 9. 5 (hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=11298. msg131674#msg131674) (What for him showed up as #2092, the mineral tab works fine for me).
After trying a couple of things, setting mass driver destination to "None", saving, and restarting the game ended out fixing it.  Then i tried one by one with my few colonies and figured out that the one creating the issue was mercury, which had no mineral production, two mass drivers and the only minerals it had were the ones reserved in the stockpile for ground unit production.  (I have done this before without any issues)
I have attached a screenshot of the error message and the game file in case you want to check it yourself (Pesinario's Game #9).