Author Topic: v4.4 Bugs  (Read 11267 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Possible Bugs
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 04:46:36 PM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
The 'Ground Units' tab also no longer displays the 'Actual [Occupation] Strength' and 'Police Modifier' values correctly.  Actually, it doesn't show any values at all. Would it be possible to get a display of how much unrest the ground forces are currently suppressing (or rather, capable of suppressing)?
The code for this area is missing. Not sure why but I have fixed the problem by rewriting it :). There are now four boxes in this section for v4.42.

1) Required Occupation Strength: Which is equal to Population x Species Attributes Mod x Pop Status Occupation Mod
2) Actual Occupation Strength, which is equal to the total defence strength of the forces on the planet or in PDCs
3) Police Strength, which is equal to Actual Occupation Strength - Required Occupation Strength
4) Police Modifier, which is the annual amount of unrest reduced. This is equal to (Police Strength / (Population x Species Attributes Mod)) x 100

Species Attributes Mod = (Determination + Militancy + Xenophobia) /300
Pop Status Occupation Mod is based on the Pop Political Status. Conquered = 1, Occupied = 0.75, Subjugated = 0.25, Slave Colony = 1.5. All the others are zero; which includes Vanquished as that requires ships in orbit.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »
Error in TransferPopulation:  Error 3265 in DAO.fields, "Item not found in this collection."  The error was generated when I conquered an (SM-run) NPR colony.
Fixed. This was a minor problem that shouldn't affect your existing game. The only problem it will cause it that an NPR wouldn't designate a new capital population if you captured the existing one.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v4.4 Bugs
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
Got the following errors. using 4.41

First, I get a SM Only message in the log, stating:
"Increment Adjustment"  -  "Increment length adjustetd due to imminent action. This may involve two NPRs fighting."

Then I get an
Error in UpdateAllSensors
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow
Please report...

When I hit OK, I get

Error in UpdateGameEvents
Division by Zero
Please report...

Running 5-day increments, time got adjusted to:
0:00:22:55 (first time this happened)
0:00:00:00 (second time)
0:00:00:00

looks like I am stuck at 0 sec updates

windows open: Event log, Economy

Neither using the system map nor the galaxy map to advance time helped.

Edit: Went back to 4.4, but the bug is still there.
I can't reproduce it but I think it may be caused by the program trying to calculate a very large distance. I have seen this before when using the currency data type for this type of calculation. I have changed the variables I think are being affected from Currency to Double. I'll put out a new version tonight that won't affect your saved game. Let me know if it fixes the problem.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 05:06:36 PM »
I've released a v4.42 patch that includes all the above bug-fixes. It won't affect saved games.

Steve

Online Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »
On accessing the economy screen with the 4.42 patch applied
error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by zero

Happens on opening the economics and when a ground unit is attached to an HQ

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 06:58:09 PM »
CIWS is not listed as a Category in the Technology Report screen

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 07:09:50 PM »
One of my GE TGs has the conditional order to refuel at nearest colony, it fired during the automatic time increments and stopped the cycle but no event was shown on the System Map (I have show events selected).

Another event that does not get shown in the System View is the discovery of minerals, although it will sometimes show when another even happens at the same time. That being said, it is good that it is not treated as a break to the auto increment because that would be a pain :)

Can you display an event and yet not have it break the auto increment? I love watching the fleets move about the system map and I might be able to see the event flashing up on the screen but I personally wouldn't want it to interrupt (not sure on others though, you folks like to stop and look at every mineral find?).

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »
Steve -

I just encountered this situation, which, while it isn't technically a bug, can potentially be very annoying if it crops up.  

I decided to play with 4.4 for a while.  I started a new campaign, and decided to do a non-solar system start.  After generating the universe I selected the SM Race and opened the system window to begin generating the system for my race.  The very first system I generated had a beautiful oxy-nitrogen planet suitable for a race, so I selected that planet and generated my empire.  I spent quite a while setting up my empire, and although I almost always do a low-tech start, as that interests me most, I decided to do a fairly high-tech start this time.  I spent a fair amount of time upgrading the race's tech levels to where I wanted them, then designed my ship systems, then designed my ships.  Finally, I had my race where I wanted and hit the five-day time advance.  Aurora advanced an hour and then gave a bunch of thermal contact reports, all on or around my home planet.  After a second I realized what had happened.  As stated above, the planet was an O/N planet, and apparently Aurora randomly determined that an NPR would be there.  

Now, in this case, it isn't a big deal.  I decided to go with it, and make it part of my test campaign.  However, if this was a "for-real" campaign, where I had a definite idea of how I wanted it to be set up and had spent a lot of time setting it up, this would be a big problem that I would only discover after spending the time to set it up.  After thinking about it for a while I realized that I could reduce the NPR generation chance to 0 on the game screen at least while I am generating my initial race, but it also occured to me that it is never a good thing to have an NPR randomly created while generating systems for my initial race.  After all, if an NPR is generated in a system I am going to delete it clutters the database and slows the system generation down, and if it is in a system that I'm going to use then it complicates the setup.  Is there any way to suppress the generation of NPR's during the initial player race creation?

Kurt

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 09:02:13 PM »
I used the SM to place a Random Ruin on Mars and then transferred a Xeno team over and just left it to work away. Some time later I got a message saying that the Xeno team were down searching the Damaged Installation. But, when I go to the Summary tab it says that Abandoned Installations is '??' and also that '(unknown race - xenologist team required)'.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
I used the SM to place a Random Ruin on Mars and then transferred a Xeno team over and just left it to work away. Some time later I got a message saying that the Xeno team were down searching the Damaged Installation. But, when I go to the Summary tab it says that Abandoned Installations is '??' and also that '(unknown race - xenologist team required)'.

Ive had the same thing from a randomly generated ruin on Mercury
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 10:16:20 PM »
Quote from: "Andrew"
On accessing the economy screen with the 4.42 patch applied
error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by zero

Happens on opening the economics and when a ground unit is attached to an HQ

I'm getting this too, with the header "Error in PopulateGU"

In addition, ground combat appears to be borked.  I can initiate it, and in the results screen I can see that Aurora is calculating the odds of ground unit loss, but nothing happens after that, no damage is applied, no GU's are damaged.  In addition, I get an error message relating to ground combat.  

Kurt

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 11:21:44 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
Got the following errors. using 4.41

First, I get a SM Only message in the log, stating:
"Increment Adjustment"  -  "Increment length adjustetd due to imminent action. This may involve two NPRs fighting."

Then I get an
Error in UpdateAllSensors
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow
Please report...

When I hit OK, I get

Error in UpdateGameEvents
Division by Zero
Please report...

Running 5-day increments, time got adjusted to:
0:00:22:55 (first time this happened)
0:00:00:00 (second time)

looks like I am stuck at 0 sec updates

windows open: Event log, Economy

Neither using the system map nor the galaxy map to advance time helped.

Edit: Went back to 4.4, but the bug is still there.
I can't reproduce it but I think it may be caused by the program trying to calculate a very large distance. I have seen this before when using the currency data type for this type of calculation. I have changed the variables I think are being affected from Currency to Double. I'll put out a new version tonight that won't affect your saved game. Let me know if it fixes the problem.

Steve

Just tried 4.4.2.
Unfortunately, the bug stil persists
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 11:23:11 PM »
 -  A 'new mineral deposit found' event from my geology team bumped Mercassium from 19,925.27 tons to 100,000.00 tons.  Should that be "+100,000 tons" instead of "to 100,000 tons"?
No, that looks correct. I put in a maximum amount for geology teams to find. Although I guess that penalises planets with larger existing deposits so maybe it should be +100,000.

I've hit this "feature" :-) several times myself.

John

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 05:30:07 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
Ruins were changed for v4.3. The Xeno Team now identifies to which alien race the ruins belong and how many installations could be recovered. Until that point, you don't know which race it is or how many installations so you will see the above text. When the race/installations is revealed, you will need an engineer regiment to recover the installations. There was a thread about this but I can't remember which one.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 05:34:16 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
 -  A 'new mineral deposit found' event from my geology team bumped Mercassium from 19,925.27 tons to 100,000.00 tons.  Should that be "+100,000 tons" instead of "to 100,000 tons"?
No, that looks correct. I put in a maximum amount for geology teams to find. Although I guess that penalises planets with larger existing deposits so maybe it should be +100,000.

I've hit this "feature" :-) several times myself.

John
I've changed it so the total minerals is increased by the amount found, rather than to the amount found.

Steve