Author Topic: Please explain me how to manage my fighters.  (Read 1301 times)

Offline jocan2003 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
Please explain me how to manage my fighters.
« on: May 27, 2020, 01:02:43 PM »
Just built my first carrier type ship with a few fighter. But now i have no idea how to organise my squad and such. Do i really need to *detach* one fighter from the fleet, then click and drag every single fighter into the new fleet?

I think i remember in VB6 you could assign mothership, dock them, create squad and quickly detach a squad so it makes a new fleet. I cannot seem to find anything like that. Im starting to think C# fighter might not be worth the micro. Any tutorial? video? or guide you guys know about it? Google seem blind to it.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
Re: Please explain me how to manage my fighters.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 01:05:50 PM »
Just built my first carrier type ship with a few fighter. But now i have no idea how to organise my squad and such. Do i really need to *detach* one fighter from the fleet, then click and drag every single fighter into the new fleet?

I think i remember in VB6 you could assign mothership, dock them, create squad and quickly detach a squad so it makes a new fleet. I cannot seem to find anything like that. Im starting to think C# fighter might not be worth the micro. Any tutorial? video? or guide you guys know about it? Google seem blind to it.

So when you select a fleet and the ship list appears on the right screen you can Shift click there to select multiples and then detach them all together.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982, Sebmono

Offline jocan2003 (OP)

• j
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 01:48:47 PM »
Now thats gonna help move thing faster, thats a start. Anyway i can have a rundown on how many fighter of each type i have landed on the mothership like Viper x8, raptor x12 instead of manually counting them?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 01:57:20 PM by jocan2003 »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 02:31:50 PM »
Now thats gonna help move thing faster, thats a start. Anyway i can have a rundown on how many fighter of each type i have landed on the mothership like Viper x8, raptor x12 instead of manually counting them?

The of each ship is listed above that list of ships. It should say something like 1x carrier, 5x fighter, etc, assuming only the carrier and fighters are in a fleet together and nothing else.

Offline jocan2003 (OP)

• j
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 03:36:53 PM »
Well i guess my dyslexia got the best of me and i never saw it before...

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 03:58:17 PM »
This is how I structure it:

When the carrier jumps to a new system I detach the geo surveyors and the grav ones. I order them to divide into single ships at the jump point they entered in on and then I change the standing orders to survey X on the first 1 and Land on assigned mother-ship on the second one. Then you pass time and they split and they have the standing orders.

BTW the reason the carrier has over 100 percent fuel is cause commercial hangars are still broken so I had to SM in a cargo shuttle bay and I got rid of fuel storage in return.