Author Topic: Turn resolving  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Ekaton (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
Re: Turn resolving
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 03:22:17 AM »
I'll just be patient then.  Thank you for your help, this forum is amazing!

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 08:29:00 AM »
There is an option to disable sensors in a system, it's on the main system map, the option is cutoff on small monitors though.
This setting is handy if you know which system is causing the problem.
Alternatively have you tried different sensor options from the launch window?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Ekaton (OP)

• E
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 01:41:53 AM »
I've managed to create a space bubble through the SM option and the game time passed extremely quickly, but after resolving about 10. 000 increments, it is still as slow as it was before and there was no sign of any imminent action. 

I have sensors set to automatic without player presence but it seems that there is not much difference between this setting and others. 

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 01:10:34 PM »
Plying in space bubble is not advisable except in combat situation (there are better ways of playing one system games) and if it still grinds down then you have some other issues that you need to identify.

Also in general, it has been my experience that it pays off to RP an extremely xenophobic and genocidal  race! This way those green bastards can't slow you down (or kill your women and rape your children)

Offline Ekaton (OP)

• E
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 01:35:34 PM »
Well, I do believe that theimminent action mentioned in the log is a combat situation between me and the aliens whose 3 ships I have just blown up and besides, it is the only way to make the game moving.  This way I was able to pass about 20. 000 5 sec increments by now as game does not allow me to go any faster.  Thousands of turns that I passed without this feature took many hours to calculate.  None of these made the game drop its 5 sec increment due to imminent action and I've tried setting every possible pulse and sub-pulse length.

Is there any way to see other alien moves to check if it is others fighting that causes this trouble? Or possibly to manually override the 5 sec slowdown?

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 02:26:28 AM »
Quote from: Ekaton
Is there any way to see other alien moves to check if it is others fighting that causes this trouble?

I'm pretty sure this is not possible.  But it is very likely to be the cause of the issue, it can often be the case that a big war between aliens somewhere completely different in the galaxy can cause this for some time.  How likely this is to happen depends greatly on how the game is setup, how many NPRs, chance of them generating, and so on. 

Quote from: Ekaton
Or possibly to manually override the 5 sec slowdown?

This isn't possible.  Steve has mentioned in the past that the reason for this is because the only way to do it would be to make the game not work the way it's supposed to.  I.e, the detailed combat and options surrounding it mean that if there is a big combat somewhere, the game has to slow down to handle it.  It's sort of one of those things where, to have one you have to accept the other.  Opinions may vary of course on the wisdom of having all of that complexity in the game, but it is what it is. 

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 10:59:12 AM »
Indeed, it is not. Since he is still in combat, there is nothing todo except exercising patience.