Author Topic: Suggestions Thread for v2.0  (Read 82809 times)

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
Re: Suggestions Thread for v2.0
« Reply #375 on: January 04, 2023, 08:45:10 PM »
 --- What if we just allowed Troop Transports to have specific loadout templates? We could set them from the Fleet Organization tab and have a "Load to Template" order. Trying to choose a formation that exceeds troop transport tonnage will throw up a dialogue box telling the player "Error: Formation Size cannot exceed Transport Capacity!"

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2023, 12:19:19 AM »
--- What if we just allowed Troop Transports to have specific loadout templates? We could set them from the Fleet Organization tab and have a "Load to Template" order. Trying to choose a formation that exceeds troop transport tonnage will throw up a dialogue box telling the player "Error: Formation Size cannot exceed Transport Capacity!"
Already exists for 2.2

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2023, 01:22:50 AM »
New tech:Jump point creation
field of study:
- time limit (after which the jump point will collapse)
- distance in LY (how far can JP can reach)
Optional:
- ship size that can pass through
- energy demand (power plant size)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 01:26:47 AM by Kiero »

The following users thanked this post: Scandinavian, Droll, Skip121

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #378 on: January 05, 2023, 10:01:57 AM »
New tech:Jump point creation
field of study:
- time limit (after which the jump point will collapse)
- distance in LY (how far can JP can reach)
Optional:
- ship size that can pass through
- energy demand (power plant size)

If you add the ability to target a specific system I like the idea of this as a way of shifting the focus of defense a bit away from JPs or even as way of reworking invaders and/or raiders. Obviously such an event would be loud and I would probably have it so that the JP is quite far from the primary as far as JP distances are concerned - both for response time and to add a consideration regarding the range of warships/amount of tankers.

The following users thanked this post: Scandinavian

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #379 on: January 06, 2023, 05:08:05 PM »
A simple thing that would make things easier for me is on the Research screen... when you play with the limited admin for scientists you will eventually have allot of science projects going at the same time. I sometimes struggle to get a good overview of what projects I have runinng and their progress in a specific field. I would like if I could limit the projects shown in the overal assigned currently worked projects based on the the field I selected for creating a new project.

Just add a selection box to filter the "Research Project" and base it in the field selected.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 05:15:22 PM by Jorgen_CAB »

The following users thanked this post: TheBawkHawk, nuclearslurpee

Offline paolot

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #380 on: January 06, 2023, 07:12:25 PM »
In the Environment tab of the Economics window,  is it possible to show more clearly these two information: if the atmosphere is breathable (as in the Summary tab), and if the body environment is habitable.
Reading 0.000 in the list at the right side of the tab, for the colony/body conditions, is not very effective instead of "Yes" or "No",  imho.

P.S.
A Happy 2023 for you all.  :-)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 07:14:04 PM by paolot »

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42

Offline Ush213

• Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #381 on: January 19, 2023, 06:44:36 AM »
Reinforcement Building or feature on existing recruitment building. 

I'm not sure if its possible to implement with the current ground force mechanics or even with the  2. 2 changes

But could there be a new building or feature in the ground units building to slowly reinforce existing ground units stationed on the planet with the building. 
The current reinforcing mechanics would stay in place and be crucial in reinforcing front line positions fast. 

But more for peacetime or light spoiler engagements.  The ability to have a building set to reinforce at a trickle speed to bring armies back up to full strength over time would be a nice QOL improvement. 
Multiple buildings speed up the process but have diminishing returns.  This would allow for the creation of recruitment worlds where dedicated reinforcement armies go back to resupply and be ready for the next large scale fast reinforcements, this would save having to rebuild new reinforcement armies each time. 

It could be that the reinforcement building is "loaded" with a new (2. 2) organization or template and in the background has every unit already built in a sort of ghost reinforcement unplayable army.  this way when you land your real army on the planet the two armies react the same way as they do now just at a much slower rate. 

Population of a body could also be a factor in reinforcement speed. 

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #382 on: January 22, 2023, 06:00:59 AM »

I'm not sure if its possible to implement with the current ground force mechanics or even with the  2. 2 changes

But could there be a new building or feature in the ground units building to slowly reinforce existing ground units stationed on the planet with the building. 
The current reinforcing mechanics would stay in place and be crucial in reinforcing front line positions fast. 

But more for peacetime or light spoiler engagements.  The ability to have a building set to reinforce at a trickle speed to bring armies back up to full strength over time would be a nice QOL improvement. 
Multiple buildings speed up the process but have diminishing returns.  This would allow for the creation of recruitment worlds where dedicated reinforcement armies go back to resupply and be ready for the next large scale fast reinforcements, this would save having to rebuild new reinforcement armies each time. 

It could be that the reinforcement building is "loaded" with a new (2. 2) organization or template and in the background has every unit already built in a sort of ghost reinforcement unplayable army.  this way when you land your real army on the planet the two armies react the same way as they do now just at a much slower rate. 

Why not use the Ground Force complexes for this... we just need to be able dedicate a certain percentage of its capacity to replenish troops on the planet. For planets with no population there could be automated ground force complexes just like auto mines who is much more expensive to build just like auto mines.

Offline Ush213

• Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #383 on: January 25, 2023, 05:21:43 AM »
Quote from: Jorgen_CAB link=topic=13020. msg163709#msg163709 date=1674388859
Quote from: Ush213 link=topic=13020. msg163697#msg163697 date=1674132276

I'm not sure if its possible to implement with the current ground force mechanics or even with the  2.  2 changes

But more for peacetime or light spoiler engagements.   The ability to have a building set to reinforce at a trickle speed to bring armies back up to full strength over time would be a nice QOL improvement.   
Multiple buildings speed up the process but have diminishing returns.   This would allow for the creation of recruitment worlds where dedicated reinforcement armies go back to resupply and be ready for the next large scale fast reinforcements, this would save having to rebuild new reinforcement armies each time.   

It could be that the reinforcement building is "loaded" with a new (2.  2) organization or template and in the background has every unit already built in a sort of ghost reinforcement unplayable army.   this way when you land your real army on the planet the two armies react the same way as they do now just at a much slower rate.   

Why not use the Ground Force complexes for this. . .  we just need to be able dedicate a certain percentage of its capacity to replenish troops on the planet.  For planets with no population there could be automated ground force complexes just like auto mines who is much more expensive to build just like auto mines.

Ya ether way is fine really.  I was thinking the new building would be expensive to build and be stackable which would encourage the creation of reinforcement worlds.  Which would then make the player have to still use reinforcement armies, and have to move those armies back to the reinforcement worlds to resupply.  Like the way shipyards work, their expensive to build/upgrade and are usually only on core worlds if not just Terra/Earth.  If you want to repair a fleet fast you have to bring it back to the shipyard with enough slipways, it should be the same for armies. 

Otherwise the alternative is you stack cheap GFCC buildings on every planet reinforce quickly and never have to use reinforcement armies again other then for RP reasons.  It makes it easier sure but then what's the point to reinforcement armies at all. 

Also if the planet has no population where are the new troops going to come from?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 05:48:06 AM by Ush213 »

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #384 on: January 25, 2023, 11:32:08 AM »
I would like to have an order of refill/retrain
and you put order in GF complex in slot until unit is filled back to original oob
it would be much shorter than anything
and would save micromanagement that adds little to gamplay

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #385 on: January 25, 2023, 11:33:45 AM »
1) I would love to see a Research module, so we can have proper science stations that can take advantage of dormant constructs on Venusian-type planets. Scientist should be on board such a station to perform studies.

2) Government structure like Naval organization.

The following users thanked this post: TheBawkHawk, Skip121

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #386 on: January 26, 2023, 08:46:01 AM »
1) I would love to see a Research module, so we can have proper science stations that can take advantage of dormant constructs on Venusian-type planets. Scientist should be on board such a station to perform studies.

2) Government structure like Naval organization.

(1) We can already do this with Ark Modules and shipping research labs to planets.
(2) Maybe not as fully fleshed out as Naval Organization (we'd need more admins for that, and actual admin ranks) but having a "System Governor" layer between sector and planet would be interesting.

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2023, 10:18:28 AM »
Suggest that when terraforming, liquid water increases thermal stability i.e. hydrographic extent modifies thermal min max extremes and range, decreasing range.

I noticed this because I have this problem with a small planet I am terraforming that whan I add more water vapour the min-max range increases instead of decreases as it would in reality since we know the liquid oceans on Earth act as a thermal buffer, adding warmth to or absorbing heat from the atmosphere.

The in-game result of adding water threatens to make the planetoid uninhabitable without infra even when it has 20 hydro and breathable atmo as the more hydro I add the greater the min max temperature range gets taking it outside the human comfort zone and incurring a temperature factor penalty that I cannot resolve. (I tried adding every non toxic gas and they all do the same, the temperature range increases when really it should decrease as for water.)

If you look at the two screenshots, these are successive in the process of adding water vapour to Proxima Centauri II. You can see the Hydrographic Extent increases from 5.51 to 6.56.

Min Max thermal range changes from (-11.136 <> 54.498, which is a range of 65.634) to (-9.256 <> 56.849 range 66.105). So the range has increased not decreased and the temperature factor has gone from zero to 0.123 though it fluctuates quite a bit.

I recognise there are limits to the model and in this example I have been unlucky and will have to choose my terraforming candidates more carefully in future but since the terraforming has been showing some interesting touches like the ice sheet albedo and the condensing of water vapour simulating a water cycle, I thought I would suggest it in case it appeals to Steve i.e. that liquid water could dampen (hehe) temperature fluctuations.

I added the current save in case it helps to take a look at this particular example.

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #388 on: January 26, 2023, 12:58:50 PM »
If you look at the two screenshots, these are successive in the process of adding water vapour to Proxima Centauri II. You can see the Hydrographic Extent increases from 5.51 to 6.56.

Min Max thermal range changes from (-11.136 <> 54.498, which is a range of 65.634) to (-9.256 <> 56.849 range 66.105). So the range has increased not decreased and the temperature factor has gone from zero to 0.123 though it fluctuates quite a bit.

You need to let all that water vapor condense down to equilibrium, which will take ages from 0.5 atm. The increased range you're seeing is simply because you increased atmospheric pressure with water vapor which increased the body's greenhouse effect.

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #389 on: January 26, 2023, 01:52:50 PM »
Don't know if this has been suggested yet but I think it would be fantastic if the ship overview showed the total bonus for each skill. Right now it only shows the individual skills from each officer but it would be nice if there was a summary for all naval admin command + officers for a ship for each skill. That way it would be much easier to see how big the tactical/crew training/engineering etc bonuses actually are.

The following users thanked this post: Black, Akhillis, BAGrimm, nuclearslurpee