Author Topic: Conventional Start in 6.21  (Read 5977 times)

Offline RottenBanana (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • R
Re: Conventional Start in 6.21
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 03:22:45 PM »
Possibly. Collateral damage is always a risk. More than that, there will be radiation and atmospheric dust that hinder all colonies on the planet.

Not worth the risk. GU training seems much more beneficial, anyway.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 03:47:40 PM »
I've been told conventional NPRs stay such, but don't quote me on that.

There are no conventional NPR's, only trans-Newtonian.  As I recall, Steve didn't want too hassle with building the necessary code for the AI to advance to TN techs.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 04:30:35 PM »
There are no conventional NPR's, only trans-Newtonian.  As I recall, Steve didn't want too hassle with building the necessary code for the AI to advance to TN techs.

There are some pre-industrial NPRs though, just not any with conventional industry

Steve

Offline Execrated1

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 05:07:09 PM »
Are pre-industrial NPRs the ones without any space presence? I've run into a number of aliens that have no ships or shipyards. Can those aliens learn new technologies?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2013, 07:24:20 AM »
Are pre-industrial NPRs the ones without any space presence? I've run into a number of aliens that have no ships or shipyards. Can those aliens learn new technologies?

They are the ones without a space presence and they can't advance. You can protect those poor, defenceless aliens from less honourable Empires than your own, or invade and turn them into slave labour or perhaps nuke the planet just to watch it it glow in the dark :)

Offline MagusXIX

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2013, 03:17:12 PM »
They are the ones without a space presence and they can't advance. You can protect those poor, defenceless aliens from less honourable Empires than your own, or invade and turn them into slave labour or perhaps nuke the planet just to watch it it glow in the dark :)

Crop circles and abductions.   8)

Offline Execrated1

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 05:41:55 PM »
Or a spore style obelisk where by building a generic structure it imparts trans-newtonian knowledge on the populace. Then they become your allies and build a huge space navy of ONE FREAKING SHIP. Sorry, I'm still upset about that.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »
i have a preference for the slave labour outcome, gives u additional pop, something to do with youre troops and if youre lucky they  can colonize some planets that youre native population might not be able to

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »
Or a spore style obelisk where by building a generic structure it imparts trans-newtonian knowledge on the populace. Then they become your allies and build a huge space navy of ONE FREAKING SHIP. Sorry, I'm still upset about that.

well making them part of youre empire allows u to build ships in youre image using their labour and build space infustructgure on their planet ( just a shame u cant grant a planet its own indepednance allowing it to form its own empire) or allow it to rebel

Offline Execrated1

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2013, 10:01:59 PM »
I wasn't talking about Aurora lol. Spore was a game hailed as revolutionary. It was to allow you to control the evolution of an organism from the single cell stage all the way up to sentient life. And then you could form a world government through peace or war and venture into space where you'd encounter aliens, form alliances, wage war and uncover an evil presence threatening all life. But it turned out to be extremely disappointing. It was nothing like the previews said it would be. My comment was an insult to the game's space stage, where you could "uplift" primitive species and have them be allies. But that turned out to be placing a big, black obelisk on their planet and then waiting for a bit. And the alliance just meant you could summon a single small ship to help you fight once in awhile.

Offline RottenBanana (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 02:01:10 PM »
i have a preference for the slave labour outcome, gives u additional pop, something to do with youre troops and if youre lucky they  can colonize some planets that youre native population might not be able to

How do I enslave the population?