Author Topic: Portable release - comments  (Read 48913 times)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Portable release - comments
« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2016, 02:06:48 AM »

@Tarran, @MarcAFK - I will add that third pack to next release.
Great, now I have an excuse to actively work on it :p
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2016, 11:29:46 AM »
Well I am satisfied with overall stability of this solution. Few people reported problems but considering that this package was downloaded ~10000 times in last 6 days (whoa  :o) I think ratio is good :-)

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2016, 06:46:40 AM »
Just uploaded version 2.0 of wrapper.

It is packed a little different - that should fix some of rarer issues.

Additionality I thought that latest user-base spike deserve something special so added music support ;D Package contain part of Light Years by Stellardrone (CC BY 3.0 license). Playlist can be modified by editing contents of Music directory.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2016, 10:04:07 AM »
I'm intrigued about the idea of music.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Robert Analog

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2016, 11:31:09 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to this game/forum so apologies if I'm asking about an issue that's already been addressed.

I downloaded the . zip and . exe for the portable launcher today and during install McAfee quarantined the aurora_wrapper. exe because of a file it marked as a trojan.   I suspect this is an error, obviously, and attempted to send the zip to the McAfee customer support in hopes they'll review and white-list the file.   But just wondering if anyone else had encountered that problem, and if there was an easier workaround than waiting for McAfee to maybe respond to my e-mail.

Thanks in advance!

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #170 on: January 07, 2016, 12:24:18 PM »
Eh this again. I used older version of PyInstaller and I'm quite sure that it was also used to pack some malware. So once in a while some AV are going nuclear.

https://www.virustotal.com/pl/file/57c82121624da2d898953e38b9301865b3ef82feeb9fe603751148089d958caf/analysis/1452190949/

As you can see only McAfee and some third world AV used by nobody have a problem. I will repackage next release so false alarms will go away.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:26:00 PM by AcidWeb »

Offline Robert Analog

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
« Reply #171 on: January 07, 2016, 12:41:03 PM »
Quote from: AcidWeb link=topic=6141. msg84721#msg84721 date=1452191058
Eh this again.  I used older version of PyInstaller and I'm quite sure that it was also used to pack some malware.  So once in a while some AV are going nuclear.

https://www. virustotal. com/pl/file/57c82121624da2d898953e38b9301865b3ef82feeb9fe603751148089d958caf/analysis/1452190949/

As you can see only McAfee and some third world AV used by nobody have a problem.  I will repackage next release so false alarms will go away.

Thanks! I'll post of McAfee gets back to me and adds this to their white-list :)

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2016, 01:48:58 PM »
Wrapper was updated again.

McAfee no longer reports false positive. Decreased default music volume and added volume control.

Offline saladenicoise

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2016, 03:25:47 PM »
HI all, I built a freighter and sent on a salvage mission and now, it keeps on saying Error:
3021 was generated by DOA. field
I tried creating a scrapper but it wont let me do anything it stuck on "Additional orders will be on hold until problem is resolved"
I destroyed it to scrap it but, it still is stuck
What should i do?

Offline ConeezeanEmpirer

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2016, 11:40:52 AM »
I have got the full game, not the portable but I am also having that error 3021. . .  and infact I found this when searching for a solution myself. . . I have no idea how to fix it. . .

Offline Jaque_Thay

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »
I haven't played since 6.42 so looking forward to the changes. Finding I'm having a problem with the portable version though - changed computer a few months ago so the portable version I downloaded a few hours ago is the first time Aurora has been on this machine (Win10). When I launch from Aurora_Wrapper I get a cool background and music (yay, music) but if I alt tab out to anything else then return to Aurora the game disappears leaving just the background and no way I can see to re-display the game window. It doesn't appear to be a problem if I use the actual Aurora exe from the same folder though. Any ideas?

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2016, 01:31:56 AM »
Only first Aurora window don't show on taskbar. After that you definitely should have two separate entries.

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2016, 06:24:42 AM »
Yet another day yet another release.

I hope this will end McAfee whining. Additionally music settings are now saved and wrapper don't allow to play same track two times in row.

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »
And another update - fixed issues with background focus.

I hope that is last tweak I need to make for some time...

Offline dragonheck

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2016, 03:24:30 PM »
Even when i run it as administrator it still says i do not have enough permission to run the all in one launcher for the full installer and even the wrapper does the same ug i just wanted to use system view and not have to install a bunch of third party crap that just junks up my computer I love the game when i did play it for several hours but then i just had to have the system view because my workaround was getting tedious and now my several hour game is lost and when i try and find a dang fix i get redirected to here or told to download a bunch of extra crap  love your work just wish i did not need to go to heck and back just to play it fully working and not partially