Author Topic: My first BIG fleet  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: My first BIG fleet
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 12:15:43 AM »
it's transporting fuel (i don't see a class oiler so i choose transporter). 

You can always create your own hull designations. Click the "New Hull" button on the ship creation screen.

Offline Theokrat

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 03:03:26 AM »
That's a very good idea.   I will follow this one.

Here it is.  And now airbus and rafale have the same speed (bonus!)

Airbus A310 MRTT class Fighter Transport    250 tons     5 Crew     54. 7 BP      TCS 5  TH 37. 5  EM 0
10000 km/s     Armour 1-3     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 0
Maint Life 0 Years     MSP 0    AFR 50%    IFR 0. 7%    1YR 2    5YR 33    Max Repair 11 MSP

FTR Magneto-plasma Drive E880 (1)    Power 50. 4    Fuel Use 8800%    Signature 37. 8    Armour 0    Exp 35%
Fuel Capacity 160,000 Litres    Range 13. 1 billion km   (15 days at full power)

Fighter Search Sensor MR2-R100 (1)     GPS 480     Range 2. 9m km    Resolution 100

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and maintenance purposes

Very Nice indeed. If you mix in 1 Airbus for every 10 Rafeles, you have quadrupled the return-range to 800m km. Moreover if the Airbus separates from the combat group 200m km before target to turn around and fetch another load of fuel you would have a return-range of 1,400m km (although this would involve having the fighters wait at the rendezvous-point on the return journey, unless you use multiple airbuses. It also negates the active sensor at the target site.)

However you should be aware that the airbus will become the primary target of the hostiles, once it turns on the active sensor. Mounting close-ranged sensors on fighters is risky, as this could put them into the enemies effective range, where they are quite vulnerable.

Offline phil (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 01:03:47 PM »
Yes I know the risk using active sensor. 

Ironically, the only ships who escaped the system were the Reco FAC who turn off their sensor.  Meanwhile all other bigger craft were ripped apart. 

I designed some light carrier with 6 * 250 tons ship aboard.  I will load 5 rafales and 1 airbus on each. 

Offline phil (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 02:37:48 PM »
Well.  My fleet has been victorious (only two precursor ships against 19 ship and 30 fighters. . . ) Thanks to all guys who give me very good advice. 

I was lucky, i think the first attacker lost his launcher quickly.  The ennemy salvo drops from 18 to 9 missile only.  Peace of cake for my anti-missile and my beam turret.  only 3 missiles hit my ship during the entire fight
Meanwhile my missile gain a lot of successful hit.  Finaly the precursor ship expand all ammo and begin to fall back.  My missile pursued and ripped them appart. 

The fighters watch all the scene, closing back but can't go in attack position.  I will position them 30 000 000 ahead of my missile ship next time. 

I make a lot of overkill too.  I should think about it.  Perhaps design more guided missile to avoid the lost of all missile when a primary target vanish. 

Offline phil (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 11:47:19 AM »
A last reply.  Fighter with lasers are not very useful when you want attack.  All of them including the tanker were destroy before my missile ship finaly destroy the enemy ships. 

I design a new missile fighter a will mix my fleet with missile fighter, laser fighter (low rof but precise and high damage) and gauss cannon fighter (high rof, unprecise and low damage).