Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 92124 times)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2021, 11:39:51 PM »
Also, if you turn Invaders and Precursors off in the settings of the new game, their races are still generated in the database. Kind of makes sense because they are toggleable, but maybe it should be handled on settings change instead of being created by default?

These races are actually needed for the (not uncommon) case where players turn those races on or off while a game is in progress. As long as they are not toggled there is no effect on the game anyways so it is not a problem.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2021, 12:37:18 AM »
Firecontrol states a weight of 100 tons, on ship it weights 127 tons, the same is for "Single weapon only" 100/127 that is, it's not halfweight... Testing a little more, a FC, no changes says 25 tons but weights 31 tons, so it seems to be around 24-27% more weights... Or I am missing something?? Seems to be the same in 1:12
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2021, 12:51:19 AM »
Researched cloaking components are not showing in the "view tech" window.

SJW: Fixed for v1.14
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 07:57:59 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2021, 12:53:21 AM »
Firecontrol states a weight of 100 tons, on ship it weights 127 tons, the same is for "Single weapon only" 100/127 that is, it's not halfweight... Testing a little more, a FC, no changes says 25 tons but weights 31 tons, so it seems to be around 24-27% more weights... Or I am missing something?? Seems to be the same in 1:12

- Have you accounted for the extra mass of armor and crew that come with adding components?

- EDIT: It seems to be WAI for me, when taking into account the crew and the armor, the size adds up rightly.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 12:57:48 AM by xenoscepter »

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2021, 01:13:08 AM »

- Have you accounted for the extra mass of armor and crew that come with adding components?

- EDIT: It seems to be WAI for me, when taking into account the crew and the armor, the size adds up rightly.

Ah no  ::) , have not and after restarting the game it now give half weight for singel weapon FC
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2021, 03:17:51 AM »
Miscellaneous components cannot be researched, because they don't appear on any of the research tabs after you create them in the Tech Window.

Fixed for v1.14. These components will appears in the Logistics category. The workaround is to use Instant in SM Mode.

You can apply the fix to v1.13 by making a small change to the database. Open DIM_TechType and go to the last row, which should have "Miscellaneous Components" in the Description Field. Change the FieldID on that row from 10 to 6.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982, MarcAFK, serger, Gabrote42, nuclearslurpee

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2021, 05:31:04 AM »
This is not a bug, but a question I have noticed. Seteve, did you change the parameters that a new officer is recruited? In 1.12 I saw from time to time some exceptional naval officers with promotion points over 1200 (and one time I saw one at 2000). For the Ground officers I saw even 10.000 points (because of the ground amount of troops that can manage, something that has gone... and I like it).

But in my current game, the best navy officer has reached 900 promotion points and one thing I noticed is that the crew training value is not over 50. Did you change it? is it just a matter of coincidence in my game?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2021, 05:43:49 AM »
This is not a bug, but a question I have noticed. Seteve, did you change the parameters that a new officer is recruited? In 1.12 I saw from time to time some exceptional naval officers with promotion points over 1200 (and one time I saw one at 2000). For the Ground officers I saw even 10.000 points (because of the ground amount of troops that can manage, something that has gone... and I like it).

But in my current game, the best navy officer has reached 900 promotion points and one thing I noticed is that the crew training value is not over 50. Did you change it? is it just a matter of coincidence in my game?

Nothing has changed for officer generation

The following users thanked this post: idefelipe

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2021, 05:50:33 AM »
Thank you for the quick reply. Then it is just a coincidence in my game. I use to create a medal for those officers that are created with more than 1500 points (and make them history characters), so because of that I realized it.

I guess I have to wait a bit more to see my first exceptional officer  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon

Offline Remilian

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2021, 06:13:37 AM »
There is some inconsistency with cargo shuttles, supply ship designations and maintenance modules.

The basic rules as I understand them are:
It it impossible to move MSP from ship to ship without cargo shuttles.
If no ship in target fleet is designated as Supply ship, then you don't even get an option to order to "Resuply from a stationary supply ship".
If a ship is designated as Supply ship but has no cargo shuttles, then the order will be present but it will do nothing because MSP transfer is impossible.

If a maintenance fleet (with maint modules, no shuttles) has no designated supply ships, then for both maintenance and overhauls (M\O for short) the others fleets will use their own MSP supply. If they run out, then M\O stops, even if the maintenance fleet has spare MSP
If a maintenance fleet (with maint modules, no shuttles) has designated supply ships (with no shuttles), then other fleets will use maintenance fleet's MSP for M\O
If a maintenance fleet has no designated supply ships, but a separate supply fleet with designated supply ships (with no shuttles) happens to be in the same location, then other fleets will use supply fleet's MSP for M\O

Designation alone allows supply ship's MSP to be used for M\O of other fleets, even though MSP transfer should be impossible due to lack of shuttles.

Edit:
The ship being maintained will use up MSP from any racial populations in the same location, in descending order of MSP stockpile. If no populations are available, or have no MSP, the maintained ship will use MSP from any Supply Ships in the same location, in descending order of available MSP. Finally, if no other option is available, the maintained ship will consume its own MSP. A ship can use a combination of the above to locate sufficient MSP.
It is consistent with this logic, but still weird that loading\unloading MSP requires shuttles but M\O does not

SJW: Fixed for v1.14
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 08:27:10 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Remilian

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2021, 10:58:49 AM »
"Show Next Tech" in component designer uses fractional values of capacitor recharge tech as the next step. So with race tech at level 2, next tech will only show 2. 25.
I assume it should show both next level tech and fractions up to it, just like it does with engine sizes.

EDT: Next engine power techs are not shown either, but I assume that's because higher and lower power are on different "techlines"

SJW: Fractional capacitor values fixed for v1.14
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 08:51:05 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2021, 01:23:44 PM »
Oh.. I removed the message because it was that. Didn't remember the racial wealth cap  ;D

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2021, 02:17:48 PM »
 - Oh boy, my first 1.13 bug! :P

--- When cueing up Naval Shipyards, it acts strangely. I'll cue up 3 and it'll only build two, I'll cue up 10 and it'll only build three, I'll cue up two and it'll only build one. I haven't looked into whether or not it's actually charging me for the ones it doesn't build, but it's surely not building them. The behavior is consistently wrong, but not wrong according to a consistent manner... if that makes any sense.

...I'll attach a DB... Just build a number of Naval Shipyards greater than one and viola! bug du jour. Currently I'm working around this by building them one at a time.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2021, 02:30:55 PM »

--- When cueing up Naval Shipyards, it acts strangely. I'll cue up 3 and it'll only build two, I'll cue up 10 and it'll only build three, I'll cue up two and it'll only build one. I haven't looked into whether or not it's actually charging me for the ones it doesn't build, but it's surely not building them. The behavior is consistently wrong, but not wrong according to a consistent manner... if that makes any sense.

...I'll attach a DB... Just build a number of Naval Shipyards greater than one and viola! bug du jour. Currently I'm working around this by building them one at a time.

I have had this same problem since 1.12, I think it becomes a problem with high levels of construction industry. The shipyards get finished too quickly and the game loses count of how many it needs to add.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2021, 02:56:55 PM »

I have had this same problem since 1.12, I think it becomes a problem with high levels of construction industry. The shipyards get finished too quickly and the game loses count of how many it needs to add.

- I'll assume 7,500 Construction Factories counts as a "high level of construction industry"?