Author Topic: How can I transfer MSP from one fleet's supply ships to another?  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Outrojection (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • O
Is it possible to transfer maintenance supplies from one fleet's supply ships to another fleet's supply ships without any merging or juggling the "supply ship" status in hull design?

Scenario:
I have 2 fleets
Fleet A:
1 ship hull ticked "supply ship", carrying 10,000 MSP
Fleet B:
1 station hull ticked "no armor" + "supply ship" with maintenance modules, parked at a jump point, capable of holding 100,000 MSP, but is currently at 70,000 since it's been spending MSP to maintain other ships parked at the same location.

I want to create a set of delayed repeating orders for Fleet A to top off Fleet B's MSP every year, automating the station's resupply.
Since Fleet B is not at a body, I can't use the "Transfer maint supplies to colony" order.
As far as I know MSP transfer in space can only occur between a supply ship and its own fleet or subfleet, and even then, one ship marked as a "supply ship" cannot transfer MSP to another ship also marked as a "supply ship.

So far the best I can do is:
Disable "supply ship" status for the station in Fleet B in hull design
Merge Fleet A into Fleet B
Make sure the supply ship's dropdown menu says "resupply own fleet"
Wait until MSP gets transfered from the ship to the station
Enable "supply ship" status for the station in the hull design
Detach the supply ship and send it back to a colony

This is a really tedious process that has to be repeated manually for each base I have.