Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 361639 times)

Offline Razgriz7734

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1485 on: February 26, 2021, 11:11:22 AM »
Hi, is it possible to transfer a ship to another player race?

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #1486 on: February 26, 2021, 12:39:07 PM »
Not directly, but they can capture it using boarding. You can SM in some boarders (remember to set the target ship to minimum speed so the boarders don't all die) and capture it, but after that it'll have a 1 month overhaul modifier.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1487 on: February 26, 2021, 04:11:48 PM »
How can I transfer fuel from one fuel tanker to the other? Both are fine refueling other ships - but they can't transfer fuel to the other...

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #1488 on: February 26, 2021, 07:50:01 PM »
How can I transfer fuel from one fuel tanker to the other? Both are fine refueling other ships - but they can't transfer fuel to the other...

You basically cannot. It's not implemented.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1489 on: February 26, 2021, 08:04:35 PM »

You basically cannot. It's not implemented.

You can actually. Have all tankers in the same fleet then select the tanker you want refueled - make it so that it's autorefuel is either off or not set to "refuel fleet tankers" and then set all other tankers to "refuel fleet tankers". The tanker that isn't refueling will fill up from the others.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1490 on: February 27, 2021, 03:18:19 AM »
You can actually. Have all tankers in the same fleet then select the tanker you want refueled - make it so that it's autorefuel is either off or not set to "refuel fleet tankers" and then set all other tankers to "refuel fleet tankers". The tanker that isn't refueling will fill up from the others.
Yes, that way it works. Thanks.  :D

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #1491 on: February 27, 2021, 04:20:24 AM »
You can also have one tanker use the 'Refuel from stationary tanker' order with another tanker as a target.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1492 on: February 27, 2021, 05:40:36 AM »
I get the feeling that the civilian economy is a "leaky" process. Can't put my finger on it but it seems that stuff is going into the "black market" and does not appear where it should. Is there an issue with the civilian economy?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1493 on: February 27, 2021, 07:27:09 AM »
I get the feeling that the civilian economy is a "leaky" process. Can't put my finger on it but it seems that stuff is going into the "black market" and does not appear where it should. Is there an issue with the civilian economy?

I've got no clue what you're talking about. Could you elaborate? What specifically about civies is off?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1494 on: February 27, 2021, 07:40:25 AM »
I've got no clue what you're talking about. Could you elaborate? What specifically about civies is off?

One example is that I had set up to transfer 18 Deep Space Tracking Stations from Earth to 3 different planet, 6 to each. In the end one of them had 6, the other one 3 and the last is now stuffed with 21. Very strange... . I though didn't watch what happened all the time; so I can't put my finger on it why and how this happened. I am sure that I didn't mistype the demand numbers... ;-)

I am sending things with the civilians all the time and had a feeling something is off for quite a while now. Automated mines for example I tend to send in blocks of 10. Though I have several colonies with like 54 AMs, another one 32, and so on... .
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 07:42:18 AM by TMaekler »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1495 on: February 27, 2021, 07:52:12 AM »

One example is that I had set up to transfer 18 Deep Space Tracking Stations from Earth to 3 different planet, 6 to each. In the end one of them had 6, the other one 3 and the last is now stuffed with 21. Very strange... . I though didn't watch what happened all the time; so I can't put my finger on it why and how this happened. I am sure that I didn't mistype the demand numbers... ;-)

I am sending things with the civilians all the time and had a feeling something is off for quite a while now. Automated mines for example I tend to send in blocks of 10. Though I have several colonies with like 54 AMs, another one 32, and so on... .

Oh this is a known issue - civilians will tend to overfill orders that you put. I think if an order gets filled while ships are on their way they don't cancel. So civies that pick up stuff for the same contract will end up overfilling your orders.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1496 on: February 27, 2021, 07:56:16 AM »
Oh this is a known issue - civilians will tend to overfill orders that you put. I think if an order gets filled while ships are on their way they don't cancel. So civies that pick up stuff for the same contract will end up overfilling your orders.
I see. Any hope of this getting fixed - or is there some kind of workaround so I can minimize it?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1497 on: February 27, 2021, 08:14:52 AM »
I see. Any hope of this getting fixed - or is there some kind of workaround so I can minimize it?

The only workaround I know is to not use civilian contracts and use state freighters. As for a fix you'd have to ask Steve, the problem has been discussed a few times on the forums.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #1498 on: February 27, 2021, 08:52:52 AM »

I am sending things with the civilians all the time and had a feeling something is off for quite a while now. Automated mines for example I tend to send in blocks of 10. Though I have several colonies with like 54 AMs, another one 32, and so on...

Yes... there is an issue with how the civilians use supply and demand. If you want it to behave properly you usually need to put a supply and demand relationship as 1:1. In you r case first one with a supply 6 and demand 6 and then repeat thing three times after each one is finished.

If I for example set a world to supply 100 mines and then give a demand of 50 mines to one world they can easily end up with 60 mines and not 50.

In my opinion the supply and demand system could perhaps need some love and be better. I would really want to say that put all mines above 100 as automatic supplied on a world for example. Then I could give a demand of 1000 mines on three other planets and this one planet would automatically supply mines whenever they are built but will always retain 100 mines itself. It should work like when you put a cap in minerals.

I see no reason why I need to continually go into a world and set supply and demand once every few months... I usually have a list of worlds I need to set supply and demand on each year and do this on the first of every year. This is work I should not have to be doing to be honest.

I also think that civilians should a bit more randomly chose which demand to carry cargo to. They seem to be very laser focused on one demand before another and I don't actually like this behavior.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 09:01:35 AM by Jorgen_CAB »

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1499 on: February 27, 2021, 01:31:03 PM »
So I understand that Maneuver or something like that is actually a trait that Ground Units have that is hidden for some reason. How do you increase it and what does it do?