Author Topic: BlueBeGone - Mod that swaps all Aurora blue colors to black (DEPRECATED)  (Read 9783 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
OK I think we should be good now. 01010100 identified and fixed an issue with patch dependency loading.

Are we supposed to download the github repo and create a build from there or are we supposed to just download the attached zip.

In the case of the latter I have the same issue and it has not been resolved. Like last time I just put everything in the aurora directory and the dlls for BlueBeGone and UIControls are in their respective subdirectories, the list of patches still shows up as empty.

Edit when I launch aurora through the AuroraPatch.exe and close aurora Aurorapatch.log has this to say and nothing else:
Code: [Select]
Native library pre-loader is trying to load native SQLite library "C:\Program Files (x86)\Video Games\Aurora\x64\SQLite.Interop.dll"...
It would be nice if someone else could also see if they're having the same problem as me just so we know its not on my end.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 07:46:01 PM by Droll »

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
Edit when I launch aurora through the AuroraPatch.exe and close aurora Aurorapatch.log has this to say and nothing else:
Native library pre-loader is trying to load native SQLite library "C:\Program Files (x86)\Video Games\Aurora\x64\SQLite.Interop.dll"...

That's all, there is literally nothing else in the log? You could also try installing somewhere other than under the "Program Files" folder.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 08:11:58 PM by 01010100 »

Offline twice2double (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
Are we supposed to download the github repo and create a build from there or are we supposed to just download the attached zip.

Either *should* work. Are you running Windows 10?
I think moving it to another folder as mentioned above could be worth trying.

I'm not sure what the issue would be - I just tried the following and it worked for me:
1) Fresh Windows 10 install
2) Download Aurora and dump all files directly in Downloads folder
3) Download BlueBeGone and dump all files directly in Downloads folder
4) Run Downloads/AuroraPatch.exe

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D

That's all, there is literally nothing else in the log? You could also try installing somewhere other than under the "Program Files" folder.

Well I reinstalled on my desktop and same problem, I got this instead:
Native library pre-loader is trying to load native SQLite library "C:\Users\PC\Desktop\Aurora\x64\SQLite.Interop.dll"...
And nothing else, this is when I launch aurora and close it.

Also I am using windows 10. I should also mentioned that I tried running with admin privileges for the same result.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 08:57:12 PM by Droll »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D

Either *should* work. Are you running Windows 10?
I think moving it to another folder as mentioned above could be worth trying.

I'm not sure what the issue would be - I just tried the following and it worked for me:
1) Fresh Windows 10 install
2) Download Aurora and dump all files directly in Downloads folder
3) Download BlueBeGone and dump all files directly in Downloads folder
4) Run Downloads/AuroraPatch.exe

I followed these instructions with a fresh 1.13 install of aurora and have the exact same problem.

Just to clarify, the Patches directory is in the same directory as aurorapatch.exe and aurora.exe. There are two directories inside Patches called UIControls and BlueBeGone, each of those subdirectories contain their respective .dll files. This is correct right?

Furthermore, reputation based protection is off on my windows 10, which is why I can run aurora from program files in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 09:07:06 PM by Droll »

Offline simast

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
If I understood this correctly this mod will be basically what DFHack is for Dwarf Fortress :) e.g. you can build other mods on top of this and only AuroraPatch will need to be updated for new Aurora versions (and all mods should be compatible afterwards). Awesome work!

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
Well I reinstalled on my desktop and same problem, I got this instead:
Native library pre-loader is trying to load native SQLite library "C:\Users\PC\Desktop\Aurora\x64\SQLite.Interop.dll"...
And nothing else, this is when I launch aurora and close it.

That log message is normal, it's just Aurora loading in one of its native dependencies. What is strange is that you get no other log messages, at the very least there should be a "AuroraPatch logger initialized" message. Either you should get no log at all, or you should get a log with at least that "initialized" message in it. Getting a log but without that message is just strange, I have no idea how that's even possible.

Just to clarify, the Patches directory is in the same directory as aurorapatch.exe and aurora.exe. There are two directories inside Patches called UIControls and BlueBeGone, each of those subdirectories contain their respective .dll files. This is correct right?

Yes this is correct.

Furthermore, reputation based protection is off on my windows 10, which is why I can run aurora from program files in the first place.

I'd still keep it somewhere else for now, the special program files rules might also interfere with AuroraPatch's patch loading process. If you keep your installation somewhere else for the time being we can exclude it as a factor in the issues you are having.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 04:59:36 AM by 01010100 »

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
If I understood this correctly this mod will be basically what DFHack is for Dwarf Fortress :) e.g. you can build other mods on top of this and only AuroraPatch will need to be updated for new Aurora versions (and all mods should be compatible afterwards). Awesome work!

It's more akin to RimWorld modding. AuroraPatch doesn't need updating for new Aurora versions, all it does is provide services to patch creators, in particular providing Harmony support. Individual patches may require updating for new Aurora versions depending on what the patch is doing exactly, although there is work on a Lib patch to try to minimize this.

Offline Cobaia

• C
I'm having the same behavior, AuroraPatch doesn't show the patches, doesn't write in the log file.

I'm trying a fresh machine install.

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
In first instance it's a logger problem then. I have no idea how this is even possible, these are 3 lines of code in the logger's constructor:
Debug.Listeners.Add(traceListener);
Debug.AutoFlush = true;
LogInfo("AuroraPatch logger initialized");

The first line is what allows the message from the native library loader to show up in the log, so we know that is being called, the third line logs the "initialization" message through the exact same mechanism, and somehow that's not showing up.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
In first instance it's a logger problem then. I have no idea how this is even possible, these are 3 lines of code in the logger's constructor:
Debug.Listeners.Add(traceListener);
Debug.AutoFlush = true;
LogInfo("AuroraPatch logger initialized");

The first line is what allows the message from the native library loader to show up in the log, so we know that is being called, the third line logs the "initialization" message through the exact same mechanism, and somehow that's not showing up.

Just throwing a dart at the board: could it be a difference in .Net Framework version?

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
I'm following this with great interest. The blue color background hurts my eyes a LOT, so I'm a big fan.

I wanted to ask, could it be possible eventually to have a light theme too? Light backgrounds, black text.
Unfortunately my eyes have problems with contrast more than with luminosity, and dark backgrounds with white text is still hard on them. It's still much better than blue though....

• t

That's correct.

Can you try the attached debug build please?
Same deal, dump files in Aurora folder, run AuroraPatch.exe.
After closing AuroraPatch, the AuroraPatch.log file should get populated with (hopefully) useful information.
Ignore the double-logging for now :)

• t
I wanted to ask, could it be possible eventually to have a light theme too? Light backgrounds, black text.

Yes. That's going to be especially easy to do once a proper theme patch comes out.
Just a matter of someone forking the code, changing some RBG values, and sharing the new patch.

• t
Just throwing a dart at the board: could it be a difference in .Net Framework version?

That could be a legit reason for it to break, but in this case everything is .NET 4.