Author Topic: Can this planet even be reached?  (Read 3697 times)

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
Re: Can this planet even be reached?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 10:21:14 PM »
So a bit of necroposting on my part, but how did that adventure end up turning out for you? Because I just found the same system in my game, with the same crazy range to reach.
I'm planing on going there myself, but instead of just sending a survey craft, I'm thinking of shipping a few orbital habitats out there.

Worst comes to worst, they don't end up as great planets, but I still have a couple habitats literally trillions of miles off the beaten path, nice and safe. (Srsly, can't even track that far out with sensors) But I am curious. Could end up with a great little cluster of worlds out there. Go way out there and start building up its own little civilization (might have some trouble, but even asteroid colonies can turn out their own infrastructure after a while, and I'd bring ~50k of it with me, along with assorted minerals, few construction brigades, everything needed to basically start a new civ.

I wonder if over time they'll turn out their own civilian shipping fleet that just goes back and forth around that star.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 07:44:34 AM »
I believe that civilian ships will do the same thing conditional orders will do, search for location within 10b km. So it probably will not create a civilian route to there, unless you have two worlds that far out close enough together.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 07:02:33 PM »
Shipping lines are also created at your homeworld, so unfortunately that area would be entirely cut off.