Author Topic: Starmantle Alliance Naval Fleet  (Read 4034 times)

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
Re: Starmantle Alliance Naval Fleet
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 08:46:14 AM »
Whoever is senior in the TG only.

But the senior in the parent formation TG(the one with the carrier), not the fighter squadron (which is its own temporary TG?)

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 10:11:30 AM »
But the senior in the parent formation TG(the one with the carrier), not the fighter squadron (which is its own temporary TG?)
Whether a TG is subordinate to another has no factor in initiative.  Only the population of the specific TG is factored.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Starmantle (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »
I redesigned this fleet after a critical crash bug (grumble).   

The biggest shift was managing to equalize the speed of my size 4 missile (carried by cruisers) and my size 2 missile (carried by fighters and corvettes) at just over 30,000 km/s.   

Now I can send overwhelming offensive missile waves against enemies with superior anti-missile defenses, so long as I'm comfortable getting within 70 million KM.    That's been a pretty big deal.   

Sidewinder II  Speed: 30,300 km/s   End: 40. 4m    Range: 73. 5m km   WH: 4    Size: 2    TH: 262 / 157 / 78

Gargoyle ASM  Speed: 30,300 km/s   End: 56. 1m    Range: 102m km   WH: 9    Size: 6    TH: 252 / 151 / 75
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:26:16 AM by Starmantle »

Offline Nibelung44

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 03:56:50 PM »
An impressive list of design that is helping me too, thanks!

About combat drop, is it realistic to board enemy ship with entire battalion or should I stick with marines companies?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 07:17:02 AM »
I would imagine that only a very large ship would have enough crew to require more than a company or 2, but i guess if you're trying to board something that's still moving your losses might be high enough to justify landing more marines.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "