Author Topic: Solaris theme - a different look for Aurora!  (Read 16908 times)

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Solaris theme - a different look for Aurora!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2021, 03:57:34 PM »
The assigned positions look very dark now, some people will have issues actually seeing what the already assigned posts are. If it's possible to keep the contrast between assigned/unassigned positions while improving the visibility of the already assigned posts that would be ideal.

Thanks for feedback, I will re-adjust the contrast ratio if you think it is too dark right now. But note that I would prefer not to create new styling rules if possible as this increases complexity of the project and maintainability. Would prefer just to swap existing colors instead, so if we want assigned and unassigned positions to have different colors compared to default text - ideally Steve would have to add this different styling as well.

Also note that I want to revisit some of the colors when I will have a bit more time. I haven't done much with Galactic Map for example yet, it's mostly default colors right now.

Another idea I want to explore is to color-code toolbar buttons based on function - you can already see some of my WIP experiments on the first 5 economic buttons.

Extremely looking forward to this.

Offline simast (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2021, 12:23:33 PM »
Published a new v1.3.0 version:

• Added color-coded backgrounds to toolbar buttons (grouped based on common function).
  • Fixed issue where using a keyboard hotkey could still display an old toolbar button icon.
  • Some other small tweaks and changes.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982, Droll, Warer, twice2double, DawnMachine

Offline twice2double

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2021, 05:39:16 PM »
Very slick. Excellent theme!

Offline Crio

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2021, 08:13:20 PM »
Excellent stuff! The icons are definitely a great touch, really makes navigating the UI a lot easier for me

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2021, 09:03:44 PM »
Excellent stuff! The icons are definitely a great touch, really makes navigating the UI a lot easier for me

I don't know, I still think the ship design icon is a bit hard to remember for me all the times ;D

I am for a classic or similar

The following users thanked this post: Rook

Offline Count Sessine

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2021, 12:29:45 PM »
Hi guys

How does this work? I have downloaded the AuroraPatch into the Aurora folder, I have the solaris theme in the patch folder, but when I start the aurorapatch exe the solaris theme isn't there.

Offline Count Sessine

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2021, 12:31:49 PM »
Here is the AuroraPatch launcher

Offline Bluebreaker

• Chief Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2021, 04:28:14 PM »
You have to download the file at the bottom of the first post of the thread.

* SolarisTheme-1.3.0.zip (118.4 kB - downloaded 438 times.)
This zip contains two dll files, in two folders. Just unzip these two folders into the Patches folder
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 04:30:51 PM by Bluebreaker »

Zenoth

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2021, 12:08:06 AM »
Hi, thank you very much for the theme, I love it.  A question: Is it possible that you add an option to Solaris Theme to scale the UI as it could be done in Aurora Mod? It would help me a lot to be able to play version 1. 13 (and the new future versions), since in my old notebook (1366x768) I have to be scrolling to see the buttons below and resizing each window that I open and the game becomes very tedious.  If this is possible, I would be very grateful!

Offline Cristo

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2021, 08:26:03 AM »
Hi - really excited to see people reviving some color altering options - looks like I can still play Aroura <3

I'm sure I'm being dumb but I can't seem to make this work and I wondered if you might be able to help me out - I've downloaded normal Aurora, downloaded the Aurorapatch into the main Aurora file, extracted the two folders into the patches folder - but when I boot up AuroraPatch I get nothing. Any ideas? Thanks!

I get the following errors in the AuroraPatch.log file:
13/10/2021 14:27:00 - AuroraPatch - Info: Trying to retrieve types from assembly SolarisTheme.dll
13/10/2021 14:27:00 - AuroraPatch - Error: Could not load file or assembly 'Lib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Are you missing a dependency?
13/10/2021 14:27:00 - AuroraPatch - Info: Trying to retrieve types from assembly ThemeCreator.dll
13/10/2021 14:27:00 - AuroraPatch - Error: Could not load file or assembly 'Lib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Are you missing a dependency?

So I presume I'm missing a dependency - but I'm not sure how/what!

EDIT - I was using the AurouraPatch marked 'Latest release' switching to the 'pre-release' version corrected this issue. Leaving this post up incase anyone else had the same issue!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 08:49:31 AM by Cristo »

Offline Ziley

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Z
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2021, 12:29:26 PM »
Quote from: Cristo link=topic=12568. msg155988#msg155988 date=1634131563
Hi - really excited to see people reviving some color altering options - looks like I can still play Aroura <3

I'm sure I'm being dumb but I can't seem to make this work and I wondered if you might be able to help me out - I've downloaded normal Aurora, downloaded the Aurorapatch into the main Aurora file, extracted the two folders into the patches folder - but when I boot up AuroraPatch I get nothing.  Any ideas? Thanks!

I get the following errors in the AuroraPatch. log file:
13/10/2021 14:27:00 - AuroraPatch - Info: Trying to retrieve types from assembly SolarisTheme. dll
13/10/2021 14:27:00 - AuroraPatch - Error: Could not load file or assembly 'Lib, Version=1. 0. 0. 0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specified.  Are you missing a dependency?
13/10/2021 14:27:00 - AuroraPatch - Info: Trying to retrieve types from assembly ThemeCreator. dll
13/10/2021 14:27:00 - AuroraPatch - Error: Could not load file or assembly 'Lib, Version=1. 0. 0. 0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specified.  Are you missing a dependency?

So I presume I'm missing a dependency - but I'm not sure how/what!

EDIT - I was using the AurouraPatch marked 'Latest release' switching to the 'pre-release' version corrected this issue.  Leaving this post up incase anyone else had the same issue!

THX!

I have same issue and search like 2Day's how i can fix that.

Offline Cristo

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2021, 03:11:51 AM »

THX!

I have same issue and search like 2Day's how i can fix that.

Happy to have helped :)

Offline kobold

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • k
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2021, 01:42:15 PM »
First off, I installed the mod and latest version of Aurora Patcher and didnt run into the errors of the previous posters, I hope that their problems can be solved. 

And BIG thanks for this nice, simplistic UI and the nicer colors for my eyes, I had sometimes issues to read text properly with the blue background. 

I had a question regarding some coloring.
Maybe it is my screen, but the second ring around a planet (after basic ring for surveyed) which indicates that the object is colonized is really hard to see since it is so pale.  Any chance to make this more intense colored for quick identification?

And a basic question regarding the coloring of all objects, maybe it is a thing many want but it is impossible to do (^^), but is there any chance that like, Rocky Planets, Gas Giants, Moons and Asteroids are getting different colors so that a quick identification of celestial bodies is possible when I look into my system?