Author Topic: What could cause an Orbital Miner over a planet before getting the tech?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline trabber Shir (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
So, I am not sure whether this is a bug, or something weird about the civilian economy i don't undrstand, or aliens.  I suspect it is a bug, but would like to ask the experts.  Also if it is a bug I would like tips on how to get more information to make a more detailed bug report.

I will be completing the Orbital Mining Module tech in about a month.  But my home world is currently showing one Orbital Mining Module in its list of miners (on the mining screen).

I have verified looked at all of my ship designs (current and obsolete, regular and civilian) and verified that none of them have OMMs.  Additionally, I am not seeing any ships other than mine in orbit (In addition to a deep space tracking station on the planet I have 18 ships in orbit with active sensors on).

What could be causing that OMM to be listed?

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
Check who is assigned. It says there is one Ship CO. See if you can find who that is. Find them, find the ship.

Offline trabber Shir (OP)

• t
Any tips on how to identify the commander? All that the 1 there tells me is that his mining skill is 0% which is true of about 80 of my military commanders, most of whom are commanding something.

Offline Kylemmie

• K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Heya Trab,

Curious as to what you guys are seeing  that I'm blind too. "It says there is one CO"  where?

Prod screen shows zero production, so I would assume it's not on a ship in orbit. Did you check stockpile? 

Only other thought is a recovered installation at a Xeno site that somehow got transported by accident instead of a mine or something.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
The 1 in the modifier really just means no modifier, so there may or may not be a commander on the ship in question.

I have a sneaking suspicion that some other module in orbit shows up as an orbital miner here, I think I remember seeing a mystery orbital miner show up once as well. Maybe try sending ships away in batches to track it down?

Your homeworld should be too big to mine with orbitals, so there'd probably be no production from it regardless.

Offline Kylemmie

• K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022

Your homeworld should be too big to mine with orbitals, so there'd probably be no production from it regardless.

uhh....oh yeah...that would be why it shows no production....sigh

Still curious, I assume it's coded so that if a OMM is simply in stockpile on the world, it won't show up on the miners screen?  It appears this is truly a bug and not this, just got me curious if my assumption is correct.