Author Topic: Game discussion  (Read 17555 times)

Offline shadenight123

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • Gamer's thoughts-my blog
Re: Game discussion
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2011, 03:04:19 PM »
I think I agree with Destra. A restart would probably be a lot less repetitive if we'd just start with basic trans newtonian tech. We could start with less bonus starting tech though? Basic trans newtonian start (0 RP) already gives you the basic tech of everything which might be 3x or 4x the tech of what we already researched in our few turns in the current game.
I don't really care though. Playing will be fun anyway. I think I'll keep playing as the NDR though, as the only other 'nation' I'd like to play as would be the EU, and I doubt shadownight would let me have Italy ;)

SHADENIGHT!
you just earned yourself a most probably future purge of your civilization from the universe -.-''
and i'm scomunicating you! having control of the vatican city!
there you go. You evil hellish spawn of hell!.
that said yeah, i'm keeping italy or should i say neo-italy.
(and unknown to all i had to start reaping benefit from my invasive tourism method this turn by assimilating albania without fighting)
people die all the time, it's not a problem.
it is if you're sending them to die.
i'm not. they just need to learn to be better.
at NOT BREATHING ON MARS!?
they need NOT TO CARE!
my blog (updated 17/12/2011) (updated every saturday):
http://shadenight123.blogspot.com/

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »
Shadow, shade. Whatever.
And who wants Albania anyway :P The only reason I vaguely know where it is is Europa Universalis. Well, I obviously knew before that it was somewhere in eastern Europa but where.?

Offline Destra

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2011, 03:53:50 PM »
Ok we should take a vote, who votes to continue the current game?

Who votes to restart?

Simply because the general feeling I'm getting is restart but who knows,

Myself in some ways I wana keep goin cuzz I like my researchers and a few other things that I got going for me :p also if we do restart, would we keep the same fluff or would we create a new one?

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2011, 03:55:59 PM »
If we can keep the old database and panopticon will tell the new GM what he was plotting and why, I'd like to continue.
Restarting is fine with me as well.
I actually don't really care, playing will be fun anyway :P

Offline shadenight123

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »
If we can keep the old database and panopticon will tell the new GM what he was plotting and why, I'd like to continue.
Restarting is fine with me as well.
I actually don't really care, playing will be fun anyway :P

same here.

Shadow, shade. Whatever.
And who wants Albania anyway :P The only reason I vaguely know where it is is Europa Universalis. Well, I obviously knew before that it was somewhere in eastern Europa but where.?

the land is the land. it's people have already been removed from the scenery by the neo-italian shrewd politics of house buying and workplace mobbings.
only neo-italians are in albania right nows.
my clones will rule the world...one TOURIST at a time. MWUAHUAHUAHAU MWUHAUHAUHA.
they need NOT TO CARE!

Offline Destra

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »
One reason we don't accept tourists :p also on a side note, should we restart I claim germany or the area around it where it used to be :p

So ya, we just need to get going soon, I'm itchen to continue :p

Offline Vynadan (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2011, 03:40:31 AM »
Claiming Germany on a restart might bring you troubles with the Northern Kingdom xD

I'd veto a restart.
I'm all for continuing and making a new game (both if panopticon returns / you guys want to).

Offline Destra

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2011, 11:09:48 AM »
Well that's if we have different fluff as in no invasion, though if we restart with same fluff then ill keep same starting lands :p

Offline FGRaptor

• Petty Officer
    • Minecraft Creations
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
Well, this is an interesting thing to see when checking the forum again.

I don't really mind what we do. Restart or new game, whatever. Just reserve my current regions for me as I'm not sure yet what I would play on a new game.
Minecraft Creations

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2011, 04:35:58 PM »
I put up a poll. For you guys

But to answer the rp question.

I do not mean to remove or lessen RP, just the amount of time the SM spends on RP writing, if a new reporter can do some of the public RP where I give them an outline and they can make it flowery. Then this is a bonus to the SM, otherwise the SM has to carry the whole load, if I have to I have to but it is a way I can farm some public domain flowerly work out.

Hope this satisfies you concerns on this matter.

I been in touch with panopticon and it could be some time before we got the mdb file. SO..... it is a restart.

Question is do people want to restart, I be using the same history but since panopticon maybe a player. I put a poll up with restart options. Please select this and I get the file working as soon as I can.

Offline shadenight123

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2011, 05:17:17 PM »
fine by me. neo italy is taken.
it's italy+piece of cote d'azur+switzerland+(it should have been added this turn) albania.
they need NOT TO CARE!

Offline Destra

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2011, 08:41:03 PM »
Well, if we use the same fluff again, course im recreating the veil.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2011, 10:35:58 PM »
On file sharing:

I been able to test my idea, I able to put a separate password each player, but I need a default dummy race (which I just called the Terran Federation) the reason is if I exit out while in another persons race it will not ask for the password on entry.

To gain access to your file you will launch in as the Terran Federation and then you select default race from the menu choose your race and then your off and going to review all that information.

The file will be shared on a link which I will update each turn posted, it will give you all the details you need to make orders. I am also thinking it be nice to have some sort of word or excel document you send me in regard to orders which you continually add too. This so details do not going missing. (Similar I guess to a starfire turn sheet)

Not sure how many of you have access to dropbox but this could be a good way to sort it. I leave it open fr discussion. The reason for this processes is a) I am process driven and b) I can get on with the job instead of worrying about peoples mistakes.

Offline mavikfelna

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2011, 11:24:17 PM »
I have a dropbox account, I use it with some other games and it works pretty well.

Offline Vynadan (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2011, 01:07:04 AM »
If people can access the last used race when they log into the database, we should all pay attention to log back to the default Terran Federation at the end of our viewings?
What happens if two people try to simultanously access the database?

I do not have dropbox, but afaik you need to isntall something in order to access it?
Does dropbox provide access on the same file in their storage (e.g. multiple accesses would lead to multiple people viewing the same file) or would you download the database every time (e.g. multiple accesses are no problem beacause the file is duplicated each time)?
Can these excel documents be password protected? And how about people (like me) that do not have nor use MSOffice but Open Office (I can open .xls and .doc documents without problem, but the style information (tables, lists, graphics, etc) sometimes get screwed up and I'm unable to open or work with .docx and other special formats of MSOffice)?

And do we have any Linux or Mac users participating here? I have absolutly no clue about compatibility there.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:09:53 AM by Vynadan »