Author Topic: v2.0.2 Bugs Thread  (Read 10337 times)

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
Re: v2.0.2 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2022, 07:26:45 AM »
If jump engine size is exactly the minimum size tech, the dropdown labels it as "No Squadron Jump" but the description does have a proper Max Squadron Size

SJW: Fixed for v2.1. Display Bug only.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:13:55 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline joshuawood

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2022, 09:05:44 AM »
There is a rare bug which causes the raiders to spawn troops on your planets (for me it's only been mars)

https://i.imgur.com/7hHWPue.png

In the pic you can see i just detect a population out of no where (if it loads) after a 1020s turn.

I can detect their ships literally days flight away from sol and in the case of their troop transports (of which i have killed many) i can detect them even further out.

On top of that i have a fleet of destroyers in orbit of mars and STOs looking for ships.

As far as i am aware there is no possible way the raiders got a ship in, landed troops and left in their ships in 1020s without me detecting them.

It has Happened multiple more times on Mars : https://i.imgur.com/PXca7zx.png
                                                                     https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/402321466839793664/1006535020510453780/unknown.png

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2022, 09:58:00 AM »
Seen in 2.   0.   2, in a game lasting around 25 years:
- Fleet Organization icon opens the Naval Organization window.   
- Lots of officers retires before they are 35, or at 42: is it intended?
- Shipyard Tasks tab reports a ship under fabrication, but the shipyard in the Shipyrads tab is marked with "No Activity" in the Current Activity column: is it intended?

SJW: All working as intended.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:01:35 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2022, 10:31:20 AM »
Seen in 2.   0.   2, in a game lasting around 25 years:
- Fleet Organization icon opens the Naval Organization window.   
- Lots of officers retires before they are 35, or at 42: is it intended?
- Shipyard Tasks tab reports a ship under fabrication, but the shipyard in the Shipyrads tab is marked with "No Activity" in the Current Activity column: is it intended?

All 3 are WAI and no actual bugs
- A name difference issue between the Tooltip and the Window Title , but you manage your fleets in the Naval Org window.
- lowest rank retires at early 30s, 2nd rank at mid 30s, 3rd rank at early 40s. That shows the normal fluctuation of personnel. Higher flag ranks stay quite a bit longer.
- the shipyard tabs shows actions that influence the shipyard itself, as in increasing construction size and slipway numbers.

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2022, 12:16:55 PM »
OK how about this one.

I salvaged a rift raider wreck.

I got 4x 'Magnetic Mirror Fusion Reactor R4' unloaded to Earth.

I then tried to design a ship requiring exactly this and 'Use Alien Tech' via the miscellaneous checkbox for the design.

Refreshed as nothing showed up, whereupon the components list shrank and no power plants at all were visible (there is an R3 version already researched for the player race which is visible when the alien checkbox is not checked).

'2.0.2 Function #2524: The given key was not present in the dictionary.'

See screenshot Alien dictionary 01.jpg.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 08:53:23 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Foxxonius Augustus

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2022, 01:06:55 PM »
When organizing fleets, it is possible to create a sub-fleet of a sub-fleet and to move them from fleet to fleet even while nested. However the organization of nested sub-fleets past the first level is not preserved following a save and restart.

Steps to reproduce.
Create 2 sub-fleets of Battle Fleet called Sub-Fleet A and Sub-Fleet B
Drag Sub-Fleet B into Sub-Fleet A so it looks like this.
 Battle Fleet
   Sub-Fleet A
      Sub-Fleet B
Save the game, close and restart aurora.
Both sub-fleets will be organized directly under Battle Fleet.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 03:00:08 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2022, 02:01:33 PM »
Not sure if this is something that's known already, but Mercury is listed as tidally locked in 2.0.2

It is not tidally locked IRL in the traditional sense. It is in a 3:2 resonance orbit around the sun. That is, for every three orbits around the sun, it spins twice.

This is important in terms of colony cost, since there isn't a spot where you can permanently hide from the sun on Mercury.

SJW: Aware but WAI
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:19:29 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline canius

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2022, 03:03:43 PM »
Quote from: joshuawood link=topic=13028. msg161097#msg161097 date=1660053944
Quote from: joshuawood link=topic=13028. msg161069#msg161069 date=1660014071
There is a rare bug which causes the raiders to spawn troops on your planets (for me it's only been mars)

https://i. imgur. com/7hHWPue. png

In the pic you can see i just detect a population out of no where (if it loads) after a 1020s turn. 

I can detect their ships literally days flight away from sol and in the case of their troop transports (of which i have killed many) i can detect them even further out. 

On top of that i have a fleet of destroyers in orbit of mars and STOs looking for ships. 

As far as i am aware there is no possible way the raiders got a ship in, landed troops and left in their ships in 1020s without me detecting them.

It has Happened multiple more times on Mars : https://i. imgur. com/PXca7zx. png
                                                                     https://cdn. discordapp. com/attachments/402321466839793664/1006535020510453780/unknown. png

Had this happen as well, though given what the Raiders are based off of in 40k I figured they had a webway portal or something, haha.

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2022, 03:19:33 PM »
Maybe not technically a bug, but when placing a Deep Space Population, you get a pop up to enter its name. There's a "cancel" button that I thought should cancel the creation of the DSP, but it doesn't actually cancel it and basically just closes the pop up.

Also, the fields "NPRs generate Aeather Rifts" and "NPRs encounter Raiders" in the game creation screen are still missing info texts in 2.0.2.

SJW: Cancelling naming popup with now cancel creation. Tooltips added.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 07:00:52 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2022, 03:19:42 PM »
When organizing fleets, it is possible to create a sub-fleet of a sub-fleet and to move them from fleet to fleet even while nested. However the organization of nested sub-fleets past the first level is not preserved following a save and restart.

Steps to reproduce.
Create 2 sub-fleets of Battle Fleet called Sub-Fleet A and Sub-Fleet B
Drag Sub-Fleet B into Sub-Fleet A so it looks like this.
 Battle Fleet
   Sub-Fleet A
      Sub-Fleet B
Save the game, close and restart aurora.
Both sub-fleets will be organized directly under Battle Fleet.

This is old issue that was reported from first version of Aurora C#. I don't think Steve ever addressed this. Maybe now with squadron mechanics, this could be solved?

SJW: Fixed now
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 03:01:50 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ragnarsson

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2022, 05:30:40 PM »
I've been having a large number of game lock-ups upon system generation. This occurs when a new system is generated, and is characterized by the program "freezing", becoming unresponsive and pegging 1 core of my CPU at max utilization until I end the process via the task manager. No error numbers or popups are displayed, the program just locks up.

Replication:

- Create a new game, *deselecting "Known Star Systems"*
- Turn on Space Master mode
- Open the System View window
- Click Create System repeatedly until the lockup occurs.

I've had it lock up on anywhere from the 1st new system all the way up to the 168th. But it will always, eventually hit a system generation that causes this error.

I stumbled across this due to my penchant for creating non-Sol starts, and creating numerous new systems until I found one that met my parameters. Doing something like that makes it quite easy to stumble across - I suspect it could happen during the normal course of play during system generation via jump point exploration. This way just forces it to trigger much quicker and in an easily replicable manner.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2022, 06:16:28 PM »
I had another conventional start game where I was attacked by raiders (this time, in the first year, before I even had TN tech!) and they attacked my shipyards, but reduced one to -3 slipways. I'm attaching the database this time. Also I was able to defeat the enemy ship by rushing a plasma carronade STO...

SJW: Previously reported and fixed
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:23:05 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2022, 08:37:55 PM »
The small craft refuelling system system only works between ships of 1000 tons or less (the tanker and the ship being refueled have to be 1000 tons or less).

The description really ought to include that information. Also, it appears that a craft larger than 1000t that has both a normal and a small–ship refueling system cannot use either. In my opinion it is always a design mistake to put more than one refueling system on any ship, so the game ought to give a warning for that the same way it does for missing bridges and engineering spaces.

SJW: Updated description and added code to prevent more than one refuelling system
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:33:07 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2022, 05:03:01 AM »
On 2.0.2. When creating a new game with Known Stars **deselected** games freeze and does not generate properly the DB.

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2022, 05:22:12 AM »
The small craft refuelling system system only works between ships of 1000 tons or less (the tanker and the ship being refueled have to be 1000 tons or less).

The description really ought to include that information. Also, it appears that a craft larger than 1000t that has both a normal and a small–ship refueling system cannot use either. In my opinion it is always a design mistake to put more than one refueling system on any ship, so the game ought to give a warning for that the same way it does for missing bridges and engineering spaces.

I do get the SRS rules now and like the idea of small fighter class refuelling logistics. ;D In fact I am using it currently with small sub 1kt explorers and support/S&R tankers.

I didnt return to this because its minor and I didn't want to burden Steve with trivia but yes the small refuel system seems to prevent using a standard refuel system if they are both on the same ship. Which cannot help gameplay and only occurred due to testing in a state of confusion about rules.

I did test inter-ship refuelling just to be on the safe side and it works fine. Refuelling a ship with small refuel system from a ship with a standard refuel system works and if you try to refuel any ship size from a mixed fleet with both systems in separate ships that works too, so ... nothing to report  :)