Author Topic: 4.1 Suggestions  (Read 9420 times)

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: 4.1 Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 05:27:27 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
On the research tab, in addition to the Queue button, a "Queue Top". Please :)
Queue Top button added to v4.1

Steve

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 05:32:19 PM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
On the research tab, in addition to the Queue button, a "Queue Top". Please :)
Queue Top button added to v4.1

Steve
Cool! Thank you Steve.
Welchbloke

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 12:58:37 PM »
Raise hand..*_* Queue Top are very damned useful,ty Steve.
And am raise the second hand for gave: Set destination and select them from a "possible list" in 4 jump away.Are a greatest in Naval programm help.
When a "Imperium" growth all "help" are incredible welcome.Am think at UR "Commonwhealth Campaign" ive a very hard to manage ur Squadroon,understand where,when,why,who...send a tanker,a transports,take missiles,refueling orders..drive me crazy:)
i will try to lead this "scenario",before begin a one meself.For know ur Missile tactics,selection,design..etc.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 05:21:49 PM »
Precursors may be too common in about 20 systems surveyed , there are 4 which seem to have precurors

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »
Quote from: "Andrew"
Precursors may be too common in about 20 systems surveyed , there are 4 which seem to have precurors
Precursors can appear at ruin sites with the chance being based on the type of ruin. There is also a 1 in 15 chance that smaller precursor vessels may be found in any system (trapped there by the ancient war).

Steve

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 08:20:05 AM »
This is actually something I've run into in lower versions.  A need for a tech to allow a mothership to perform repairs to docked parsite ships.  (ie carriers repairing/maintaining fighters)  functionally, hanger bays should allow this.  

With my background in military aviation a carrier not having the ability to repair damaged sub-systems on assigned fighters is just wrong.  :D  

Yes there is a potential of abuse of this basic concept to create fleet repair docks.  That's not neccessarily a bad thing.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 10:36:16 AM »
In many many novels,WE r the LAST being to reach the Stars:)..so probably Steve r more cautios on "percent" for Precursors encounter probability.Steve play at Megatraveller and there Mankind run toward an HUGE (more than 10000 world colonized in 2000years BEFORE the Human history) Empire...just 1 Parsec away from Sol...
HOPE this arent a REAL in our REAL universe..:D

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
This is actually something I've run into in lower versions.  A need for a tech to allow a mothership to perform repairs to docked parsite ships.  (ie carriers repairing/maintaining fighters)  functionally, hanger bays should allow this.  

With my background in military aviation a carrier not having the ability to repair damaged sub-systems on assigned fighters is just wrong.  :D  

Yes there is a potential of abuse of this basic concept to create fleet repair docks.  That's not neccessarily a bad thing.

I'd also like to see motherships have the ability to repair damaged sub-systems for parasites.  I suppose that this could be another tech line that starts with machines shops (for want of a better term) that could assist in the repair of a certain number of HS.  As the tech improved you could either increase the amount of HS repaired per machine shop or the time taken for a repair (or maybe both).  If you keep the number of HS per machine shop reasonably low and make the machine shops large enough then players wouldn't find the creation of FRDs viable until well into the game.
Welchbloke

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 01:55:17 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Andrew"
Precursors can appear at ruin sites with the chance being based on the type of ruin. There is also a 1 in 15 chance that smaller precursor vessels may be found in any system (trapped there by the ancient war).

Steve
Steve, do precursors appear if I use the add ruins button?  The reason is that I'm considering a campaign that begins with a race discovering it is the remnants of a greater empire and I had planned to have a liberal scattering of ruins around the starting solar system.  Of course if I'm going to create a torrent of precursors I may have to rethink the idea :)
Welchbloke

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 02:25:08 PM »
I am having problems with increment adjustment when precursors are near by. My fleet has managed to move several days into the system and it seems the precursors have exhausted all their missiles, they are also beyond detection range of the player ships. Every time , i move things on I get a 10 second increment due to the proximit of the aliens after about 10 minutes of this there is no sign of them and no way to progress at any speed.
I think there needs to be some checking on if it is necessary to stop every 10 seconds if nothing has changed presumably the precursor ships know what they are doing and it would be better if there was only an interupt when they need to change their minds or when they are noticed by the player . Earlier after the missile engagment ended , 1 day increments where possible while the fleet moved across the system

Calrification , by giving myself some ships with truly implausible sensors I located the precursors and they are about 2 billion km from any of my ships, they where probably closer when I was having 1 day increments succesfully
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 02:53:58 PM by Andrew »

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 06:09:23 AM »

With my background in military aviation a carrier not having the ability to repair damaged sub-systems on assigned fighters is just wrong.  :D (4000tons maintenance-repair,plus engineers,spare,fuel..engine for drive them..asd asd..) am think an really "maintenance Vessel" r very big ship.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 09:41:00 AM »
Steve – When most of the urgent needs have been met what about a new tech of medical advancement (or some such fancy name). The effect would be to ameliorate the effects of radiation poisoning (eg safer bone marrow transplants, more effective anticancer drugs & prophylaxes) and extended life spans. Useful when one has carelessly irradiated ones home planet! :wink: ) each of which could beneficially affect a given percentage (small) of the host population. But I think that may be going over the top. Would probably need to be species specific (ie not transferable to an alien race).

Regards
IanD

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 11:51:05 AM »
Quote from: "waresky"

With my background in military aviation a carrier not having the ability to repair damaged sub-systems on assigned fighters is just wrong.  :D (4000tons maintenance-repair,plus engineers,spare,fuel..engine for drive them..asd asd..) am think an really "maintenance Vessel" r very big ship.

Currently there is no means of one ship repairing another.  Ships, with engineering modules, can perform self-repair provided there are enough maintenance supplies available.  The maintenance module does not provide this function.  The only other means of repairing a ship is in a shipyard.  

My proposal is effectively to allow hanger bays function as a means of repairing an assigned fighters, possibly any assigned parasite ships, internal systems.  maybe even a fighters or gunboats armor but not anything larger.  That should remain a shipyard function.  If a new tech is developed for the creation of fleet repair docks purhaps it could also repair ship armor.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »
On the "Manage Shipyards" tab, exclude any class with zero ships in the class from the "refit from" list.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 03:04:14 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
On the "Manage Shipyards" tab, exclude any class with zero ships in the class from the "refit from" list.
I would like to see this as well.
Welchbloke