Author Topic: v1.13.0 Changes Discussion Thread  (Read 46696 times)

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: v1.13.0 Changes Discussion Thread
« Reply #285 on: February 15, 2021, 11:51:38 AM »
Thank God for the change removing ground force size limitation to Commanders.  I often had to go back in and change out Commanders in larger formations because the auto assign wanted to assign a guy with GCB of 5,000 to command my Armor Corp of 600K.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #286 on: February 15, 2021, 11:57:39 AM »
Question: does the random targeting for 2-stage missiles also apply to single-stage missiles that have onboard sensors and had their target be destroyed before the missiles reached the target?

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #287 on: February 15, 2021, 02:24:07 PM »
Thank God for the change removing ground force size limitation to Commanders.  I often had to go back in and change out Commanders in larger formations because the auto assign wanted to assign a guy with GCB of 5,000 to command my Armor Corp of 600K.

I had the opposite problem, my skilled leaders with 2,000 ton GCC wouldn't auto-fill any 5,000-ton battalion command even though mechanically nothing prevented them from taking that command and they would still give 40% of their bonuses - better than nothing! This is a good change, possibly the best of this latest batch for me although there's a lot in there.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #288 on: February 15, 2021, 02:33:32 PM »
Good to see mines are back and I love the setup for spoilers.

Nice touch adding the Travelled distance and I agree with the decision of removing the commander combat bonus. It was an interesting idea, however, it was too hard sometimes to find the right officers considering they do not rain already. Ultimately was also a limitation in the size of some custom corps.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #289 on: February 15, 2021, 06:05:33 PM »
I can't help but wonder and ask this question. Are there any specific goals with 1.13? It does seem like it is a much larger update than previous ones. Though IIRC 1.11 (1.12? Cant seem to remember) was very large with the whole invader stuff.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #290 on: February 15, 2021, 06:24:50 PM »
I can't help but wonder and ask this question. Are there any specific goals with 1.13? It does seem like it is a much larger update than previous ones. Though IIRC 1.11 (1.12? Cant seem to remember) was very large with the whole invader stuff.

You're thinking 1.10 which added invaders. 1.11 was quite small from the change log, and 1.12 had unit replacement series as the "big" feature along with many smaller additions.

1.13 is definitely pretty big as we've already seen a number of new big features, notably reduced-size railguns, which will basically add a whole new class of fighters to play with, and the misc components. Plus a large amount of very popular QoL changes. I suspect at this point probably we will see release when Steve "finishes" his current fiction campaign which is basically the testbed for a lot of these changes.

The following users thanked this post: Droll

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #291 on: February 16, 2021, 04:25:40 AM »

No specific goal, although it is getting larger :)

The update is mainly the result of bug fixes, a trawl through the suggestions thread and some changes to fix issues I encountered myself. As you might guess from the import/export changes I am probably going to start a new campaign soon. The current one has four Swarm races, all of which were spawned by NPRs and are beating up those NPRs, which is why I added the option to specify which spoilers would be generated by NPRs. I am probably going to run a Swarm-free campaign, as I have fought them a lot in recent campaigns so I would like a different challenge. I'm also going to start smaller and push the starting NPRs further out to allow more of a build-up phase.

I've not been very active in the last month or two for a few reasons, one of which is my new trading hobby which is taking time away from my Aurora hobby :)  However, I have some stocks that I want to mainly hold for a while so that gives me time to focus on Aurora for the next few weeks. I'll probably run the new campaign for a while to test the recent changes and then look at a potential release.

The following users thanked this post: Droll, unkfester, Ektor, nuclearslurpee

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #292 on: February 16, 2021, 06:39:56 AM »
Don't hold those stocks over the upcoming market crash...  ::)

The following users thanked this post: Ektor, Gabrote42

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #293 on: February 16, 2021, 07:04:39 AM »
Don't hold those stocks over the upcoming market crash...  ::)

I'm entirely in mineral exploration stocks so they are less affected by the general movements of the stock market (famous last words!).

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #294 on: February 16, 2021, 07:38:38 AM »
I'm entirely in mineral exploration stocks so they are less affected by the general movements of the stock market (famous last words!).
Why am I not surprised you are mainly into MINERALS...  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Ektor

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #295 on: February 16, 2021, 07:17:23 PM »
I would be slightly cautious with anything related to minerals right now. https://silverprice.org/
As of right now, I believe Silver especially is overpriced, it has only been higher than $20 USD once in the last five years. Now it is all the way up at $27. Gold is on a downwards trend I think, but Gold always tends upwards long term, so that won't be an issue I believe.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #296 on: February 16, 2021, 07:36:05 PM »
I would be slightly cautious with anything related to minerals right now. https://silverprice.org/
As of right now, I believe Silver especially is overpriced, it has only been higher than $20 USD once in the last five years. Now it is all the way up at $27. Gold is on a downwards trend I think, but Gold always tends upwards long term, so that won't be an issue I believe.

Okay but how is the duranium market?

The following users thanked this post: serger, BAGrimm, Ektor

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #297 on: February 16, 2021, 09:08:52 PM »

Duranium is weak stock. Invest in gallicite

Offline liveware

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
« Reply #298 on: February 16, 2021, 10:09:18 PM »

Duranium is weak stock. Invest in gallicite

Gold has served me well... I mean gallicite.
Open the pod-bay doors HAL...

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #299 on: February 17, 2021, 12:44:54 AM »
Oops... I derailed the "Change Discussion Thread" into a stock market floor...  ;)