Author Topic: T2DTheme - Dark theme with custom fonts  (Read 7918 times)

Offline twice2double (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
T2DTheme - Dark theme with custom fonts
« on: May 09, 2021, 10:06:27 PM »
T2DTheme is a dark theme for Aurora with an optional custom font.
It's the theme I use when playing the game and I'll be iterating/improving on it moving forward.

Installation

This patch requires the AuroraPatch runtime.
The ThemeCreator helper patch dependency is included in the attachment below.

1) Download the latest release of AuroraPatch from it's GitHub releases page and dump the zip file contents in your Aurora folder: https://github.com/Aurora-Modders/AuroraPatch/releases
2) Download the attachment and extract it in your Aurora\Patches\ directory

Running

Run AuroraPatch.exe from inside the Aurora directory.

Settings

You can change the font settings by using the "Change settings" button in the AuroraPatch window.

Changes

1.4.0.0 - Fixed bug in ThemeCreator that made increment buttons revert colors on time increment. Depends on AuroraPatch >= 0.1.2.
1.4.0.0 - Now using AGM-114's icon theme. Depends on AuroraPatch >= 0.1.0.
1.3.0.0 - Now using ThemeCreator 1.2.0.0. More consistent TacticalMap and GalacticMap colors.
1.2.0.0 - Now using latest ThemeCreator patch and no longer bundling AuroraPatch.
1.1.0.0 - Added font settings.
1.0.0.0 - Initial release.

Code

You can optionally access the code and build yourself and/or fork it to create your own theme.

AuroraPatch source code can be found here: https://github.com/Aurora-Modders/AuroraPatch
ThemeCreator source code can be found here: https://github.com/Aurora-Modders/ThemeCreator
T2DTheme source code can be found here: https://github.com/Aurora-Modders/T2DTheme
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 01:07:19 PM by twice2double »

The following users thanked this post: serger, StarshipCactus, skoormit

Offline Arwyn

• Gold Supporter
  • Commander
  • A
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: T2DTheme v1.0.0.0 - Dark theme with higher font size
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 11:08:20 AM »
Thanks for posting this, giving it a shot.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 11:12:40 AM »
Please add a screenshot to the first post so people can instantly see what the colour theme is as well as font size, thanks!

The following users thanked this post: Veneke, King-Salomon

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 01:16:59 PM »
I was getting errors trying to start Aurora through the patch exe provided. I downloaded the full archive from the main github and it worked fine, so I think your zip file is missing needed files.

And can we get a version of this with the original text size?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 01:33:49 PM »
T2DTheme is dark theme for Aurora with a bumped up font size.
It's the theme I use when playing the game and I'll be iterating/improving on it moving forward.

Installation

This patch requires the AuroraPatch runtime and the ThemeCreator helper patch (both included).

Extract/copy all the files from the attached zip into your Aurora folder.

Running

Run AuroraPatch.exe from inside the Aurora directory.

Code

You can optionally access the code and build yourself and/or fork it to create your own theme.

AuroraPatch source code can be found here: https://github.com/Aurora-Modders/AuroraPatch
ThemeCreator source code can be found here: https://github.com/Aurora-Modders/ThemeCreator
T2DTheme source code can be found here: https://github.com/Aurora-Modders/T2DTheme

How do I get the harmony library to work when developing a patch? I'm trying to modify the T2DTheme to my own ends but I cannot build because there seems to be no reference to the harmony library anywhere. Where am I supposed to be placing 0Harmony.dll and how do I reference it in the project?

Edit - I should say that packaged.config has this line for all 3 projects and that:
Code: [Select]
<package id="Lib.Harmony" version="2.0.0.10" targetFramework="net40" />
The source files also have
using HarmonyLib
I also have the same problem with the newtonsoft library.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 01:41:03 PM by Droll »

• t
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 02:11:38 PM »
I was getting errors trying to start Aurora through the patch exe provided. I downloaded the full archive from the main github and it worked fine, so I think your zip file is missing needed files.

And can we get a version of this with the original text size?

Thanks. I don't know why it worked for me. In any case, I've dumped the latest AuroraPatch zip into my package and re-uploaded.

Yes, I plan on adding a font size option tonight.

• t
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 02:16:23 PM »
Please add a screenshot to the first post so people can instantly see what the colour theme is as well as font size, thanks!

Done!

The following users thanked this post: Garfunkel

• t
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 02:23:14 PM »
How do I get the harmony library to work when developing a patch? I'm trying to modify the T2DTheme to my own ends but I cannot build because there seems to be no reference to the harmony library anywhere. Where am I supposed to be placing 0Harmony.dll and how do I reference it in the project?

I think this depends on if you want to pull the dependencies from your IDE or using the NuGet command line tool.
I'm developing the patches on Visual Studio 2019, which means the Harmony and Newtonsoft dependencies get pulled in automatically (you can also Right Click the solution and hit Restore NuGet Packages).
Otherwise I think you can use the following command line: dotnet restore

If you want to build T2DTheme, you'll also need the AuroraPatch and ThemeCreator repositories in the same parent directory as the T2DTheme will specifically go up one directory to look for those dependencies - you can change this behaviour in the build project settings.

The following users thanked this post: Droll

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 02:36:58 PM »
I think this depends on if you want to pull the dependencies from your IDE or using the NuGet command line tool.
I'm developing the patches on Visual Studio 2019, which means the Harmony and Newtonsoft dependencies get pulled in automatically (you can also Right Click the solution and hit Restore NuGet Packages).

EDIT - SOLVED: I managed to resolve my problems by just spamming harmony.dll everywhere and then restoring NuGet packages through all 3 solutions.

This doesn't work I still get:
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'HarmonyLib' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Same error code for the Newtonsoft library.

Its weird because both of the modules are properly installed in their respective project package files but for some reason the "using" codelines aren't picking up the library itself.

Edit - Slight correction, only the T2DTheme directory seems to be seeing the harmony package, the "using HarmonyLib" line there actually works now, but the other two projects "Aurorapatch" and "ThemeCreator" are still having issues. I am launching visual studio through the T2DTheme solution file though, is that it?

Edit - Also having problems with this method:
protected override void Loaded(Harmony harmony)"no suitable method found to override".

This happens on all instances of the method.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 03:18:13 PM by Droll »

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2021, 06:35:08 PM »
There shouldn't be a dependency on the NewtonSoft library when you're developing a patch, only the main AuroraPatch project itself has that dependency. Not requiring patch creators to pull in that dependency is the whole reason it is abstracted away behind the Patch.Serialize and Patch.Deserialize methods. There should be no reason to pull in the entire AuroraPatch project (or any patch dependencies) to develop a patch. Just take the AuroraPatch.exe file and include a reference to it, the same should be possible with any patch's .dll file when you want to use it as a dependency. Just make sure, when you release your patch, not to include those files in the output.

• t
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 07:30:53 PM »
Yes, I plan on adding a font size option tonight.

Font settings are now exposed.

The following users thanked this post: mtm84, serger

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 08:44:20 PM »
There shouldn't be a dependency on the NewtonSoft library when you're developing a patch, only the main AuroraPatch project itself has that dependency. Not requiring patch creators to pull in that dependency is the whole reason it is abstracted away behind the Patch.Serialize and Patch.Deserialize methods. There should be no reason to pull in the entire AuroraPatch project (or any patch dependencies) to develop a patch. Just take the AuroraPatch.exe file and include a reference to it, the same should be possible with any patch's .dll file when you want to use it as a dependency. Just make sure, when you release your patch, not to include those files in the output.

Yeah the NewtonSoft dependency isn't needed on the patch itself but I felt the need to include the other projects because microsoft studio kept complaining about the project not loading correctly since the T2DTheme was looking for them regardless.

• t
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 10:52:05 PM »

Yeah the NewtonSoft dependency isn't needed on the patch itself but I felt the need to include the other projects because microsoft studio kept complaining about the project not loading correctly since the T2DTheme was looking for them regardless.

This is my bad - I hooked it up locally so that everything is referencing the project files so AuroraPatch, ThemeCreator, and T2DTheme all get compiled if anything changes. It made my life a bit easier as I was making changes to all three projects at one point.
I'll fix it soon so it references the binaries like 0's and 1's said.