Author Topic: Chance of recovering tech  (Read 256 times)

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Chance of recovering tech
« on: Yesterday at 08:12:18 AM »

What is the chance of recovering compressed fuel tech from ruins and what installation is it linked to? I'm assuming you can still do so as I haven't had this many ruins in a long time - I'm playing a ruin rich game at the moment and have recovered thousands of installations but have yet to uncover any tech from recovering them.

Welchbloke
Welchbloke

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Chance of recovering tech
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:09:38 AM »
I believe this along with the "advanced" beam weapon variants from the VB6 days are no longer in the game, although they can be added with some light DB modding.

The following users thanked this post: welchbloke

Online Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:12:48 AM »
I do not recall recovering and tech directly but I have from higher tech level ruins recovered systems which are much higher tech than mine and indirectly gained tech by dissasembing those components

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:35:38 AM »

What is the chance of recovering compressed fuel tech from ruins and what installation is it linked to? I'm assuming you can still do so as I haven't had this many ruins in a long time - I'm playing a ruin rich game at the moment and have recovered thousands of installations but have yet to uncover any tech from recovering them.

Welchbloke

Each installation type has a specific chance of also giving tech of an appropriate type. For example, if you recover a mine, there is a 1 in 300 chance of improving mining tech. The exception is research labs, which have a 1 in 5 chance of returning a random tech. However, this is limited to the tech level of the ruin race. So if you have manage to roll for the mining tech for example and you already have equal to or better tech than the ruin race, you won't get anything.

The following users thanked this post: welchbloke

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 03:14:52 PM »

Welchbloke

Each installation type has a specific chance of also giving tech of an appropriate type. For example, if you recover a mine, there is a 1 in 300 chance of improving mining tech. The exception is research labs, which have a 1 in 5 chance of returning a random tech. However, this is limited to the tech level of the ruin race. So if you have manage to roll for the mining tech for example and you already have equal to or better tech than the ruin race, you won't get anything.

So in the context of the original question - Would recovering a fuel refinery have a small chance of recovering compressed fuel tech?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:04:05 AM »

Welchbloke

So in the context of the original question - Would recovering a fuel refinery have a small chance of recovering compressed fuel tech?

Fuel production tech. I don't think compressed is still in the game.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #6 on: Today at 03:31:12 PM »

Welchbloke

Fuel production tech. I don't think compressed is still in the game.

The tech and components are still in the db as ruins only techs and I remember organically getting the tech years ago. There's also some stuff still in there for the "advanced" variants of weapons.