Author Topic: Quasar4x - An Aurora4x VB6 clone  (Read 166523 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Quasar4x - An Aurora4x VB6 clone
« Reply #495 on: September 28, 2021, 07:08:40 PM »
- And a potential game changer:  I added a new default order simply called "Fulfil a contract."  You can assign this default order to your freighters and they will start fulfilling your supply and demand civilian contracts.  The list of contracts at a colony will show your freighters en route to pick up and drop off, just like it does for civilian ships. 

I may just finally decide to start a quasar playthrough now lol. I'm guessing this won't have trouble handling cargo groups who have multiple cargo ships in them.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #496 on: September 29, 2021, 08:44:39 AM »
- And a potential game changer:  I added a new default order simply called "Fulfil a contract."  You can assign this default order to your freighters and they will start fulfilling your supply and demand civilian contracts.  The list of contracts at a colony will show your freighters en route to pick up and drop off, just like it does for civilian ships. 

I may just finally decide to start a quasar playthrough now lol. I'm guessing this won't have trouble handling cargo groups who have multiple cargo ships in them.

Yep, although cargo fleets are allowed to take contracts even if it wont make a full load, leading to some fuel inefficiency. 

The following users thanked this post: MinuteMan

Offline trabber Shir

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #497 on: September 29, 2021, 09:36:59 AM »
Is there a way to change the orders for civilian colony ships directly? I deleted a Pop which was created accidentally and now I am getting 77 "Orders not possible" messages every 2 hours from civilian colony ships that are trying to deliver colonists to that pop.

Luckily, I thought to backup the DB before abandoning the pop so, will re-load that and handle this in a different way for now, but would like to know for the future how to actually deal with this situation.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #498 on: September 29, 2021, 10:09:28 AM »
Is there a way to change the orders for civilian colony ships directly? I deleted a Pop which was created accidentally and now I am getting 77 "Orders not possible" messages every 2 hours from civilian colony ships that are trying to deliver colonists to that pop.

Luckily, I thought to backup the DB before abandoning the pop so, will re-load that and handle this in a different way for now, but would like to know for the future how to actually deal with this situation.

Yep, the 'Clear Orders' button on the Shipping Lines window.

The following users thanked this post: trabber Shir

Offline trabber Shir

• t
« Reply #499 on: September 29, 2021, 12:13:57 PM »
Is it possible to disassemble a PDC to move it between colonies?

I just realized I still have 20 Missile Complexes on earth and I would love to keep the super experienced crews by upgrading rather than scrapping them, but I do not need 20 of my newer PDCs on earth.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #500 on: September 29, 2021, 03:57:32 PM »

Nope

I just realized I still have 20 Missile Complexes on earth and I would love to keep the super experienced crews by upgrading rather than scrapping them, but I do not need 20 of my newer PDCs on earth.

For whatever it's worth, you do get back the ship's Crew * GradePoints / 100 edit: forgot you cant scrap PDC's so this doesn't apply
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 11:10:40 PM by Kyle »

Offline trabber Shir

• t
« Reply #501 on: September 29, 2021, 04:57:26 PM »
I am working on a spreadsheet to optimize missiles and the formula for how missile engine size affects fuel efficiency would be quite useful, but I having great difficulty reverse engineering that. Is there any chance you can direct me to somewhere it is posted (or post it here)?

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #502 on: September 29, 2021, 11:45:13 PM »
I am working on a spreadsheet to optimize missiles and the formula for how missile engine size affects fuel efficiency would be quite useful, but I having great difficulty reverse engineering that. Is there any chance you can direct me to somewhere it is posted (or post it here)?

You can find the formulas in this spreadsheet

The following users thanked this post: trabber Shir

Offline trabber Shir

• t
« Reply #503 on: September 30, 2021, 09:56:52 AM »
Is Maneuver rating truncated to an integer for actual collision calculations or just for the system parameters display?

I find it strange that a missile can be made objectively better by subtracting 0.008 MSP of hardware devoted to agility. ... extremely odd for a video game despite actually being somewhat realistic. Speed changes due to the changed mass, but due to rounding (or according the that spreadsheet you linked, truncation) of the maneuver rating, the added agility has no effect. Really the confusing behavior is due to different rounding rules being applied in different parts of the equation.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #504 on: September 30, 2021, 12:11:00 PM »
Nope
Nevertheless an interesting idea... disassemble PDC into prefabs, ship them around, reassemble them...
Maybe you can add PDCs into the civilian shipping tab  ;D

Offline trabber Shir

• t
« Reply #505 on: September 30, 2021, 02:03:44 PM »
Continuing down the needlessly over detailed missile optimization route. Does missile range (in parctice) care about travel times less than 5 seconds? In other words, if a missile ends a sub pulse with 2 seconds of fuel remaining and the target is still 4 seconds of travel away, will it run out of fuel? What is the target is 1 second of travel away?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #506 on: October 01, 2021, 10:58:07 AM »
I don't remember if I already asked this. Sorry if so. But do you have any plans to include Repair Yards as we have now in C#?

Offline 5742k

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • ?
« Reply #507 on: October 01, 2021, 04:01:59 PM »
Seriously impressive work, thanks for Quasar4x!
Would it be possible to add an option for the original VB color scheme? Also, the "Shrink to fit small displays" options reduces the font size and increases eye strain drastically, making it (at least for me) unusable.   The original VB Aurora reduced blank spaces in the UI while keeping the same font size, perhaps this could be an alternative.   
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 04:17:24 AM by 5742k »

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #508 on: October 02, 2021, 12:24:45 AM »
In the menu is an entry "Quasar4x" where you can open the settings. There is an option to "Shrink to fit small displays". You can try that.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #509 on: October 02, 2021, 12:28:26 AM »
QoL: When building new ships and your shipyard has more than one slipway the target task group is reset to <None Selected> when you click on the "Add Task" button. So for the next slipway, you again have to select a new task group. Usually, I build all to the same task group. Can you change this reset to only happen when there are no more free slipways left?  :)